Fifa 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldn't buy it if i was you like. one of the most annoying games ive ever played to be honest. worth waiting to see what the xbox one version is like as its supposed to be a completely differant game

Righteo.
Good to hear. Will give me summit to do tonight anyway. The season mode any good?

Total shit, they've made signing players an absolute chore and it takes forever to do anything because the menus are slow as hell.

I tried to play it but just got annoyed, sticking to online now.

My mate has this so we had a few games the other night. Fuck me its shocking. Every first touch is ten miles ahead of the player, we're talking Xavi and Iniesta btw. It seems to take an hour for forward players to get their shots away meaning 9/10 it gets charged down. Little players seem totally ineffective and Lionel Messi can no longer go past anybody with the ball at his feet.

Numerous other bits of horribleness as well. Desperately needs patching.

I think its class. Much harder than 13 and you cant score the same goal twice, if you catch my drift.
I enjoyed it like. Haven't been on it for a few weeks like.. Hate football at the minute. Plus I'm loving GTA5

Is it still piss easy to score a header or have they patched it now

I think its class. Much harder than 13 and you cant score the same goal twice, if you catch my drift.

not much difference between the two but 14 is let down by the ridiculously accurate chipped through balls and the lottery that is defending corners. both those faults have resulted in me playing it much less than 13

edit. and the keepers are absolute dogshite

Finished a season as safc manager. 11th, lost in the league cup final too . Didn't make a signing.

Went on a canny Brucie run at the end and lost 7 from the final 8 games

I f***ing hate FIFA 14. Everyone you play against just abuses the chipped through ball. 100 offsides a game. Daft auto switching to the wrong players. The ball is kicked to random no-marks away from the intended. Players accelerate slower than glaciers (in the name of 'authenticity') etc etc etc.... and to think I just won my last 2 matches too :D

Anyone tried PES this year? What's it like? Am seriously thinking about switching.

I f***ing hate FIFA 14. Everyone you play against just abuses the chipped through ball. 100 offsides a game. Daft auto switching to the wrong players. The ball is kicked to random no-marks away from the intended. Players accelerate slower than glaciers (in the name of 'authenticity') etc etc etc.... and to think I just won my last 2 matches too :D

Anyone tried PES this year? What's it like? Am seriously thinking about switching.

PES is a lot worse.

That is the perfect description right there, you'd have thought EA would have fixed the chipped through ball that has plagued the game for years by now. That along with everything else you've mentioned makes this game unplayable and boring as you know what is goin to happen in every game

Had a tournament with the lads on this tonight.

It's a shocking game and EA should be embarrassed to have released it! Every player feels so clunky and never truly under control. We had several issues with the game randomly switching to teams being controlled by the computer mid game and it inexplicably reset the game length to 4 mins a half from 6!

Rather than being a game of skill it's just a total f***ing lottery this year to what the result is.

Had a tournament with the lads on this tonight.

It's a shocking game and EA should be embarrassed to have released it! Every player feels so clunky and never truly under control. We had several issues with the game randomly switching to teams being controlled by the computer mid game and it inexplicably reset the game length to 4 mins a half from 6!

Rather than being a game of skill it's just a total f***ing lottery this year to what the result is.

You're Xbox right? PES6 is £2.50 delivered on Amazon. There's your solution.

Lent it off a mate to see whether its me being shit (i'm normally canny, mind) or the game.

I totally don't get why small tricky players now control the ball like they're Heskey? I can count on one hand the amount of times I've skinned an oppo player with one of mine, they may as well as left wingers out the game as they're useless! Yet the AI whizz round you and every first touch is perfect, yet every time one of my players controls the ball it rolls yards ahead of them! Then the big strong players are soft as shite and get knocked off the ball by a midget :lol:

f***ing awful product, pleased I've not bought it myself or I'd have been gutted to part with £30+ for it. They've clearly rushed out a load of shite and focused on the XB1 effort.

EA, you absolute disgrace.

Lent it off a mate to see whether its me being shit (i'm normally canny, mind) or the game.

I totally don't get why small tricky players now control the ball like they're Heskey? I can count on one hand the amount of times I've skinned an oppo player with one of mine, they may as well as left wingers out the game as they're useless! Yet the AI whizz round you and every first touch is perfect, yet every time one of my players controls the ball it rolls yards ahead of them! Then the big strong players are soft as shite and get knocked off the ball by a midget :lol:

f***ing awful product, pleased I've not bought it myself or I'd have been gutted to part with £30+ for it. They've clearly rushed out a load of shite and focused on the XB1 effort.

I wondered if they'd just focussed too much on the XB1 version, but it doesn't make business sense when they know the majority of ppl won't be on a next-gen console for a year.

They've left out modes on the next gen game, like tournament mode, playing with a guest or co-op seasons.

I wondered if they'd just focussed too much on the XB1 version, but it doesn't make business sense when they know the majority of ppl won't be on a next-gen console for a year.

I fail to understand how they've made the game so much worse. 13 was far from perfect but it was a pretty decent football game. Surely it can't just be me that thinks 14 is an absolute joke?[DOUBLEPOST=1386093841][/DOUBLEPOST]
They've left out modes on the next gen game, like tournament mode, playing with a guest or co-op seasons.

Makes even less sense as to why 14 on 360 plays the way it does then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back