Fifa 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is f***ing shit and anyone who says its good must be spamming the lobbed through balls and crosses.

The sooner the patch is out the better, fuck me it's bad.

It's a lot more fun online than offline. My only real gripe (other than ridiculously OP headers and finesse) is players taking the ball off each other. It's annoying as fuck, last year if your player got in the way of your run you could get away with it, this year the player blocking your run takes the ball off you. :evil: It means you can't go too close to teammates because they end up tackling you. :lol: Anyone who has played coop will surely have noticed this.

Quite like this man marking option. Awful if your players having a mare though!
Andy Carroll was running Huth ragged. Thankfully begorvic on top form again in a 3 - 1away win.
Starting to really tell who has what attributes when you play different styles. Such as bombing forward to try and score.. It's utterly pointless having charlie Adam one of the further forward because he's a cart horse. Steven Ireland however will find space while Walters will make runs, really quite good when you aren't watching the player with the ball

Really disappointed with this years effort. As others have said, it feels rushed, unfinished and nowhere near as much fun as 13.

Have EA said anything about releasing a patch?

they need to release it ASAP like... very poor compared to Fifa13, although not as bad as initially thought after 5 hours of gameplay

This is the year they've removed any sense of fun. Playing seasons using the lads is so dull. Played division 9 last night and it was a chore, trees on skates move better than your players.. To be fair to ea they've got Adam Johnson spot on, f***ing useless.. Did get promoted tho:cool: last game beat Swansea 14-0, tho he kinda gave up after I scored the 3rd.[DOUBLEPOST=1381070276][/DOUBLEPOST]
Really disappointed with this years effort. As others have said, it feels rushed, unfinished and nowhere near as much fun as 13.

Have EA said anything about releasing a patch?
Patch is out on pc, so can't be far away for consoles. Early reports are that it plays a lot like 13.

This is the year they've removed any sense of fun. Playing seasons using the lads is so dull. Played division 9 last night and it was a chore, trees on skates move better than your players.. To be fair to ea they've got Adam Johnson spot on, f***ing useless.. Did get promoted tho:cool: last game beat Swansea 14-0, tho he kinda gave up after I scored the 3rd.[DOUBLEPOST=1381070276][/DOUBLEPOST]
Patch is out on pc, so can't be far away for consoles. Early reports are that it plays a lot like 13.

Finesse shots, headers from cross/corners, over the top through balls all been toned down.

This is alright online, offline is terrible though.
Dunno like, been playing on clubs online and i think its rubbish, every single player has the turning circle of a bus. Fair enough a big target man or centre back, but not an agile winger or forward. Also need to fix the goal kick issue, 9/10 the opposition win it in the air, straight on the attack.

Dunno like, been playing on clubs online and i think its rubbish, every single player has the turning circle of a bus. Fair enough a big target man or centre back, but not an agile winger or forward. Also need to fix the goal kick issue, 9/10 the opposition win it in the air, straight on the attack.

Kick it to the wings.

And stop sprinting, if you slow the game down then the skillful players shine.

Only ever play on career mode on this and obviously has it's drawbacks but I like it.

Signed Bendtner on a free transfer in the summer transfer window then sold him to Benfica in the January transfer window for £24.5M. Also sold Altidore for £15.5M to Real Madrid in the same window.
Bit unrealistic I thought

Only ever play on career mode on this and obviously has it's drawbacks but I like it.

Signed Bendtner on a free transfer in the summer transfer window then sold him to Benfica in the January transfer window for £24.5M. Also sold Altidore for £15.5M to Real Madrid in the same window.
Bit unrealistic I thought

I'll assume this is the summer after a season? Do the free transfers actually happen then?
Was pointless having a free transfer list on the last one

I'll assume this is the summer after a season? Do the free transfers actually happen then?
Was pointless having a free transfer list on the last one

Yeah i'm into the second season.
I've signed a few players on a "pre-contract" in the January and get them for free. Don't think they go onto the free transfer list at the end of the season though.

Both the transfer list and free transfer list are pointless though.

Not keen on it me, doesn't help that I'm shite at it. The new scouting/transfer system is shite anarl[DOUBLEPOST=1381319755][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone running it on pc? My pc's higher than the recommended, but i still get lag very often

Last edited:
Anyone had a problem online , when taking a free kick. I changed the kick taker and now nothing happens when I press any buttons, if I try and pause it says I can't as I don't have ball possession and the time is stuck. The lad I'm playing against online says his is doing the same

Not keen on it me, doesn't help that I'm shite at it. The new scouting/transfer system is shite anarl[DOUBLEPOST=1381319755][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone running it on pc? My pc's higher than the recommended, but i still get lag very often

Spot on for me on PC like. Then again my PC way exceeded the recommended requirements for the game :lol:

Spot on for me on PC like. Then again my PC way exceeded the recommended requirements for the game :lol:

well i thought it would run on mine good. can run most games on high to ultra quality, but this just on medium still jumps, seems to get very low fps

well i thought it would run on mine good. can run most games on high to ultra quality, but this just on medium still jumps, seems to get very low fps

Strange that. I play on Ultra at 1080p, 4X AA but I use the Lock to 60FPS setting as well as wait for Vsync. Stops the screen tearing.

Anyone had a problem online , when taking a free kick. I changed the kick taker and now nothing happens when I press any buttons, if I try and pause it says I can't as I don't have ball possession and the time is stuck. The lad I'm playing against online says his is doing the same

I've had that happen to me, on this and on fifa 13 in the past. Played some lad last night on seasons, paused the game to make substitutions and when it went to the squad select screen, it gave me his team to change and not mine. Thought about taking his keeper out and making a few other dodgy changes but then thought knowing my luck it would be my team I was changing. Tried pausing again and it was still the same!

I've had that happen to me, on this and on fifa 13 in the past. Played some lad last night on seasons, paused the game to make substitutions and when it went to the squad select screen, it gave me his team to change and not mine. Thought about taking his keeper out and making a few other dodgy changes but then thought knowing my luck it would be my team I was changing. Tried pausing again and it was still the same!
I managed to hang on the game longer so ended up winning as the other lad quit :cool:

Mine asked for an update today so hopefully they have fixed these bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back