Florida Disney Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you were to be there for 14 days and wanted to take in Disney, Universal Epcot and sea world how would you split it to get the best out of it?

Going for 19 days in September. Not getting a car just used uber last time was cheap enough.

We did 21days in 2001 then 26 days in 2004 villa and hire car both times. Best holidays ever brilliant memories and never to be forgotten.
Even managed to get the kids photos taken with the Baha men, they were shooting a video advert for the test track at epcot.

Plan to be at the gate for opening, go to what you want and don't get distracted. Get all the big stuff done by mid morning if you can. Use the free apps to check ride times.

Magic Kingdom is bloody annoying.

Yeah would like to go to downtown Miami and have a bit of a mooch about but the above are the priorities, it's for the kids after all

Miami is a canny hike with kids. What's well worth the drive is Kennedy Space Centre. The Atlantis exhibit is fantastic. The dibb site also lists busy days at all the parks so you can avoid.

Yeah would like to go to downtown Miami and have a bit of a mooch about but the above are the priorities, it's for the kids after all

How old are the kids? I reckon you could miss out Sea World and Busch due to time but if the kids are older and love rides then you can't miss them out.

Has anyone done the drinking round the world at Epcot? We didn't bother with Epcot last time since there was just two of us and I was driving and apart from that that isn't all that much there. Planning on doing it next time as there is a lot more of us going.

Register on The Dibb
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/index.php

Plenty of owners that you can deal with direct to rent from and loads of advice.

Personally I think a 14 day Disney Pass is too much. 7 days at most would do then also the universal passes.
This. I have been 6 times, stayed onsite one and five villas - including three from different owners on the Dibb - can recommend if required. Tremendous website for planning.

Has anyone done the drinking round the world at Epcot? We didn't bother with Epcot last time since there was just two of us and I was driving and apart from that that isn't all that much there. Planning on doing it next time as there is a lot more of us going.
I've had many drinks around world showcase, but never had one in every stop.
There's 11 countries as well as stalls with even more choice. If you go in early autumn when the Food and Wine festival is on there will be up to 40 countries represented.
Start saving though, as drinking in Disney is not cheap. A beer will be $5 or $6. Wines and spirits can be anything up to $20 for champagne. Cocktails could be anything.

Epcot is my favourite park, 2 of my favourite rides (soarin and test track), some great restaurants and a very good night time show.

Last edited:
Just a heads up if you haven't booked flights yet, we are going in October this year and I normally book direct with BA but decided to check flights with Expedia (both the UK and US sites) and booking via the US site has just saved me £700 (2 adult, 2 kids). Initially payment was blocked by my bank but a quick call to them and they authorised the payment.

I'm also flying into Tampa rather than Orlando airport as I'm hoping it will be less busy as I hate Orlando airport.

This will be our third trip and we are staying in a villa for 11 nights then at the Hard Rock at Universal for 3 nights to take advantage of the free Express passes they throw in.

Been utterly shit faced doing that. Food and wine festival is carnage. Spent about £350 between the two of us on slurp and can barely remember much after halfway round.

Miami is a canny hike with kids. What's well worth the drive is Kennedy Space Centre. The Atlantis exhibit is fantastic. The dibb site also lists busy days at all the parks so you can avoid.
Is it diff
How old are the kids? I reckon you could miss out Sea World and Busch due to time but if the kids are older and love rides then you can't miss them out.
10 and 7. Sea World is so the missus (no) can swim with the dolphins!

Is it diff

10 and 7. Sea World is so the missus (no) can swim with the dolphins!

That's at Discovery Cove, standard Sea World pass will not get you in there.
Discovery cove is a fantastic day but a bit expensive. Make sure you are not driving, so you can take advantage of the all inclusive drink.

That's at Discovery Cove, standard Sea World pass will not get you in there.
Discovery cove is a fantastic day but a bit expensive. Make sure you are not driving, so you can take advantage of the all inclusive drink.
Oh right. Cheers. That would have lead to serious disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back