Food or restaraunt you have always wanted to try

class. i think its under advertised even for sunderland standard, which is a real shame. i'll check out the jazz night. i'm going with me mam for the tasting menu next thursday lunchtime. can't wait
I hadn't realised it's been open for about 14 months. They really should promote it better.

I'd be interested to know what you think of the tasting menu and how long it takes to get through it. Taking my Dad to see the Sun Ra Arkestra at the Sage and wanted to do the tasting menu beforehand but I doubt we'll be able to squeeze it in before the gig starts at 7pm.

I hadn't realised it's been open for about 14 months. They really should promote it better.

I'd be interested to know what you think of the tasting menu and how long it takes to get through it. Taking my Dad to see the Sun Ra Arkestra at the Sage and wanted to do the tasting menu beforehand but I doubt we'll be able to squeeze it in before the gig starts at 7pm.

last time we did it we were sat at 5.50pm on a friday and we didn't leave till after 9pm. probably could do it in 2 hours if you told them you wanted to but deffo not in an hour

although you can go during the day if you were off work. we are going 12-3 next thursday

Osteria Francescana in Modena, arguably the best restaurant in the world.

Tried in vain to get a reservation 6 months before going to Italy but didn't manage it.

Instead ate another Michelin star place a few doors down from there called L'Erba del Re.

Gutted.

:lol: you went to NYC and ate at Bubba Gump's :lol::oops:

We went to NYC and ate all over the place. We did touristy places and non touristy places.
There's so much to try.

I can't see what your issue is here. If we'd gone to NYC and eaten nowhere but McDonalds, I could see your point, but the fact is it's a pretty famous (albeit chain) place and the food was canny

Plenty of class seafood shack type places in Manhattan like.

In all honesty, I'm not great with seafood, but I'll give it a go. I wouldn't tend to go to a purely seafood place

We went to NYC and ate all over the place. We did touristy places and non touristy places.
There's so much to try.

I can't see what your issue is here. If we'd gone to NYC and eaten nowhere but McDonalds, I could see your point, but the fact is it's a pretty famous (albeit chain) place and the food was canny

In all honesty, I'm not great with seafood, but I'll give it a go. I wouldn't tend to go to a purely seafood place

Dunno just find it odd. Like going to a Garfunkel's or Aberdeen Angus here.

Dunno just find it odd. Like going to a Garfunkel's or Aberdeen Angus here.

I don't think I've been to either of those.

As well as quite a few diners and pubs etc, we went to Applebees for breakfast once.
Again, to them it's a chain - probably a bit like Frankie and Benny's I guess, but the mexican omelette I had was nice.

Back