Flight delays

Or it was the only one from Aberdeen which was the only place fogbound ?

No, it’s definable a conspiracy against the OP, they even put eastern european flight crew on board

It does because there seems to be one plane only hampered by fog?

Maybe that was the only plane flying from that airport? That may have then had a cumulative impact on the rest of the days operations such as take off slots, air traffic, crew hours etc.

Your flight has been delayed, get over it.

Last edited:

No, it’s definable a conspiracy against the OP, they even put eastern european flight crew on board

Maybe that was the only plane flying from that airport? That may have then had a cumulative impact on the rest of the days operations such as take off slots, air traffic, crew hours etc.

Your flight has been delayed, get over it.

Eastern Europeans?

Stop getting all aggressive, keep that for your day job.

All I'm bothered about is the cash for the inconvenience. Who would turn down €800? It could have been a lot worse, no plans for this afternoon and no work until Monday.

Eastern Europeans?

Stop getting all aggressive, keep that for your day job.

All I'm bothered about is the cash for the inconvenience. Who would turn down €800? It could have been a lot worse, no plans for this afternoon and no work until Monday.
£800 for the inconvenience

I had a search online and all told the flight landed 5 hours 39 minutes late (screen shot saved). I have filled in the form on the TUI website and you get an email re: their decision. Fingers crossed...

Unlikely to get anything for the fog as it's out of the control of the airline. I had TUI compensation within a few weeks after using their online form though, didn't hear anything until a cheque landed in the post.

I had a search online and all told the flight landed 5 hours 39 minutes late (screen shot saved). I have filled in the form on the TUI website and you get an email re: their decision. Fingers crossed...

Spoke to my mate and he says you shouldn't have a problem getting compensation as they're responsible for the delay not the weather.

The weather was only responsible for the Dalaman-Aberdeen flight and not your delay.

Last edited:
Imagine sitting next to a bloke on a flight while he is quizzing the lasses about his delay compensation while they are trying to serve out the shit ready meals.

That sounds like the definition of hell.

Spoke to my mate and he says you shouldn't have a problem getting compensation as they're responsible for the delay not the weather.

Great stuff. Their story didn't seem to tally and a bit fog doesn't cause a 5 and a half hour delay unless other logistics come into it.

I've already shortlisted a couple of 4 day breaks to Greece again and 1 for Portugal for mid September :)

Imagine sitting next to a bloke on a flight while he is quizzing the lasses about his delay compensation while they are trying to serve out the shit ready meals.

That sounds like the definition of hell.

I didn't speak to them at all about the delay thanks.

They were asked by a passenger in front of me on the way up the stairs so we could just earwig the reply. He demanded a full explanation when he got off but I wasn't around for that :)

Last edited:
Booked with 1st choice for sept and they gave me £100 for nx summer on first choice website
Tried iton the Thomson site and it worked as its same company.Well pleased. £100 off £100 deposit and rest of the year to pay for it

Hate when flights are delayed.
Just flown overnight from Shanghai and bang on time landing at 6:00am straight through customs and home for 8,00am. Heathrow.
Slept for 8 hours on the plane which is a record for me.

Bit late but there were no delays at Leeds yesterday. I overlook the runway and the Jet2 and Ryanairs were coming and going.

Edit...sorry mis read. You said small delays out to Yorkshire.

Last edited:
You will probably struggle to get compensation, but absolutely nothing to lose by trying for it.

It looks like the previous flight with that aircraft was diverted and delayed by fog (weather), so all the airline then has to do is show that they took all reasonable measures to ensure that your flight wasn't delayed. 5 hours or so is probably shorter than it would take them so source another aircraft and crew, so using the same (delayed) aircraft was probably reasonable.

Good luck though!

All looks good to me from what I can see on the link above:

Can I claim if the plane I was due to fly on was late arriving from its previous destination?

To be honest, we're not 100% sure whether you can claim for compensation as the law isn't specific enough to cover this scenario.

The CAA says these type of decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.

A case heard at Macclesfield County Court in September 2013 may strengthen your right to claim in this scenario. A judge ruled in favour of a passenger whose Easyjet flight from Gatwick was delayed after the aircraft was held up following bad weather on an earlier flight. The judge said the airline couldn't demonstrate it had done everything it its power to prevent the delay.

While the case outlined above isn't binding as it was heard at a county court, it's still worth making a claim and citing it as an example. Why should you be penalised if the airline chose a tight turnaround time, meaning more chance of it suffering delays? If nothing else, it will help set a precedent.

I don't think they did everything in their power. They could have taken the passengers to Aberdeen on coaches and flew to Corfu from Edinburgh instead. They chose to fly to Aberdeen later and from what the captain said on the flight had to draft in more crew. Maybe they had ran out of flying time? Bottom line is they had a minor issue that they allowed to escalate to a near 6 hour delay.

All looks good to me from what I can see on the link above:

Can I claim if the plane I was due to fly on was late arriving from its previous destination?

To be honest, we're not 100% sure whether you can claim for compensation as the law isn't specific enough to cover this scenario.

The CAA says these type of decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.

A case heard at Macclesfield County Court in September 2013 may strengthen your right to claim in this scenario. A judge ruled in favour of a passenger whose Easyjet flight from Gatwick was delayed after the aircraft was held up following bad weather on an earlier flight. The judge said the airline couldn't demonstrate it had done everything it its power to prevent the delay.

While the case outlined above isn't binding as it was heard at a county court, it's still worth making a claim and citing it as an example. Why should you be penalised if the airline chose a tight turnaround time, meaning more chance of it suffering delays? If nothing else, it will help set a precedent.

I don't think they did everything in their power. They could have taken the passengers to Aberdeen on coaches and flew to Corfu from Edinburgh instead. They chose to fly to Aberdeen later and from what the captain said on the flight had to draft in more crew. Maybe they had ran out of flying time? Bottom line is they had a minor issue that they allowed to escalate to a near 6 hour delay.

Just clarify to us again what your experience of airport or airline operations management is?

Back