Florida Disney Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot it a mile away in a car park.

The A3 we had was a nightmare to find. It was like parking a mini in a UK car park. We left animal kingdom quite early and the car park was quite full. We know roughly where it was but it still took us 20minutes split up to find it!

This. Also universal > Disney
You have your arrow thingy the wrong way round.

Disney has 4 full parks and 2 big water parks. Overall, it blows Universal out of the water. Is has more than twice as many visitors to just Magic Kingdom than each of the 2 Universal parks.

Oh, consider Uber rather than hiring a car. By the time you pay for the car, the insurance, the fuel and PARKING at the parks every single day ($15 a day) and the road tolls etc, you're not any better off than letting someone else drive you around and then you can have a drink.

I'm not saying do it, I'm saying consider it.
Its what I'm doing this year.

You have your arrow thingy the wrong way round.

Disney has 4 full parks and 2 big water parks. Overall, it blows Universal out of the water. Is has more than twice as many visitors to just Magic Kingdom than each of the 2 Universal parks.

Oh, consider Uber rather than hiring a car. By the time you pay for the car, the insurance, the fuel and PARKING at the parks every single day ($15 a day) and the road tolls etc, you're not any better off than letting someone else drive you around and then you can have a drink.

I'm not saying do it, I'm saying consider it.
Its what I'm doing this year.
The rides pale into comparison though.

Book a night or even two at one of the Universal Hotels (Hard Rock or Royal Pacific Resort) if you can afford it as you get early entry into the park and free fast tickets for all rides.

This. Also universal > Disney

Busch Gardens >>> all the others!

(I don't know this for a fact. I've been to BG a few times - it's the only park I've been to besides Alton Towers in the eighties, but loads of people I know who've been to all the parks say it's the best!)

(I don't know this for a fact. I've been to BG a few times - it's the only park I've been to besides Alton Towers in the eighties, but loads of people I know who've been to all the parks say it's the best!)
If you like white knuckle stuff aye. I'm a bit of a wuss, so the mummy is more my speed.

Just realised they got rid of T2 for despicable me. What a rip.

Reactions: PTR
Went last year and going back either this summer or next April when it's a bit cooler .
For me staying at a Disney hotel with free transport etc made all the difference. No driving no hassle .
Über taxi to universal.
Villa sounds nice but I would rather not have to clean up/ cook /drive etc .

Went last year and going back either this summer or next April when it's a bit cooler .
For me staying at a Disney hotel with free transport etc made all the difference. No driving no hassle .
Über taxi to universal.
That's why I'm staying lbv again. Two shuttles per hour, 100 yards from Disney property.

I heard it had gone massively down hill.

Book a night or even two at one of the Universal Hotels (Hard Rock or Royal Pacific Resort) if you can afford it as you get early entry into the park and free fast tickets for all rides.

This.
Did it in the Hard Rock which was more pricey but glad I did it. Took full advantage of the early entries on both days of the one-night stay. Got most the major stuff at the Harry Potter nits done before crowds started.

Über taxi to universal.

This!
Disney hotels have shuttles to parks every 5 minutes. And they all have their own pools and stuff if you want a lazy day.

We taxi'd it to universal and it was no more than $30! Same with iDrive & the malls.

We're looking at going again next august for our honeymoon. Haven't been in august before, heard the weather can be a bit dodgy.

Looking at a 14 day pass, villa and car hire. Others saying that you can get good deals by keep moving hotels etc. What's the best way to do it?

Get a villa. Staying in a hotel for 14 days in one room with the family is a nightmare.

I never bought the passes I just went where I wanted. The pass can end up driving the holiday although it can save a few $$.

Car hire - use comparison sites. Alamo, Dollar, Budget have all been good when I've used them.

We're looking at going again next august for our honeymoon. Haven't been in august before, heard the weather can be a bit dodgy.

No different to any other time of year in my experience. There's always the threat of an afternoon shower in the summer.

Get a villa. Staying in a hotel for 14 days in one room with the family is a nightmare.

I never bought the passes I just went where I wanted. The pass can end up driving the holiday although it can save a few $$.

Car hire - use comparison sites. Alamo, Dollar, Budget have all been good when I've used them.

No different to any other time of year in my experience. There's always the threat of an afternoon shower in the summer.

Aye we'd heard there was more chance of rain. Suppose that's the case anytime in the summer though

This.
Did it in the Hard Rock which was more pricey but glad I did it. Took full advantage of the early entries on both days of the one-night stay. Got most the major stuff at the Harry Potter nits done before crowds started.
We did a night at the RPR. It was great as we just hopped on the water taxi back to the hotel pool mid afternoon to cool off before heading back to the parks after tea.

Villa far better IMO, unless you want to spend most of the time at Disney, in which case you may as well just stay at Disney if you can afford it. A lad from work is staying at Disney and they're renovating while he's there so they've given him $3000 free spending money for in the parks.

Think we got a three day hopper for Disney when we went, enough for us, but we only had one young child with us. Spent the rest of the time in other parks and traveling around, night in Miami etc. Was canny.

Reactions: PTR
Villa far better IMO, unless you want to spend most of the time at Disney, in which case you may as well just stay at Disney if you can afford it. A lad from work is staying at Disney and they're renovating while he's there so they've given him $3000 free spending money for in the parks.

Think we got a three day hopper for Disney when we went, enough for us, but we only had one young child with us. Spent the rest of the time in other parks and traveling around, night in Miami etc. Was canny.

Disney is worth it when the free dining is on as scran is very expensive now.

We are doing a split stay this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back