FM 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second season in Championship with Shrewsbury

Picked a few Premier League out of contract types on frees as usual and secured some half decent loanees, Frizzell (Bournemouth) is back for his 4th season on loan :)

Smashed my wage budget and gave a Chelsea Ivory Coast winger called Jeremy Boga 8k a week. He smashed his knee to bits in a friendly and is out for 5 months :neutral:

Think team is

GK Leutwiler (original)
RB Leto (40k from cordoba)
LB Rios (free from somewhere in spain)
CB Gasporetto (200k falkirk)
CB Callum Burgess (free fulham)
CDM Grimes (free swansea)
CM Phillips (free liverpool)
CM Sibbald (100k falkirk)
LW Boga (free chelsea)
RW Frizzell (loan bournemouth)
ST Rasmussen (loan man city) think this blokes a regen

Most of the players are valued at a million or so, hence i could make a decent profit on them. I also signed someone called Michael Caine (free from leicester) who is a good CM, again valued at 2 mill or so.

Sibbald is undoubtedly my star like, Plays every game and has risen from 100k to 4 million in 3 year

My record at Wembley on my Chester save is f***ing awful.

16/17 - Won play offs with Darlington in the Conference North (not at Wembley) / Lost 4-1 in the FA Trophy final
17/18 - Resigned half way through, took over Chester in the Conference North at the end of the season
18/19 - Won the Conference North title
19/20 - Won the Conference title
20/21 - 1-0 loss in League Two play off final
21/22 - Won the League Two title
22/23 - 3-2 loss in League One play off final
23/24 - 1-0 loss in League One play off final
24/25 - Won the League One title / 4-2 loss in FA Cup semi final
25/26 - 4-2 loss in Championship play off final
26/27 - 0-0 penalties win in Championship play off final
29/30 - 3-2 loss in Europa League final

So four play off final losses, one FA trophy loss, one FA Cup semi final loss and one Europa League final loss to one play off win on penalties. Grim as owt.

Moving into a new 22,000 seater stadium this Summer. Instead of naming it after me it's being named after some random bloke that captained them for four years apparently. Ungrateful bastards.

My record at Wembley on my Chester save is f***ing awful.

16/17 - Won play offs with Darlington in the Conference North (not at Wembley) / Lost 4-1 in the FA Trophy final
17/18 - Resigned half way through, took over Chester in the Conference North at the end of the season
18/19 - Won the Conference North title
19/20 - Won the Conference title
20/21 - 1-0 loss in League Two play off final
21/22 - Won the League Two title
22/23 - 3-2 loss in League One play off final
23/24 - 1-0 loss in League One play off final
24/25 - Won the League One title / 4-2 loss in FA Cup semi final
25/26 - 4-2 loss in Championship play off final
26/27 - 0-0 penalties win in Championship play off final
29/30 - 3-2 loss in Europa League final

So four play off final losses, one FA trophy loss, one FA Cup semi final loss and one Europa League final loss to one play off win on penalties. Grim as owt.

Moving into a new 22,000 seater stadium this Summer. Instead of naming it after me it's being named after some random bloke that captained them for four years apparently. Ungrateful bastards.
Used to be the same on previous football managers in cup finals, absolute bottlers. They're a bit better this year for me thankfully :lol:

Had a look through the leagues at the end of the season, has anyone ever seen a team have such an appalling season as this? :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Team in the French national league went down with 1 point but they only play 30 games.

Someone went down without winning a game on mine and @SAFC Wilks game. Possibly Kidderminster or Gateshead.

Through my first season and a half as Stade de Reims. Started in the French 2nd tier and got promoted after nearly getting sacked halfway through the season languishing in tenth. Took an age to get a decent tactic sorted out. Kept trying to play 4-4-2 and was getting spanked regularly. Got promoted, and had a transfer kitty of £200k and no increase in wage budget :eek: Club in £2m debt (I'm using sterling as the currency) and I only get 5% of any transfer fees back. Can recommend if anyone wants a challenge :lol:

Around Nov 2017 now and I'm doing ok but the inability to make new signings and push on is killing me. Been applying for everything coming but getting blown out by the likes of QPR and Birmingham

Incidentally 16/17 Sunderland finished 7th and are in Europe

Started off with Man Utd won everything bar the Europa League,went to AC Milan after was only there half a season when the Sunderland job came up.
Took over in January ended up getting relegated but won the FA Cup.
Next season got rid of the dead wood and signed the likes of Jordan Rhodes,Chalobah,Loftus Cheek and won the league by a mile.
In my current season just before January I got taken over by some German billionaire who has give me 76m to spend (if only it was reality) current team is
GK-Sam Johnstone or Mignolet
3xCD-Denayer,Veltman,Calabresi
RWB-Diks or Tete
LWB-Duarte or Gaya
2xCM-Chalobah,Loftus Cheek
AM-Hiljemark or Demibiray
2xCF-Rhodes and Brereton

Started my current save with Celtic (Boring, I know) Stayed with them for 3 seasons.

16/17 - SPL Champions, Betfred Cup winners & Scottish FA Cup winners
17/18 - SPL Champions, Betfred Cup winners & Scottish FA Cup winners
18/19- SPL Champions, Betfred Cup winners & Scottish FA Cup winners

I then moved to Huddersfield for one season, won the league and they sacked me (thanks to a takeover). To which I then took over at Blackburn, guiding them from League One to Champions League in 4 seasons. I left Blackburn for the Villarreal job, which I got them their first ever La Liga title. Currently managing Sporting Lisbon, about to win the league and leave them.

Started a save unemployed and went on holiday until summer. Took the Tranmere job after their lowest ever league position. Had a lot of players (crap ones) on high wages so did a big reshuffle. Only spent a grand total of £95 on 23 players. Henry Jones from Bangor & Tom Walsh from Rangers doing the business. Kept Cole Stockton and built the team around him. Won the league with Stockton scoring 32 league goals in 38 games.

Second season in League Two and predicted bottom half. Won the league, god knows how. Stockton again getting 21 goals. Bought in some great players on frees (Deji Oshilaja, Greg Olley, Diego De Girolama, Kristinn Jonsson, Charles Ezeh, Mustapha Babadidi, Lyle Taylor, Mitchell Beeney & Muller Dinda) Got James Weir on loan as well. All the players listed are great shouts for league two teams if you want to do well. De Girolama as an inside forward is lethal. Him and greg olley are still playing well in league one.

Now in league one and top again. Kyle McAllister on loan from Derby is stand out performer. But again bought in some quality frees. Liam Shephard, Alex Finney, Elliot Lee, John Lunstram, Marlon Pack, Harry Charsley, Jed Steer. Finally Wayne Rooney :lol: look a good bit of business until he broke his leg after 3 games :rolleyes:

All going well I should be in the Championship next season. I've been able to attract good rep players given Tranmere have a decent reputation despite being lower levels. I think my current squad is good enough to stay up in Championship. I'll maybe do one or two more seasons with them before moving on. Been offered few jobs and decent teams like Sheffield United and Cardiff. They are both in League One and under performing. No doubt id have a load of money to spend but I'm doing so well with Tranmere I'll stay. Been linked with the Hull City job who are 19th in Prem. but doubt I'll leave.

Just picked this up the other week, been having a couple of hours a night for about 2 weeks. Started with Darlo in vanarama north, usually start with Gateshead but like going from the bottom league up. 2nd in my first season, hardly any signings, Lionel Stone at centre back and Luke Dobie in cm. signed an Australian striker called peter Skapetis who banged a few in. Promoted via the play offs after a 6-4 away win in the first leg.

Got hardly any money, had to change the ground I was renting too cause mine wasn't good enough for the Vanarma national. Currently 5th after loads of frees, couple of loans but only the right back starts. Usually playing 442 and 4231. Pretty much top or second for all the coaching so the players are always fit. Never sign anyone with under 10 determination or stamina to play the high press. Hoping for play offs this season, Gateshead riding top at the moment just after xmas.

Into December 2060 on my FM2014 save with Gladbach and Dresden :cool:

Retired from Dresden two seasons ago as I couldn't be arsed to rebuild an aging squad. Gladbach now have the most Bundesliga titles (29), the most DFB Pokal titles (19) and are level with Real Madrid for the most CL titles (14).

Its class to see how the game changes, we've won just one of the last 5 Bundesliga titles with Wehen Wiesbaden winning 3 (they're class and top again this season) and Nurnberg doing a Leicester to win it out of nowhere. Bayern have spend years as mid table dross and Dortmund battle relegation most years, Hamburg went down last season too. The top 5 sides are Wehen, Gladbach, RB Leipzig, Dresden and Freiburg these days.

In England there have been a few obscure winners with Sheff Utd, Southampton and the scum all winning a league title. Similar stories in Spain where Sociedad and Betis have both won titles and in Italy where Guilianova are major players.

So, I kinda left Lisbon after they won the league title. Took over at Russia, guided them to the following European Championships. Failed to win a single group game, was fired and decided for a challenge so took over at Coventry (who are now in the conference).

Just finished my third season with SAFC. Managed to finish 6th and get in the Europa League. After my takeover the Germans have given me £128m to spend for the upcoming season. Don't know whether I prefer having no money or not as its more of a challenge. The SOL has now been upgraded to 60k seats aswell

first season with Fulham promoted second season 10th and fa cup win just beat united in the community shield about 15 players in and out but breaking even with transfers 10mill for trippier is the only person I have spent good money on.

Started with AC Milan, guided them
To one Italian super cup , three consecutive league titles, the Italian cup and the champions league.
After winning the champo league real came in for me, I've went there and in my first season I've wrapped up the league, copa del Rey, Spanish cup and champions league. Next I'm going to drop to a lower team in England, trying to build a reputation as a journey man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back