Families can meet 22 - 28th Dec proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not lecturing no fucker, this forum is full of people lecturing people and what they should and shouldn't be doing. If people want to lock themselves away fair enough but tha option is not viable for a lot of people for any number of reasons. These people should be chastised as stupid, selfish etc when people have no idea what there individual circumstances are and what they are getting up to
Making stupid comments about "mental health" is pretty gormless.

Who are "these people" who should be "chastised" as stupid and selfish?

Stats for today are showing this Xmas free for all is a joke. Over 21k cases and nearly 600 deaths again.

Stats for today are showing this Xmas free for all is a joke. Over 21k cases and nearly 600 deaths again.
Urgh, and that's before all the Christmas day / Boxing day drunken mingling (kissing & hugging, singing etc) indoors for hours. Come January we're probably going to be back to square one again (this is not being "hysterical", this is being "logical" mixed in with a bit of dread tbh).

Urgh, and that's before all the Christmas day / Boxing day drunken mingling (kissing & hugging, singing etc) indoors for hours. Come January we're probably going to be back to square one again (this is not being "hysterical", this is being "logical" mixed in with a bit of dread tbh).

i think regardless of what tier we are in, regardless of the rates or if pubs are open or if we are allowed to see family over xmas, we will be pretty much locked down for january and february here in the north east.

for many people, that is an entire year of their life lost. other than turning into work every day

How judgemental is that? You have zero idea what people plans are yet you seem convinced people are organising mass piss ups in large groups. I take it you are all for just shutting up shop totally for next few months are you?

How judgemental is that? You have zero idea what people plans are yet you seem convinced people are organising mass piss ups in large groups. I take it you are all for just shutting up shop totally for next few months are you?
Even small groups are risky man if the people you're mixing with don't live in your household, I'd normally be 1 of 6 Christmas day and 1 of 15-20 on Boxing Day, I'll be 1 of 2 Christmas day then on my todd Boxing Day (because I refuse to take the risk). There will be mass gatherings and piss ups, I think they (the government / health professionals) should have said not to do it to avoid the consequences come January.

Even small groups are risky man if the people you're mixing with don't live in your household, I'd normally be 1 of 6 Christmas day and 1 of 15-20 on Boxing Day, I'll be 1 of 2 Christmas day then on my todd Boxing Day (because I refuse to take the risk). There will be mass gatherings and piss ups, I think they (the government / health professionals) should have said not to do it to avoid the consequences come January.
Do you have health issues yourself ?

Then don't take the risk. Nobody is asking you or forcing you to take the risk. As I've continually said you have no idea what people personally circumstances are, you have no idea what people are planning. People may not have seen families for months on end. That has massive implications for many people in many different ways. It looks like come January no matter what we will be in lockdown for another month or two. That could be 5-6 months where people have not being to see family. This doesn't mean that if they meet up over the Christmas period they are going to go wild. The people you are talking about will be doing that anyway regardless of what restrictions are in place. Even a half an hour social distanced visit to a family member without feeling like a criminal could work wonders for someone's mental health.

These are only confirmed cases, the actual figure will be much, much higher. As for the reported death figures, thay go back days and weeks, with covid, of covid and Within 28 days of testing positive. It works out at 0.5 people per the 1200 hospitals in this country of 68 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back