Families can meet 22 - 28th Dec proposal

In a nutshell people have 3 options.

1. Stick to the rules by the letter.
2. Stay home and see nobody.
3. Gan f***ing mental and party.

Whichever group you fall into you should let the other people do what they wish and what they're comfortable with.
People in group 3 can fk rt off.
Selfish knuts
I'll not be mixing with more than 3 households but I'll be doing it before and after that 5 day period.
Cos you're selfish and irresponsible

Last edited:

People in group 3 can fk rt off.
Selfish knuts

Cos you're selfish and irresponsible
Don't think I am. I'll be seeing a massive 4 people over the entire Christmas period, 2 of which have had the virus. Not going anywhere near any elderly people.

The only rule I'll be breaking is starting it earlier and ending it later than this arbitrary 5 day period, which is purely down to public transport not being available.

I think it’s ridiculous now we have a clear exit strategy set out for the next 12 months. Why risk it?
But I hope no one has any regrets come January, and I hope my family, and others in the same situation, don’t take any decision not to see them too badly
Its not much different for most of the county to how we were in tier 1.

Plenty won't stick to three households even though that's the crack.

They won’t but by putting some guidelines in place, the Govt will hope that the majority follow them.
Undoubtedly. But unless people are being idiotic with it I don't think it will be policed.

It defo won’t be policed, but it might stop the police receiving thousands of calls on Xmas day

Last edited:
You could have 3 households of 8 a piece that include kids, nurses, school teachers, coppers, shop workers. Whilst you could have 5 households totalling 10 people, oaps that more or less are isolating which scenario is more likely to spread any bug?

The Mrs has already made up three support 'bubbles' so she can see all of her family.

She's managed to combine five households.

Her dad is meant to be on the shielding list.

Guess I won't be seeing my mam and dad this Christmas, but as long as she's alright, that's all that matters.

Same here marra.

Me, her, the two kids.
Her parents.
Her sister, her fella and their bairn.

I already don’t like Christmas but I’m raging at this and seriously considering f***ing it off to work.

You could have 3 households of 8 a piece that include kids, nurses, school teachers, coppers, shop workers. Whilst you could have 5 households totalling 10 people, oaps that more or less are isolating which scenario is more likely to spread any bug?
How many groups or sets of 3 households / 24 people (who intend to "bubble up" like that ) do you know that match entirely your first set of criteria there? :lol:

I half considered it seeing as the missus hasn’t seen her family in over a year.

My missus just checked the boat prices for the Irish Sea ferries.

Stenaline the robbing bastards have put the prices on a return journey up by 100 quid.

That’s put the plan to bed :lol:

The Mrs has already made up three support 'bubbles' so she can see all of her family.

She's managed to combine five households.

Her dad is meant to be on the shielding list.

Guess I won't be seeing my mam and dad this Christmas, but as long as she's alright, that's all that matters.
You have that little communication?
As much as I detest this Govt they were stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Three households sounds fair and ultimately it’s now up to individuals to decide what they want to do. Frankly it has nothing to do with anyone else
This.

People pissing and moaning, either stick to the rule of 3 households, have your own rule where you isolate as you feel safe within only your own household or break the rule of 3 (which people intending to see more extended family and friends would have done anyway) - Do whatever your comfortable with, I hate this government as much as anyone but people want them to whipe their f***ing arse the way they are going on, it's literally in your own hands to do as you see fit.

Last edited:
You could have a house where all 4 members are cops.They mix with a house full of 4 doctors.Then the 3rd house are all firefighters.

They all get the virus and pass it on to work colleagues.

Then basically a whole city will become lawless,on fire and no doctors to help anyome.

Then it spreads to the next town.

Golden Oldie has a point mind.

Out of all the thousands of people who post on here no one would benefit more than yourself if you stepped away from the place for a month or two. Post after post of batshit mental nonsense

You could have a house where all 4 members are cops.They mix with a house full of 4 doctors.Then the 3rd house are all firefighters.

They all get the virus and pass it on to work colleagues.

Then basically a whole city will become lawless,on fire and no doctors to help anyome.

Then it spreads to the next town.

Golden Oldie has a point mind.
If you remove every single ounce of common sense from all of these key workers aye. :lol:

Is this one of those 'I can't see my mum but I can hire her as a cleaner' type arguments?

Back