Flight delays

Parents sat on the tarmac at Manchester airport for over 6 hours before the flight being cancelled.

Got quite a bit of money back from memory, but some company did it on their behalf and took their cut of course

I've been on moneysupermarket for some free advice. Sounds like I need to do it myself and then get a third party involved if the don't cough up.

I've been on moneysupermarket for some free advice. Sounds like I need to do it myself and then get a third party involved if the don't cough up.
They never claimed for years as they didn't know it was even an option.

Company rang them a few years after the event and said they'd do it all for them, as they only had a few weeks left to claim

My brother got 350euro each (2) for a recent delay ,holiday was less than that
I'm surprised people arnt booking cheap holidays then using drones to purposely make the plane late, would be a canny little earner..

If its a Sunwings plane leased by Tui it was delayed leaving Aberdeen this morning. No idea why but it doesn't look weather related as other flights took off no problem around the same time. There's a message on the PPRuNe forums saying it was diverted to Edinburgh but Flightradar doesn't agree. BTW the plane is just south of Dubrovnik. C-FFPH is the panes registration if you want to track it on Flightradar.

Update - The plane was due into Aberdeen at 03:25 from Dalaman this morning but was diverted to Edinburgh. It then flew from Edinburgh to Aberdeen later in the morning arriving in Aberdeen at around 10:00. It was supposed to depart Aberdeen for Corfu at 06:00. Still no idea why it was diverted.

There was fog in Aberdeen in the early hours of the morning.
So I would suggest that is why the plane couldn't land there, and it landed in Edinburgh instead.

We got bumped off a return flight from Gibraltar that was full and were moved to another flight 4 hours later - exactly same route and everything. We were given £300 each for our inconvenience (cash in hand) and sat in the sunshine for the next three hours in the outdoor airport lounge drinking beer - was great.

If its a Sunwings plane leased by Tui it was delayed leaving Aberdeen this morning. No idea why but it doesn't look weather related as other flights took off no problem around the same time. There's a message on the PPRuNe forums saying it was diverted to Edinburgh but Flightradar doesn't agree. BTW the plane is just south of Dubrovnik. C-FFPH is the panes registration if you want to track it on Flightradar.

Update - The plane was due into Aberdeen at 03:25 from Dalaman this morning but was diverted to Edinburgh. It then flew from Edinburgh to Aberdeen later in the morning arriving in Aberdeen at around 10:00. It was supposed to depart Aberdeen for Corfu at 06:00. Still no idea why it was diverted.
Aberdeen airport staff are striking today I think

write to airline with a polite letter requesting EU flight delay compensation under EU law (use a template letter, there are plenty on the internet), for each member of your party. If they refuse, request them to provide details of the reason for refusal. Doesn't look like weather can be a factor so unless the plane was diverted for a medical emergency or something similar earlier in the day cannot see what possible grounds they can have. If they still refuse you can either take them to the small claims court, or go through one of the on line lawyers who do it for a cut. I used Bott & Co. a few years ago when Thomas Cook were playing silly buggers and refusing to pay cost us about 20% of the compensation but worth it

I'm sitting on a Sunwing plane now. We flew out on TUI. They mentioned fog in Aberdeen.

The pilot (Yank or Canadian) and staff all seem foreign (European) which is odd as they're normally Brits from up our way?

The plot thickens...

Hope your home before September cos I'm going there. Same flight back but going 11 nights
Since the Germans have took over the management of thomsons. Came back few weeks ago and trIlley dolled were so far up themselves they were at 40000 ft while we were at 37000

I'm sitting on a Sunwing plane now. We flew out on TUI. They mentioned fog in Aberdeen.

The pilot (Yank or Canadian) and staff all seem foreign (European) which is odd as they're normally Brits for up our way?

The plot thickens...

My mate (Canadian) is a captain for Tui based at Newcastle. It's not him as he flew to Naples for a holiday today. If I remember I'll ask him about the delay when he gets back.

Back