FM 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye there's no comeback cos you don't do it if ya wanna be decent, ya f***ing spenk

:lol::lol::lol:

You'd search the mental stats, the technical stats and the physical stats. What their preferred role is doesn't even come into it. If you want a DF sure youd factor workrate but you wouldn't automatically ignore the other stats ffs. Then you train their preferred instructions if you have to...

Hence bringing in a coach with different nation knowledge improves your pool of players to search from in the lower leagues.

If you just get a scout and they find a 5 player the 5 star means absolutely nothing if they have a weak mental stat, I.e striker with poor composure or a defender with rubbbish anticipation or concentration. They might have a higher rating star wise because they have afew high stats that are completely irrelevant and as soon as you get Rom

promoted*

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol::lol::lol:

You'd search the mental stats, the technical stats and the physical stats. What their preferred role is doesn't even come into it. If you want a DF sure youd factor workrate but you wouldn't automatically ignore the other stats ffs. Then you train their preferred instructions if you have to...

Hence bringing in a coach with different nation knowledge improves your pool of players to search from in the lower leagues.

If you just get a scout and they find a 5 player the 5 star means absolutely nothing if they have a weak mental stat, I.e striker with poor composure or a defender with rubbbish anticipation or concentration. They might have a higher rating star wise because they have afew high stats that are completely irrelevant and as soon as you get Rom

promoted*

Preferred role has alot to do with it. There's ne point in signing someone who's 1 star at being a winger but he's 5 star at being an inside forward but your tactics use IF and you can't retrain him cos his hidden versatility stat is too low.

5 Star overalls generally mean they're too good for the current league and the league above you (if applicable) you're going to get atleast 3 seasons out of him, maybe more depending on his age. ofcourse you're going to buy him despite his negatives, even 4 stars would get you a full season out of him.

Preferred role has alot to do with it. There's ne point in signing someone who's 1 star at being a winger but he's 5 star at being an inside forward but your tactics use IF and you can't retrain him cos his hidden versatility stat is too low.

5 Star overalls generally mean they're too good for the current league and the league above you (if applicable) you're going to get atleast 3 seasons out of him, maybe more depending on his age. ofcourse you're going to buy him despite his negatives, even 4 stars would get you a full season out of him.

Yeah obviously but that's basic common logic when you click on a player and look at what foot he is.

The star rating has nowt to do with it, so the scouts lower league are just pointless. its all about how the stats interact with the in game match engine. Using the attribute search you can get rid of the 'good players' who have a fundamental weakness. Concentration is a common one where a player looks good (especially on loan) but their concentration is dog shit and the engine abuses them

You can also just invite every player on a free that looks good enough on a trial and it'll tell you what star they are once you've used the attribute search to whittle out the shitters. There's nothing amateur about it.

Your scouts will just look through a default pool of free agents known in U.K. and Ireland and it will stay the same unless you bring in coaches with international knowledge and then it opens up a different market. Say I always get Michael Ballack in or Hitzlesberger, have done for about 4 year on FM. Takes your free agent germans from 6-7 to over 100 and the players that come up are a lot better in general. Then you can use an attribute search to get rid of the ones that look good but are let down mentally/physically.

Youre literally losing a whole market of thousands of players by just relying on scouts. Personally always get rid of the lot to save on costs until the prem anyways. Disregarding foreign staff and thorough attribute searching is mental

Finished my 4th season with the lads and finally won some more silverware. Pipped Spurs to 4th to get Champions League football but it wouldn't have mattered as I beat Man City to win the Europa League after being knocked out of the Champions League. Also won the FA Cup after having the easiest run ever which saw most of the big teams knocked out in the Qtr finals.
My team is mostly regens but have the likes of Chalobah,Veltman,Zouma,Gaya,Tielemans and Brereton. Even though the club is rich now I'm still making profits on most players I sell

This thread has taken an interesting turn :lol:

@Johnsafc giving @coyneeee the runaround here lads. It's great seeing someone who doesn't know what they're talking about trying to argue with someone who quite clearly does :lol:

I thought I must have been going crazy or dreamt it :lol:

:lol:

Hope you're okay @Johnsafc after that savage remark.

Cheers Marco lad, struggled to get afew hours in as my burns were fresh and were sticking to the sheets.

This thread has taken an interesting turn :lol:

@Johnsafc giving @coyneeee the runaround here lads. It's great seeing someone who doesn't know what they're talking about trying to argue with someone who quite clearly does :lol:

Aye. Clearly knows what he's talking about when he says preferred roles doesn't matter.

But then again, if you's lads tried a real challenge in the game instead of pocketing Premier League money I'd give you lads credit, but unfortunately it's the same old shite in this thread.

"Won the league"
"Won the cup"
"Club got rich cos £100 mil every season"
And repeat.

Bring back Flash Gordon, a very credible Lower League Manager with great posts :cool:

Last edited:
Aye. Clearly knows what he's talking about when he says preferred roles doesn't matter.

But then again, if you's lads tried a real challenge in the game instead of pocketing Premier League money I'd give you lads credit, but unfortunately it's the same old shite in this thread.

"Won the league"
"Won the cup"
And repeat.

Bring back Flash Gordon, a very credible Lower League Manager with great posts :cool:
:lol:

You haven't got a clue like.

"Won the league"
"Won the cup"
And repeat.

They don't matter. You go in knowing what you want and you used the attribute filter to get the best player. You can easy train his role, it's not like they can't play it because they can play something else abit better.

You're out of your depth here in this situation like just accept it. After you started the thing by calling it amateur ;)

Exciting times here lads, found a great striker with 20 strength to play in my system.

He's got composure, finishing, heading & work rate all under 5 like but I've realised that's all irrelevant after reading the last 2 pages.

Cracking advice @coyneeee lad, cheers!

Exciting times here lads, found a great striker with 20 strength to play in my system.

He's got composure, finishing, heading & work rate all under 5 like but I've realised that's all irrelevant after reading the last 2 pages.

Unbelievable find that mate, and who says attribute searching doesn't work :cool:

Ne bother lad, won't be getting shoved off the ball anytime soon :cool:

Grats @Dexter I'd actually ask you to play the game now and give yourself a challenge but it took you 12 seasons with £100 mil every season from about season #5 onwards so I guess you've peaked when the game gets easy unfortunately.

Last edited:
I thought he must have been pissed last night but it appears he was serious. Bragging about playing in a different country on a video game :lol: how strange.

I thought he must have been pissed last night but it appears he was serious. Bragging about playing in a different country on a video game :lol: how strange.

Anyone ever managed in the San Marino league. It's absolute bedlam, players can't pass 5 yards and the ball just goes in from anywhere. Had a video of my keeper coming forward from a corner, staying up and scoring :lol:

Can imagine it'll be like Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back