First time buyer - house viewing

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much are you offering under the asking?

A few thousand over 25/30/35 years isn’t much in the grand scheme of things to get the house you want.

A lass at work recently took out a 40 year mortgage. Pretty much the new interest only like.

A lass at work recently took out a 40 year mortgage. Pretty much the new interest only like.

I took out a 35 year one when we bought for the first time last year.

If you’re mid twenties it only takes you up to 60. State pension age will be 70+!

Last edited:
I took out a 35 year one when we bought for the first time last year.

If you’re mid twenties it only takes you up to 60. State pension age will be 70+!

Canny depressing thought like, but aye, I get your point. I took out a 30 year one when I was 30.

Canny depressing thought like, but aye, I get your point. I took out a 30 year one when I was 30.
We bumped ours out til we're late 50's but with the option of overpaying. Suits us, although I'd rather be without a mortgage!

Im viewing a house tomorrow, and probably a number of others in the coming weeks. What sort of things do I need to be asking the owners/what should I look out for?

Obviously things like; has anyone been murdered here? Is it haunted? Do the neighbours buck really loudly every night? (It’s a terraced house) Etc’ etc’.

where you looking to move to,

Doesn't really mean much. Most people's earnings and situations change as they get older.

Doesn't really mean much to have a long and high mortgage when young as long as you can afford the repayments

Thowt you were moving to The Riviera?

@Wilfy chuck his application in the bin (keep the cash though)

Undecided mate. ;)

It'll depend on when she (no) finally finishes being a student. I was talking about a lass from work not me btw.

Doesn't really mean much. Most people's earnings and situations change as they get older.

Doesn't really mean much to have a long and high mortgage when young as long as you can afford the repayments

I know mate, my 30 year mortgage I took out 10 years ago should be paid off soon enough - it was a meaningless term which only served to give me more flexibility if the shit hit the fan.

Undecided mate. ;)

It'll depend on when she (no) finally finishes being a student.

Exactly. Ours will be cleared if/when things change. The term is pretty irrelevant

I know mate, my 30 year mortgage I took out 10 years ago should be paid off soon enough - it was a meaningless term which only served to give me more flexibility if the shit hit the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back