Fifa 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolutely shit like. I was 8th in the league with us at Xmas, expected to finish midtable, I beat Everton 1-0 on boxing day to go within 4 points of 3rd. I got sacked. It also seems after 1 defeat your players turn into donkeys/ the oppositions keepers turn into an octopus. After every defeat i've went on a 3-4 game winless streak. Usually because the opposition seem capable of scoring from anywhere and my players become incapable of passing or shooting.

Jesus, I was 16th most of the season.

Jesus, I was 16th most of the season.
How the fuck did I get sacked then? Ended up at Palace and I've got them in 17th about 2 points off the drop. They were about 7 clear when I took over. Started off with 2 wins. Won something like 1 of my next 8 after that.

How the fuck did I get sacked then? Ended up at Palace and I've got them in 17th about 2 points off the drop. They were about 7 clear when I took over. Started off with 2 wins. Won something like 1 of my next 8 after that.
Did you ban tomato sauce?

Still stick to my word that this game is the best ive seen from FIFA.

If they can patch the lobbed through balls and the amount of headed goals scored then it will be a great game. The speed is good, the player movement is much more realistic now, the people who complain about the game seem to be people who used to be good at it and struggle to adapt to this one and are poor at this one, probably the same people who used to run around sprinting all over and what not, best thing to do is to not even touch the sprint button unless you have plenty of space to do it.

Fuck knows I beat Man U, Chelsea and Swansea in my run in, otherwise I would have been around relegation.

Finished 11th still cant understand how you got sacked.

If they can patch the lobbed through balls and the amount of headed goals scored then it will be a great game. The speed is good, the player movement is much more realistic now, the people who complain about the game seem to be people who used to be good at it and struggle to adapt to this one and are poor at this one, probably the same people who used to run around sprinting all over and what not, best thing to do is to not even touch the sprint button unless you have plenty of space to do it.

The headed goals and finesse shots totally ruin the game. Goalkeepers parry absolutely everything as well.

If these get patched then happy days. I wish they'd hurry up.

Not too sure about manager mode with the scouting stuff. Wish there was an option to turn that on or off.

Only really play online really. Playing a lot with West Brom. Doing well

Fuck knows I beat Man U, Chelsea and Swansea in my run in, otherwise I would have been around relegation.

Finished 11th still cant understand how you got sacked.
I started a new season with SAFC and notched down the difficulty level down to professional. Still having the same problems of winless runs after one defeat. Played Villa twice either within about 5 games inbetween. They beat me 2-1 with their only 2 shots and 1-0 with their only shot in the 2nd game. Very annoying.

For me there's a more needs done to it even after patching the finesse shots and heading.

Players still randomly run into each other and when you change to a player say who's chasing a long ball over your defence, they just stop. Add to the fact pace still gets abused, it's definitely the most frustrating FIFA to date.

i rarely use sprint and like to build up play and i don't think it's as good as last year. i'm used to it now and the players still don't change direction quick enough and don't feel fully in control of the ball. some of the defending from crosses is a joke. the only thing they have got right is how shite westwood is

seems that those who use assisted controls have benefited this year. i am much better than one of mates and always have been but this year he has beat me 12 times to my 5. a few passes and he gets through and the inch perfect through balls are pathetic

Played a league game with the stokies.
Bicycle kick from crouch flew Past the mig early doors. Then had them all ower me with a load of close chances. Including hitting the post twice and a load of saves.
Penna for shite all, not sure I was even controlling the player who fouled. Saved that. They then managed to get the ball in the box. Keeper bends over to pick it up but suarez just walked through him and put it away for one each... Tyler spaffing all over at this great finish.

Won it last minute with a Walters header like so fuck them.

Quite like this new transfer scouting system however it takes too long to get a full report on any player, so I'm yet to even sign anyone and it's mid August. So even if you know a player, you can't be sure how they're rated overall.

Career thing is fucked up still, not sure gonna even do a season as Barca/Real/Man Utd will want to buy my player... Played about 5-6 games and got an England call up....Playing 2nd division football with Pompey. Aye....reet..

Any tips on headering? Bloke I made is a target man but hardly ever gets headers yet everyone on here is saying its piss :evil:

I'm Spurs and Barcelona have just signed 67 rated Harry Kane from me for £1m. :lol: He's 20 as well so it's not like he's going to massively grow.

Really liking this. For me the chances feel a lot more like you'd actually see at a match. Same with the way you can pile the pressure on the oppo too rather than the first clearance going to the AI and them breaking.

Scouting definitely takes too long and is shite unless you have top scouts. But I guess it'd be something you invest in over several seasons. Should give you more time before the window shuts though to assess all options. End up having to buy what you know or taking a punt. Nee bugger on loan or transfer list either barely

Just before Deadline day with me stoke team and I've only brought in a jorman rb and Charlie mulgrew.
2 mil each.

Really disappointed with this years effort. As others have said, it feels rushed, unfinished and nowhere near as much fun as 13.

Have EA said anything about releasing a patch?

The game is f***ing shit and anyone who says its good must be spamming the lobbed through balls and crosses.

The sooner the patch is out the better, fuck me it's bad.

Thinking about it more, if the xbox one is a completely different system to code on as the 360 (same for ps3 &4) then they've basically had to write double the amount of games this year (I bet the xb1 version is 99% code complete now). It's no wonder they haven't focused on the old legacy systems as much this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back