Flight delays

TUI are twats. They emailed the day after my case was opened by CEDR to say they'd already replied to me!?

I sent a snotty email back saying I had disagreed with their previous correspondence and that they had ignored my request for a written final answer. Arseholes.

I had very similar experiences dealing with the Energy Ombudsman and Avro Energy recently - they denied they had received correspondence from me (fortunately I had an acknowledgment email to send to the Ombudsman to prove they had) and claimed they had written letters and issued refunds to me when I had received nothing.

Everything regarding Ombudsman replies etc was left to the very last date they were allowed to respond on, as was the payment and apology which they had to send to me after the ombudsman's final decision. They also managed to tell lies in their replies to the Ombudsman which of course if you correct this and update the case gives them another delay for a chance to respond to your update!

Smashed it!

Just got the final decision off the mediators CEDR. Claim accepted in full, TUI to pay €800 or £690 within 28 days :)

They sent a 25 page PDF outlining their case.

I sent a 3 paragraph reply to destroy their case.

Weather off a previous flight not relevant.

They said they couldn't fly a spare plane as it needed to fly from Aberdeen and their spare planes are in Manchester or Gatwick. I said they were flying an empty plane (TUI don't do flights to Corfu from Aberdeen, I went online to try to book one to find out) so it didn't matter where the flight started.

They ferried passengers to Aberdeen and flew the crew there. I said why did they the not bus next crew down to Edinburgh?

They made decisions based on their own operational reasons not for the good of the passengers.

Happy days.

Smashed it!

Just got the final decision off the mediators CEDR. Claim accepted in full, TUI to pay €800 or £690 within 28 days :)

They sent about a 50 page PDF outlining their case.

I sent about a 3 sentence reply to destroy their case.

They said they couldn't fly a spare plane as it needed to fly from Aberdeen and their spare planes are in Manchester or Gatwick. I said they were flying an empty plane (TUI don't do flights to Corfu from Aberdeen, I went online to try to book one to find out) so it didn't matter where the flight started.

They ferried passengers to Aberdeen and flew crew there. I said why they the not bus next crew down to Edinburgh?

I said they made decisions based on their own operational reasons not for the good of the passengers.

Happy days.
why do they lie...... :lol:
all that effort to get battered in 3 sentences.....nice work :cool:

Smashed it!

They sent about a 50 page PDF outlining their case.

I sent about a 3 sentence reply to destroy their case.

They ferried passengers to Aberdeen and flew crew there. I said why they the not bus next crew down to Edinburgh?

I said they made decisions based on their own operational reasons not for the good of the passengers.

Happy days.

EU legislation mate, they won't need to pay it because we will be out in less than 28 days ;)

why do they lie...... :lol:
all that effort to get battered in 3 sentences.....nice work :cool:

My exact reply was this:

I do not accept their defence, they are again referring to delays on a previous flight. The directive is clear, weather delays only relate to departure or arrival airport and anywhere in between. The delay was off a previous flight separate from my own.

They ferried passengers to Aberdeen, why did they not ferry a crew to Edinburgh? They chose to fly with an empty plane, that was their choice and caused the avoidable 5 hour delay.

Also, I believe they flew an empty plane from Aberdeen to Corfu. That negates their choice not to use a spare plane which could have flown from any UK airport (Gatwick or Manchester to use their example).

About 3 weeks ago we came back with tui crew from edinburgh on a canadian sunwings plane
Annoncement en anglais and francais
And it was 2 hrs late. Fuming
French Canadian nowt worse

My exact reply was this:

I do not accept their defence, they are again referring to delays on a previous flight. The directive is clear, weather delays only relate to departure or arrival airport and anywhere in between. The delay was off a previous flight separate from my own.

They ferried passengers to Aberdeen, why did they not ferry a crew to Edinburgh? They chose to fly with an empty plane, that was their choice and caused the avoidable 5 hour delay.

Also, I believe they flew an empty plane from Aberdeen to Corfu. That negates their choice not to use a spare plane which could have flown from any UK airport (Gatwick or Manchester to use their example).
Mic drop.....

Smashed it!

They sent a 25 page PDF outlining their case.

I sent a 3 paragraph reply to destroy their case.

They ferried passengers to Aberdeen and flew the crew there. I said why did they the not bus next crew down to Edinburgh?

They made decisions based on their own operational reasons not for the good of the passengers.

Happy days.

There was a flight to Aberdeen mind when we were there 3 weeks ago

Not with TUI. It looks like there is flights but there is no availability on any dates.

It was a TUI operated flight but may have been with another airline on their behalf. I helped a couple of old dears out with their luggage who were going for it. To be fair I didn't see who the operator was.

My exact reply was this:

I’ve just sent this to the factory manager as he was on the same flight and got turned down for compo.

Back