Florida Disney Advice

Runs April - November ish. Prices have jumped a load.

Agh right. So the free dining will still be an option if I book flights later this year. Champion. Cheers.

I've no idea what it used to cost in all honesty, but only natural that the prices have jumped because the we get far less $ for the £ at the moment. I have always done a Villa in the past, and would fully intend to do that next year as well if we go, but having had a night at the Hard Rock previously I was going to investigate having a night or two onsite at Disney and Universal possibly "bookend-ing" a Villa stay.

Hopefully it would wipe out the matched betting bank by the time I look to book it!! :)

Agh right. So the free dining will still be an option if I book flights later this year. Champion. Cheers.

I've no idea what it used to cost in all honesty, but only natural that the prices have jumped because the we get far less $ for the £ at the moment. I have always done a Villa in the past, and would fully intend to do that next year as well if we go, but having had a night at the Hard Rock previously I was going to investigate having a night or two onsite at Disney and Universal possibly "bookend-ing" a Villa stay.

Hopefully it would wipe out the matched betting bank by the time I look to book it!! :)

Minimum of 5 nights to get the dining plan.

Glad I found this thread, I was toying with the idea of just using Uber as I’m staying onsite but was a bit unsure.
People on the dibb website were giving conflicting opinions, Smb to the rescue :D

Just booked port Orleans(no car) for feb 2019, I last went in 2002 ish, can’t wait :cool:

Glad I found this thread, I was toying with the idea of just using Uber as I’m staying onsite but was a bit unsure.
People on the dibb website were giving conflicting opinions, Smb to the rescue :D

Just booked port Orleans(no car) for feb 2019, I last went in 2002 ish, can’t wait :cool:

stayed in port orleans for a couple of nights in 2016 very nice hotel. Feb is a good time to go, everywhere should be relatively quiet.

stayed in port orleans for a couple of nights in 2016 very nice hotel. Feb is a good time to go, everywhere should be relatively quiet.

I stayed in Kissimmee and I-Drive when took my son 15 and 20 years ago. I’m 50 now with a (surprise) 10 year old daughter so this may be my last chance to watch a child enjoy that disney magic for the first time.

Plus I’m a big kid who has always wanted to stay in one of their hotels

Sorry if seb( cannot be bothered to read all posts) but if you can afford too stay in mid range on site disney hotel...u wont regret it...my best family holiday ever..you get the disney experience in park and when you return to your hotel...disney know how to treat their guests..when you return on a night nowt better than lying on grass outside on towels watching disney film on huge outsgreaide screen with a pizza brought to you...( with a cold one!)...extra hours in park as a guest staying in disney hotel was great too..as was fast disneyy bus into park...wish i had dosh to stay in top hotel but mid range one was still great....enjoy you will love it

I stayed in Kissimmee and I-Drive when took my son 15 and 20 years ago. I’m 50 now with a (surprise) 10 year old daughter so this may be my last chance to watch a child enjoy that disney magic for the first time.

Plus I’m a big kid who has always wanted to stay in one of their hotels

She'll love it. I stayed there for a couple of days followed by moving to a villa for the rest. Totally depends on what your plans are for the holiday and what you want out of it to what is going to suit you the best. Since your staying at a disney hotel the biggest piece of advise i can give you is fast pass the flight of passage at animal kingdom as soon as it is available 60 days before you go. People staying at the hotels can book them 60 days vs 30 days for those not staying on site. That ride plus whatever else comes out between now and then is well worth getting those fast passes booked in as early as you can.

Sorry if seb( cannot be bothered to read all posts) but if you can afford too stay in mid range on site disney hotel...u wont regret it...my best family holiday ever..you get the disney experience in park and when you return to your hotel...disney know how to treat their guests..when you return on a night nowt better than lying on grass outside on towels watching disney film on huge outsgreaide screen with a pizza brought to you...( with a cold one!)...extra hours in park as a guest staying in disney hotel was great too..as was fast disneyy bus into park...wish i had dosh to stay in top hotel but mid range one was still great....enjoy you will love it
The only real difference between the moderate resorts and the deluxe, is that all the deluxe are next to one of the parks. So Magic Kingdom has Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Polyneasian. Epcot/Hollywood Studios has Boardwalk, Yacht and Beachclub. Animal Kingdom has the Lodge.
Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are officially Vacation club resorts, but are next to Disney Springs.

She'll love it. I stayed there for a couple of days followed by moving to a villa for the rest. Totally depends on what your plans are for the holiday and what you want out of it to what is going to suit you the best. Since your staying at a disney hotel the biggest piece of advise i can give you is fast pass the flight of passage at animal kingdom as soon as it is available 60 days before you go. People staying at the hotels can book them 60 days vs 30 days for those not staying on site. That ride plus whatever else comes out between now and then is well worth getting those fast passes booked in as early as you can.
The new Toy Story land at Hollywood Studios will be open so those rides will become the new hard to get.

The only real difference between the moderate resorts and the deluxe, is that all the deluxe are next to one of the parks. So Magic Kingdom has Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Polyneasian. Epcot/Hollywood Studios has Boardwalk, Yacht and Beachclub. Animal Kingdom has the Lodge.
Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are officially Vacation club resorts, but are next to Disney Springs.

The new Toy Story land at Hollywood Studios will be open so those rides will become the new hard to get.
It's not the only difference mind.

Port Orleans is a great resort, she’ll love it

Back