Films that were lauded when they came out but turns out they were absolute shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone With The Wind, tried watching for the first time recently and just four hours of mind numbing boredom!
Blade Runner.
2001: A Space Odyssey
I have to agree with @Dark Traveller regarding all of the Monty Python films and A Fish Called Wanda.
Plus the majority of films with John Wayne.

The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
I like the Last Jedi. It's flawed but at least he tried something different. Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker were just pandering to the base, toy sales.
Midsommer. Soporific. Poor Wicker Man rip off, even the nubile Scandinavians can't save it.

Last edited:
I like the Last Jedi. It's flawed but at least he tried something different. Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker were just pandering to the base, toy sales.
Midsommer. Soporific. Poor Wicker Man rip off, even the nubile Scandinavians can't save it.
It absolutely killed the franchise.

The Force Awakens was a fan service but at least it set a few things up that they could have built on. The Last Jedi just fucked the whole thing.

Last edited:
I thought both of the Matrix sequels were total bollocks.
So did pretty much everyone else.

I’ll throw in ‘The Thin Red Line’
The entirety of male Hollywood falling over themselves to work with Malick for union scale wages and get shoe horned into a ton of cameo roles which don’t connect very well, to make a long, painfully long, beautifully shot story of absolute nothingness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back