FM 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

PI's always. More important than team instructions for me when I make a tactic. Fine playing retain possession for the whole team but I'd want my playmaker to hit more direct and risky passes etc.

People overuse team instructions, some tactics have about fifteen team instructions when there's no need. You could take about seven or eight of them off and your team would play literally the same because some of the instructions are already cancelling others out or the players will already be doing some of them by default.

Spot on like.
Sounds familiar @SAFC Wilks

Massive headache trying to get players work permits.

Got an absolute worldy of a regen but he's Argentinian. Can't see him getting the international games he needs anytime soon so I've had to ship him to Spain for ages.

Into 2027 on my Annan save.

After winning 2 SPL titles consecutively I go and lose it 2 seasons in a row on the final day.
First occasion was to Rangers, had them last game of the season but they were ahead on goal difference and only managed a draw.
2nd occasion was to Celtic, yet again had Rangers last game, needed Celtic to atleast draw after pumping Rangers 4-1 but Tyrone Mings scores in the 82nd minute :rolleyes:

Weirdly I'm making more progress in the Champions League than I am domestically, started off with a few draws there and there. 3 points in a group with Zenit, Porto and Roma is very respectable and actually finished 3rd to progress in the Europa League.
4 points the following season pumping FC Basel 5-0 and they nicked a draw in the reverse tie
Then a massive leap to 12 points in the following season, lost the final game on purpose as I saw the 2nd placed finishers were much stronger than the 1st placed, drawn against Leverkusen in the next round and got humped 7-1 so although the idea was good, the execution wasn't :D :D

1 thing which made me chuckle however I saw a chap in my reserves called Aiden Smith who had been with me since the very first season back in 16/17 in League 2, he's spent 5 years with me out of contract and 11 years in total, brought him on for a laugh and he actually scored, and Livingston in the Championship offered him a contract as a result. What a beast :D

Elsewhere. Liverpool are now in the Championship

current play through I started with rangers and easily dominated Scottish football. got bored and went to everton, within 2 seaosns had them as PL runners up and reaching CL semi final and fa cup final. sunderland got relegated so I quit and went to them, won the league for promotion at first attempt and currently into my 7th season I think. finishing top 4 for the last 5 years including one runners up. won champions league and world championship twice in a row, one European super cup.

anyone else managed to get sunderland to build a new stadium? finally got it approved and currently building 83k seater. bit disappointed its just called 'sunderland stadium' like. my name or something a bit more imaginative would be nice

Is it just me that wants to throw my laptop out the window every time someone takes a throw in and chucks it straight to the other team? It's that bad it's even starting to wind me up when the other team takes a throw in and hoys it to someone on my team.

Is it just me that wants to throw my laptop out the window every time someone takes a throw in and chucks it straight to the other team? It's that bad it's even starting to wind me up when the other team takes a throw in and hoys it to someone on my team.
Sort your throw ins out :lol:

Put your full back on the throw and have your winger and cm come short for it.

Massive headache trying to get players work permits.

Got an absolute worldy of a regen but he's Argentinian. Can't see him getting the international games he needs anytime soon so I've had to ship him to Spain for ages.
Right click>contract>apply for work permit. Keep doing it every few weeks. Eventually you'll get it.

Sort your throw ins out :lol:

Put your full back on the throw and have your winger and cm come short for it.

Right click>contract>apply for work permit. Keep doing it every few weeks. Eventually you'll get it.

It has nothing to do with my throw ins as suggested by my last sentence. It's something to do with the match engine and only watching on key or extended highlights.

Quality player but looks like a right nutter, like he belongs in some cult :lol:

PSG always overpay on this, whack in a counter offer of 150m up front or something :cool:
He's Scottish, that'll be why

I'd atleast get the monthly payments down to 6-12 months, get your money quicker

Started a new save with SAFC on the updated database.
My advice, sell replace early. Only Promotion saved me from Administration.

Into 4th season with Villa now and although I'm doing excellent in cup competitions I can't crack the league. Man Utd are dominant. Again.

Anyone know of a decent guide to follow to get youth to amazing levels?

Into 4th season with Villa now and although I'm doing excellent in cup competitions I can't crack the league. Man Utd are dominant. Again.

Anyone know of a decent guide to follow to get youth to amazing levels?

Sign the best ones from other teams when they spawn in the youth intake and play them (Before they sign for their team)

Started a new save with SAFC on the updated database.
My advice, sell replace early. Only Promotion saved me from Administration.

:eek::eek::lol:

Can imagine we're f***ing shite on it anarl

When is the new one out? Our current predicament appeals.
Not played it since my nephew stopped giving me his old ones. He's got himself a GF now so FMs history now both for him and me.

When is the new one out? Our current predicament appeals.
Not played it since my nephew stopped giving me his old ones. He's got himself a GF now so FMs history now both for him and me.
Same here mate I haven't played one since 2014. 2017 is stupidly cheap on steam at the moment so thinking of buying it to pass the time until the new one.

Same here mate I haven't played one since 2014. 2017 is stupidly cheap on steam at the moment so thinking of buying it to pass the time until the new one.

If you don't like the amount of depth in the new ones you can play FM Touch which is like a watered down version. Just pretty much transfers and tactics I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back