Films that were lauded when they came out but turns out they were absolute shite

Dark Knight Trilogy - Completely poe faced, overtly serious versions of a grown man who dresses up as a bat at night. At least Tim Burton knew the inherent ridiculousness of the premise and played to it. And Christian Bale's phone sex pervert voice as batman is risible.
Bang on here.

Three films banging on about being a SHYMBUL.

Last edited:
American Beauty has aged absolutely f***ing horribly.

Any cash driven franchise automatically qualifies.

The departed, thought it was long and boring.
The Irishman, heard great stuff and again...long and boring
Scorsese could film paint drying, cast Robert De Niro to watch it, and people would go nuts for it. The Irishman was bang average at best.

Did think The Departed was canny, though.

American Beauty has aged absolutely f***ing horribly.

Any cash driven franchise automatically qualifies.

Scorsese could film paint drying, cast Robert De Niro to watch it, and people would go nuts for it. The Irishman was bang average at best.

Did think The Departed was canny, though.

A good call sir. Awful.

Mother!

What a terrible, terrible film. It is the only time I've seen a movie in the cinema when people have walked out, and when people have stopped taking the film seriously.

I'm sure for some it was a serious social commentary on religion but it was f***ing terrible.

People saying Gladiator :lol:
Absolute borefest. TBF I did use the disclaimer that I feel like I’m alone in that.

I remember when I came out of the cinema, I turned to my mates and said something like “that was 2 hours I’ll never get back” and they all looked at me as if I had 2 heads and said it was class. I was forced to watch it again once when it came out on DVD and it still bored me senseless.

Absolute borefest. TBF I did use the disclaimer that I feel like I’m alone in that.

I remember when I came out of the cinema, I turned to my mates and said something like “that was 2 hours I’ll never get back” and they all looked at me as if I had 2 heads and said it was class. I was forced to watch it again once when it came out on DVD and it still bored me senseless.

Someone has to be the contrarian.
How about this one? All that talk of how they used a 'de-ageing' process to make the cast look younger, but it's for nothing if you still move like you're pushing 80.

I really enjoyed The Irishman but this scene was hilarious.

Missed opportunity if they didn't respond with "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

Back