Fans moaning and groaning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t a lot of people to be fair. Just two or three at Denver Hume when he passed the ball backwards on 90+2 instead of trying a lung bursting run down the wing

I don't think anyone was expecting him to make a lung bursting run down the wing but he did have 3 players ahead of him, albeit one of them being Watmore, who were in good positions to receive the ball and he practically turned a full 360 and headed backwards so I can kind of understand a bit of frustration.

Mind you I was all for the way we played the second half out as it was a thoroughly professional job that could have still seen us score a couple more.

When we are 3-0 up, with 15 minutes to go because we aren’t pumping it into the box.
Yes, we took our foot off the gas, and were allowing them to start to come back at us.
You must still maintain pressure against the opposition in such circumstances, and not allow them a sniff of getting back into a game.
Mind you, last night, the opposition never really looked like doing anything - only Wilbraham had anything about him.

we have more than our fair share of numpties and fans that contribute nothing to the club.

between the fans that just dump rubbish anywhere they please, and those who boo and scream abuse at players for not attacking enough, quite a lot of fans are holding the club back. It was so bad last night I had to turn my stream off mid-game
The club being shite for the past few years is what’s holding the club back, not a few fans moaning. If that were the case arsenal would be non league by now.

speaking as someone who has played the game at a relatively high standard - and put a lot of time into Football Manager - I can confirm this is 100% untrue.

It's an excuse. Sharpness perhaps, but if you're fit, you're fit. Excuses are the reasons of a weak man.

When we are 3-0 up, with 15 minutes to go because we aren’t pumping it into the box.

A woman near me was screaming ‘you need to show more urgency’

Strange behaviour from the fans last night like.
One of two ways to look at it....

1. We never broke sweat and conserved our energy levels for Saturday as the game was won before half time.

2. goal difference could be a key factor later in the season

Choices

When you ask your lass to go to the bookies, do you also ask her to go out drinking for you on a Sunday afternoon while you make the dinner?

You seem to have confused me with the bloke at the match who sends his missus to put his bets on. Never mind. No harm done.

Might of been frozen cold and wanted another goal to cheer against a shit team.

Pleased that she let's you post on here occasionally.

You're still getting mixed up. Perhaps go away for a lie down as you're obviously tired.

The bloke in the box whilst his lass was putting bets on probably gets his lass to post for him.

There was nee fucker left with 15 minutes to go.

Early leavers do my head in. We were due to win 3-0, why cant they wait to clap the lads off? I just don't get it.

I called out the bloke sat next to me in the West Stand at the Ipswich game. He did NOTHING but moan and criticise the team from start to finish. I could partly understand in the first half but after the break, when we played some great stuff, he was at it again...constant carping.
Then we scored....and he did nothing but stand up with his hands in his pockets. Not a word, not a murmur. "Is that not even worth a round of applause? You've done nowt but dig them out all afternoon and you can't give them credit for that...you miserable sod."
He said nothing but offered a thin, weedy smile. I could have whacked the dour so n so. Some fans just aren't fans, I'm afraid.

I was quite surprised the subs didn’t come on earlier, like.

For me this was the only criticism of the manager. Maguire in particular is very important for us fully fit, i would have brought one or two of the new guys on at half time as the game was already won. I know it's just a knock but Maguire got injured and on a cold night we could have lost an important player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back