Flight delays

The plane landed exactly 5 hours 39 minutes late according to a link I found online.

The fact that bad weather did not affect your departure or arrival airports strengthens your claim in this case.

Just for the record also, the delay time is measured up to the point when the aircraft doors are opened, not when it lands on the tarmac.

I'm currently sat in Corfu Airport with the wife when we should be already home. The flight is now due to leave at 18.10 which is 5 hours and 35 minutes late.

They said when we got to the airport just after 10AM that it was down to weather. However, flights to Leeds / Bradford, Donny / Sheffield, Edinburgh and others have all came and gone with less than an hours delay. Typically they were 10 to 15 minutes late but I think that was due to awful queues here. There doesn't seem to be any issue anywhere else in the UK with weather?

Online it suggests we could be due up to €400 each for over a 3 hour delay of a flight more than 1,500KM. However, they might be able to wriggle out of paying it if it is an act of God rather than mechinals etc. That sort of money is a free holiday so it would be most welcome :)

How do I find out what caused this delay? I plan to quiz the trolley dollys but apart from that I don't know how you would find out?

Cheers K.
:lol::lol::lol:

Update:

I was turned down flat by TUI. They quoted the EU ruling saying a flight delay due to weather at departure or arrival airport or anywhere in between isn't covered.

I pointed out that this didn't cover my case as the delay was on a previous flight totally unconnected with mine. TUI then completely ignored my emails. I asked them twice to confirm this was their final decision so I could appeal to CEDR, nothing.

I had to wait 8 weeks from first contacting TUI to get the case started with CEDR which was 3 weeks ago. We went to and fro a bit with me providing more info but we got there in the end.

I have just received a response from CEDR:

'CEDR completed the initial assessment and concluded that this application falls within the scope of the Scheme as per Rule 4.1.1.'

I take this to mean they agree I am due compensation. They have given TUI until 10/10 to respond.

I'm currently sat in Corfu Airport with the wife when we should be already home. The flight is now due to leave at 18.10 which is 5 hours and 35 minutes late.

They said when we got to the airport just after 10AM that it was down to weather. However, flights to Leeds / Bradford, Donny / Sheffield, Edinburgh and others have all came and gone with less than an hours delay. Typically they were 10 to 15 minutes late but I think that was due to awful queues here. There doesn't seem to be any issue anywhere else in the UK with weather?

Online it suggests we could be due up to €400 each for over a 3 hour delay of a flight more than 1,500KM. However, they might be able to wriggle out of paying it if it is an act of God rather than mechinals etc. That sort of money is a free holiday so it would be most welcome :)

How do I find out what caused this delay? I plan to quiz the trolley dollys but apart from that I don't know how you would find out?

Cheers K.

Fridays are notoriously bad at Corfu, avoid at all costs

It was very busy. It took us about an hour to check in but only one flight was delayed more than 30 minutes...
It's because it's cruise turnover day for Tui. Start and end in Corfu on a Friday, so it's over 1500 extra passengers and the airport isn't the biggest as it is lol

We've had a couple of beers. I got an email on the coach to say we were delayed 3 and a half hours (to start with). I had my eye out for places just before we got to the airport. The rep suggested we queue outside the airport! I said I'll be spending the next couple of hours in a restaurant 500 yards away much to her annoyance :)

We had nearly 6 hours to kill which has now turned into 8. Smart move by moi! We had 4 drinks, a couple of sandwiches and chips for just under €17. We were sat in the shade watching the world go by. We got a couple of cards in the airport with €8 on each. For that I got a hot dog, a bag of crisps and 2 drinks and it was the same cash. I had to stump an extra few cents. Very tight by the airline IMO.
I got delayed at Gatwick for over 24 hours. They put us all in a hotel nearby and supplied dinner. It wasn’t a menu, it was a chicken dinner with one of them snack pack yogurts. One lass said she was a vegetarian so they gave her a sandwich :lol: that was dinner

It's because it's cruise turnover day for Tui. Start and end in Corfu on a Friday, so it's over 1500 extra passengers and the airport isn't the biggest as it is lol
I'm on that very thing at the moment. Transferring off the ship tomorrow for another week in Corfu. Looks like we will have to run the gauntlet next Friday then. Had an almost 2 hour delay coming out. An hour of it after we had pushed back from the gate at Gatwick. This was after they changed airlines almost at the last minute too. Flew out with Albastarr instead of Norwegian. Tomorrow looks interesting when we transfer to the hotels.

I'm on that very thing at the moment. Transferring off the ship tomorrow for another week in Corfu. Looks like we will have to run the gauntlet next Friday then. Had an almost 2 hour delay coming out. An hour of it after we had pushed back from the gate at Gatwick. This was after they changed airlines almost at the last minute too. Flew out with Albastarr instead of Norwegian. Tomorrow looks interesting when we transfer to the hotels.

Good luck! My mam and dad have done it a few times but now if they're just staying in Corfu they avoid Friday flights altogether

Update:

I was turned down flat by TUI. They quoted the EU ruling saying a flight delay due to weather at departure or arrival airport or anywhere in between isn't covered.

I pointed out that this didn't cover my case as the delay was on a previous flight totally unconnected with mine. TUI then completely ignored my emails. I asked them twice to confirm this was their final decision so I could appeal to CEDR, nothing.

I had to wait 8 weeks from first contacting TUI to get the case started with CEDR which was 3 weeks ago. We went to and fro a bit with me providing more info but we got there in the end.

I have just received a response from CEDR:

'CEDR completed the initial assessment and concluded that this application falls within the scope of the Scheme as per Rule 4.1.1.'

I take this to mean they agree I am due compensation. They have given TUI until 10/10 to respond.

Sounds like they are stalling until 1/11 when we will no longer be subject to EU rulings ;)

Sounds like they are stalling until 1/11 when we will no longer be subject to EU rulings ;)

TUI are twats. They emailed the day after my case was opened by CEDR to say they'd already replied to me!?

I sent a snotty email back saying I had disagreed with their previous correspondence and that they had ignored my request for a written final answer. Arseholes.

Back