Florida Disney Advice

Just a heads up if you haven't booked flights yet, we are going in October this year and I normally book direct with BA but decided to check flights with Expedia (both the UK and US sites) and booking via the US site has just saved me £700 (2 adult, 2 kids). Initially payment was blocked by my bank but a quick call to them and they authorised the payment.

I'm also flying into Tampa rather than Orlando airport as I'm hoping it will be less busy as I hate Orlando airport.

This will be our third trip and we are staying in a villa for 11 nights then at the Hard Rock at Universal for 3 nights to take advantage of the free Express passes they throw in.

How far ahead should you book the flights for best value? Appreciate this has probably been asked 100's of times.

Handy thread as going for a few weeks next July/August (pretty flexible) and hoping to go Via Toronto too

How far ahead should you book the flights for best value? Appreciate this has probably been asked 100's of times.

Handy thread as going for a few weeks next July/August (pretty flexible) and hoping to go Via Toronto too
If you want to go via Toronto, air transat usually have some decent deals on from Manchester.

It's a bit a clart on but BA from ponteland via Heathrow via somewhere in America are usually some of the cheapest prices, if you book 11 months ahead.
There are loads of different cities in the US you can go connect at.

It's a bit a clart on but BA from ponteland via Heathrow via somewhere in America are usually some of the cheapest prices, if you book 11 months ahead.
Been looking this morning with flights there via Chicago and then via Philly on the way back.

Exactly the route I have chosen few times now. Flown to Miami and Baltimore with them. It's not that much of a problem as you just go and get some bait from the various places in Heathrow which fills fair bit of the wait.

I flew delta on the way out via Boston last time.

cleared customs in Boston had a stretch of the legs and then its an internal flights so you can be out the airport in minutes at the other end.

came back via NY.

Delta were surprisingly good to what I expected

Looking at a 14 day pass, villa and car hire. Others saying that you can get good deals by keep moving hotels etc. What's the best way to do it?

This, move hotel every night, get the good deals that way.

Travel light, and you can buy fresh clothing in American Eagle.

Only way to do it.

Yeah Mears are expensive and they have a monopoly on the taxi contracts around Orlando. Uber's very cheap in comparison.
This, move hotel every night, get the good deals that way.

Travel light, and you can buy fresh clothing in American Eagle.

Only way to do it.
Holidays are for chilling paddy, not living out a case and moving every night.fuck that for a game.;)

Holidays are for chilling paddy, not living out a case and moving every night.fuck that for a game.;)

Good point Dark, now that I think about it you are correct.

I stayed at an apartment hotel .

3 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, washingmachines, full kitchen etc but get the benefit of a large pool and a bar plus other people around the pool. pool was open until midnight so could have a swim pretty much anytime

http://www.worldquestorlando.com/

Freaking 'efficiency' accommodations !!

Nah Epps, would t have that.

Last edited:
There's lots of different quality levels. I've stayed at Disneys port Orleans, which was mid-priced and excellent. Great pool, shuttle and boats to parks and Disney springs.

Next one up would be Caribbean beach, the animal kingdom, and Grand Floridian is the best.

Alternatively you can stay in a non-Disney, Disney resort hotel. Less priced but better quality hotel, still with the shuttles and 5 mins from the parks. I've just come back from Wyndham Grand Disney resort, it was one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Good deals on trip advisor
We stayed at the yaught club/ beach club. Absolutely spot on and literally a 2 minute walk into the back of Epcot. Never got tired after a long day walking there to see the late night firework display .
Best tip I could give would be to relax and enjoy it. The first week we tried to cram everything in that it ended up being no fun. Second week we thought fcuk it and chilled out ... had lie ins and never rushed about and still got to see everything we wanted to.
Only thing I would do differently next time would be spend more days at water parks
That tidal wave machine at typhoon lagoon is awesome

We stayed at the yaught club/ beach club. Absolutely spot on and literally a 2 minute walk into the back of Epcot. Never got tired after a long day walking there to see the late night firework display .
Best tip I could give would be to relax and enjoy it. The first week we tried to cram everything in that it ended up being no fun. Second week we thought fcuk it and chilled out ... had lie ins and never rushed about and still got to see everything we wanted to.
Only thing I would do differently next time would be spend more days at water parks
The yachtsman steakhouse.... Best steak I've ever had tbh.was recommended to give it a try, didn't disappoint.

Take water shoes (or buy some there at Walmart) for wearing at the Disney water parks as the bottom of the big wave pool is rough as fck. Had to take both kids to first aid the first visit to Typhoon Lagoon with grazed toes

Take water shoes (or buy some there at Walmart) for wearing at the Disney water parks as the bottom of the big wave pool is rough as fck. Had to take both kids to first aid the first visit to Typhoon Lagoon with grazed toes
Good advice I never wore mine and ended up breaking my toe and taking the nail off.
That wave doesn't half hit yer with force

2 minute walk ? Hark at Usain Bolt here.

I stayed at the Beach club last year , it was two minute walk from the room to the lift for fucks sake.

2 minute walk ? Hark at Usain Bolt here.

I stayed at the Beach club last year , it was two minute walk from the room to the lift for fucks sake.
It could be a 2 min walk if you were in one of the rooms nearest. Likewise it could be 15 mins if you are at the wrong end.

Back