Flight delays

Keith S30S

Inside right
Staff member
I'm currently sat in Corfu Airport with the wife when we should be already home. The flight is now due to leave at 18.10 which is 5 hours and 35 minutes late.

They said when we got to the airport just after 10AM that it was down to weather. However, flights to Leeds / Bradford, Donny / Sheffield, Edinburgh and others have all came and gone with less than an hours delay. Typically they were 10 to 15 minutes late but I think that was due to awful queues here. There doesn't seem to be any issue anywhere else in the UK with weather?

Online it suggests we could be due up to €400 each for over a 3 hour delay of a flight more than 1,500KM. However, they might be able to wriggle out of paying it if it is an act of God rather than mechinals etc. That sort of money is a free holiday so it would be most welcome :)

How do I find out what caused this delay? I plan to quiz the trolley dollys but apart from that I don't know how you would find out?

Cheers K.

If its a Sunwings plane leased by Tui it was delayed leaving Aberdeen this morning. No idea why but it doesn't look weather related as other flights took off no problem around the same time. There's a message on the PPRuNe forums saying it was diverted to Edinburgh but Flightradar doesn't agree. BTW the plane is just south of Dubrovnik. C-FFPH is the panes registration if you want to track it on Flightradar.

Update - The plane was due into Aberdeen at 03:25 from Dalaman this morning but was diverted to Edinburgh. It then flew from Edinburgh to Aberdeen later in the morning arriving in Aberdeen at around 10:00. It was supposed to depart Aberdeen for Corfu at 06:00. Still no idea why it was diverted.

Last edited:
I'm currently sat in Corfu Airport with the wife when we should be already home. The flight is now due to leave at 18.10 which is 5 hours and 35 minutes late.

They said when we got to the airport just after 10AM that it was down to weather. However, flights to Leeds / Bradford, Donny / Sheffield, Edinburgh and others have all came and gone with less than an hours delay. Typically they were 10 to 15 minutes late but I think that was due to awful queues here. There doesn't seem to be any issue anywhere else in the UK with weather?

Online it suggests we could be due up to €400 each for over a 3 hour delay of a flight more than 1,500KM. However, they might be able to wriggle out of paying it if it is an act of God rather than mechinals etc. That sort of money is a free holiday so it would be most welcome :)

How do I find out what caused this delay? I plan to quiz the trolley dollys but apart from that I don't know how you would find out?

Cheers K.
Write to them and ask

Enjoy your extended stay with a few beers. Don't pester the lasses. They're not there for that

We've had a couple of beers. I got an email on the coach to say we were delayed 3 and a half hours (to start with). I had my eye out for places just before we got to the airport. The rep suggested we queue outside the airport! I said I'll be spending the next couple of hours in a restaurant 500 yards away much to her annoyance :)

We had nearly 6 hours to kill which has now turned into 8. Smart move by moi! We had 4 drinks, a couple of sandwiches and chips for just under €17. We were sat in the shade watching the world go by. We got a couple of cards in the airport with €8 on each. For that I got a hot dog, a bag of crisps and 2 drinks and it was the same cash. I had to stump an extra few cents. Very tight by the airline IMO.

Cheers K.
Flying back to Leeds/Bradford in a few hours. What's up with the weather?

I claimed for the flight delay compo and they fucked me off for over 6 months so I used a no win no fee mob and had the cash about 6 weeks later.

Parents sat on the tarmac at Manchester airport for over 6 hours before the flight being cancelled.

Got quite a bit of money back from memory, but some company did it on their behalf and took their cut of course

Back