Fans moaning and groaning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called out the bloke sat next to me in the West Stand at the Ipswich game. He did NOTHING but moan and criticise the team from start to finish. I could partly understand in the first half but after the break, when we played some great stuff, he was at it again...constant carping.
Then we scored....and he did nothing but stand up with his hands in his pockets. Not a word, not a murmur. "Is that not even worth a round of applause? You've done nowt but dig them out all afternoon and you can't give them credit for that...you miserable sod."
He said nothing but offered a thin, weedy smile. I could have whacked the dour so n so. Some fans just aren't fans, I'm afraid.

i think some people are used to failing and therefore moaning so feel like going to the match is their excuse to moan regardless of the performance.

Many times last night people were moaning at players for passes etc which eventually hit their target having been held up in the wind. Loads of Sunderland fans are totally clueless on a matchday.

When we are 3-0 up, with 15 minutes to go because we aren’t pumping it into the box.

A woman near me was screaming ‘you need to show more urgency’

Strange behaviour from the fans last night like.
Some people are never happy

I don't like this get an early lead and sit on what you've got second half. Lulls players into thinking they can turn it on and off when they want. Should be going for the jugular from start to finish. Also, gotta say, absolutely pisses me off that Parkinson is reluctant to change personnel, particularly during the game. Always leaves it too late for players to get into the game.

I don't like this get an early lead and sit on what you've got second half. Lulls players into thinking they can turn it on and off when they want. Should be going for the jugular from start to finish. Also, gotta say, absolutely pisses me off that Parkinson is reluctant to change personnel, particularly during the game. Always leaves it too late for players to get into the game.

So the players should run themselves into the ground when the game is won? Seems like a poor decision when we will have harder games.

I don’t think we were just protecting the lead we just dropped the tempo and didn’t take as many risks. We still created chances but took a sensible approach given the run were on and the weather conditions that were conducive to injuries.

We have 5 games in 3 weeks, have a small squad. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that was a prime opportunity to wind the game down, and not take any risks.

How is pissing, moaning and complaining helping us score more goals?

Actually for League 1 we have a large squad with at least two players covering each position
That said, I would have given the likes of Wyke and Dobson a break after an hour to keep them fresh but maybe their fitness levels are such that they can handle it.

Utter berks.

The same types who then complain if players are knackered.

It's a long season.

The game was done by half time and the approach in the second half was correct.
Ah well, maybe the players and or the manager could have informed us of the impending lacklustre display that awaited us in the second half, then we could have all just gone home instead of sitting there freezing our bollocks off.

No excuse for Watmore and Semenyo not taking their opportunity to show what they are capable of in my opinion. Parky should have made those two changes earlier given the game was won to give others a go and rest two of his first 11
I thought Semenyo looked bright enough with what little he saw of the ball. Watmore was Watmore.

I took my son's to the game to the blackcats bar (cost me £111 for the three of us).First chance the three of us have had the chance to go this season.
Thoroughly enjoyed the first half but a tad disappointed with the attacking display in the second half when Sunderland were attacking the end in which we were sitting.
That's a fact , can't see anything wrong in expressing that.

Pleased with the result, of course.

Agree with the OP that it was not welcome. Fortunately PPs resilience to fans opinion seems to rub off on the team these days especially in the team leaders like Power, Willis and Wright. They decided the pace and knew we had to go to Oxford and win at the weekend. Max even had a word with Semenyo who was understandably keen to get going and up the tempo. Good game management and leadership. Well done.
I share the subs gripe though. Too late for what was essentially a practice match and can’t understand why Scowen didn’t get 20 minutes when we might need him very soon.

I heard a load of it last night aswell. 3-0 up and cruising and people getting annoyed at a misplaced pass or us not tearing down the wing in the same way we were first half if there was an opening.

One bloke a few rows back even getting at Gooch after he'd scored twice. "Shite" "Same every f***ing game" "No awareness" apparently. Even though he had the awareness to get into the right position twice to score :lol:

I took my son's to the game to the blackcats bar (cost me £111 for the three of us).First chance the three of us have had the chance to go this season.
Thoroughly enjoyed the first half but a tad disappointed with the attacking display in the second half when Sunderland were attacking the end in which we were sitting.
That's a fact , can't see anything wrong in expressing that.

Pleased with the result, of course.
Have a like for expressing that diplomatically...not like the so' n'so next to me at the Ispwich game (see post earlier)...and a double like for the avatar. Koss was sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back