Families can meet 22 - 28th Dec proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk of a uturn mate?
No mate. I was watching the Welsh chief medical officer getting interviewed this morning and they were pushing him to answer if they would change their plans and go against what had been agreed. He said never say never. I can see the media narrative the week before Christmas that it's a bad idea, especially now London seems to be the worst affected area.

How is wanting to stay alive being hysterical man ? I'm not going to mingle because I know It's dumb as fuck of me to do so. It's up to everyone else to do what's best for them, but they should be mindful of the potential consequences of their actions.
Ignore the idiot. Nobby is at an age where it's very unlikely to bother him so he plays the covd hard man.
I'm sure you'd still find a way to get hysterical on here no matter what happens tbf
Wobble.

Last edited:
You and your ilk will only be happy when we have all locked ourselves away. A few on here are only a couple of steps away from labelling people murders without having any idea what is going on in peoples lives
Who the hell are "my ilk" man ? I'm locking myself away because I don't want to catch Covid and die - leaving my son without a mam (which from personal experience is a horrific situation to be in when you're a young kid and it stays with you forever). I fully accept other folks not being as scared as I am, I still send the bairn to school every day and take the risk because his education is important to me and I'm trying to do the best I can for him (which I know you do for your bairn too).
I have never branded anyone a murderer, I'm not a dick - but I am scared and worried that the mingling over Christmas is going to mean a rise in cases / the virus spreading / more people dying and harsher lockdowns to come. The country is in a mess, I'm very lonely but I'm still breathing thankfully and I pray we all get through this nightmare.

Who the hell are "my ilk" man ? I'm locking myself away because I don't want to catch Covid and die - leaving my son without a mam (which from personal experience is a horrific situation to be in when you're a young kid and it stays with you forever). I fully accept other folks not being as scared as I am, I still send the bairn to school every day and take the risk because his education is important to me and I'm trying to do the best I can for him (which I know you do for your bairn too).
I have never branded anyone a murderer, I'm not a dick - but I am scared and worried that the mingling over Christmas is going to mean a rise in cases / the virus spreading / more people dying and harsher lockdowns to come. The country is in a mess, I'm very lonely but I'm still breathing thankfully and I pray we all get through this nightmare.

Which is all well and good but stop being so judgemental about other people without having any idea what is going on in there lives. I've lost count of the amount of times people are branded 'selfish, stupid etc etc' for doing things they are perfectly entitled to do under what ever guidance is in place. If you that worried about stuff you'd probably be better off logging off this sub section for a bit and trying to switch off from things for your own mental health

Which is all well and good but stop being so judgemental about other people without having any idea what is going on in there lives. I've lost count of the amount of times people are branded 'selfish, stupid etc etc' for doing things they are perfectly entitled to do under what ever guidance is in place. If you that worried about stuff you'd probably be better off logging off this sub section for a bit and trying to switch off from things for your own mental health
People need to take responsibility and "own" whatever decision they make (I do tbf). My Mental Health has been pretty shit since I was a kid, I just keep on keeping on until I cant anymore (this forum has no bearing on that).

You and your ilk will only be happy when we have all locked ourselves away. A few on here are only a couple of steps away from labelling people murders without having any idea what is going on in peoples lives
There are some absolute knobs on here. Really nasty types. You are showing yourself up
Haway man. Shut up, turn the laptop off and go and lecture a stranger in the street

Afternoon Kay

Really really good post.
I for one think you're doing totally the right thing.

Yes, people can make their own judgements about how they see the situation, and how seriously they take all this.
What i take exception to, is people that decide that because THEY want to take stupid risks, they somehow have the right to risk other people too - not socially distancing etc

Well the government own this. It’s on them and no one else. What’s the betting that cases in the Ne and Tees Valley stay very low, we remain in tier 3 till January. A third lockdown is called in January because things are out of control in London, Kent and Essex? Can’t be seen to be treating us Northern plebs better than Londoners. People should be up in arms about this. If the above happens I will no longer follow the rules on household mixing, I’m even having a modest affair over Christmas. If the government do what I said above in January though then I’m not following the rules. Haven’t seen many family members properly since March because of that fat toad in Downing Street, I won’t be playing the game much longer.

There are some absolute knobs on here. Really nasty types. You are showing yourself up

Haway man. Shut up, turn the laptop off and go and lecture a stranger in the street

I'm not lecturing no fucker, this forum is full of people lecturing people and what they should and shouldn't be doing. If people want to lock themselves away fair enough but tha option is not viable for a lot of people for any number of reasons. These people should be chastised as stupid, selfish etc when people have no idea what there individual circumstances are and what they are getting up to

I'm not lecturing no fucker, this forum is full of people lecturing people and what they should and shouldn't be doing. If people want to lock themselves away fair enough but tha option is not viable for a lot of people for any number of reasons. These people should be chastised as stupid, selfish etc when people have no idea what there individual circumstances are and what they are getting up to
This behaviour is here to stay sadly. The government will start putting more emphasis on public health and people who dare to enjoy nights at the pub, occasional fast food etc. will be frowned upon like a drug user by ‘their peers’. The last 9 months has been fantastic for people ‘whiter than white’ who lead boring lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back