Fallout 76

The loss of VATS as an aid has made it feel very different. Spend very little time in the Pip Boy menus as well as invariably you get jumped by some ghouls or scorched.

I'm getting more used to it now and it's not as awful as some reviewers are making out, but it could, and should, have been so much better.

Top tip for beginners....if an event starts near you just go and hang out on the fringes. Twice now I've completed an event by accident and got canny XP and rewards without even seeing an enemy never mind killing one :lol:

VATS is still there except that it works real time instead of slowing things down.

Exactly. It's still there but just nowhere near as effective as it was. I barely use it. Understandable as you can't slow time down in multiplayer.

Its like they took everything good from Fallout 4 and made it shit. I can't help but think in a week or so they are going to say " ok sorry about the bad joke here is the real game".
I have just wasted time on my 3rd attempt to build a camp but despite owning an axe and being in a forest I can't get enough f***ing wood to make a roof. I can't build a f***ing weapons workbench because that needs wood too. Everything I need to craft, repair or modify needs an ingredient I don't have.
I saw a guy 2 days ago and he was Level 66 whereas I am now Level 18 after 3 days play on and off. Had he been playing 24/7 for a week ?

Last edited:
Its like they took everything good from Fallout 4 and made it shit. I can't help but think in a week or so they are going to say " ok sorry about the bad joke here is the real game".
I have just wasted time on my 3rd attempt to build a camp but despite owning an axe and being in a forest I can't get enough f***ing wood to make a roof. I can't build a f***ing weapons workbench because that needs wood too. Everything I need to craft, repair or modify needs an ingredient I don't have.
I saw a guy 2 days ago and he was Level 66 whereas I am now Level 18 after 3 days play on and off. Had he been playing 24/7 for a week ?
Probably played the fuck out of beta.

I'm low on food. I need to be attacked by molerats and mongrels.

My camp will be the bare minimum I think, bed, stash, workbenches and water pump. I'll do more later if I get close to the platinum.

Might do some turrets anarl. My camp is a ghoul magnet.

I wandered up north to the Toxic Valley and a place called Black Bear Lodge. A Radscorpion appeared so I fought it whereupon another 3 Radscorpions appeared so I had 4 of them around me. I get into the lodge but if I try to leave the Rads will surround me again. I have shit weapons and no chems so all I can do is die and close the game down without respawning so when I come back later the Rads have gone. The same shit happens all the time.

I wandered up north to the Toxic Valley and a place called Black Bear Lodge. A Radscorpion appeared so I fought it whereupon another 3 Radscorpions appeared so I had 4 of them around me. I get into the lodge but if I try to leave the Rads will surround me again. I have shit weapons and no chems so all I can do is die and close the game down without respawning so when I come back later the Rads have gone. The same shit happens all the time.

Same fuckers got me up there earlier tonight. I'm level 10 and got brayed by a gang of level 22 radscorpion hunters.

Anyone else noticing the speed some of these twats move at? Ghouls shambling along spot you then they look like they're chasing a busty lass in a Benny Hill scene they speed up so much.

Them radscorpions that got me earlier didn't half shift anarl.

Last edited:
The loss of VATS as an aid has made it feel very different. Spend very little time in the Pip Boy menus as well as invariably you get jumped by some ghouls or scorched.

I'm getting more used to it now and it's not as awful as some reviewers are making out, but it could, and should, have been so much better.

Top tip for beginners....if an event starts near you just go and hang out on the fringes. Twice now I've completed an event by accident and got canny XP and rewards without even seeing an enemy never mind killing one :lol:

Agreed. I played for a few hours last night and thoroughly enjoying it, really getting into the nitty gritty of planning my moves / gear.

There's loads of wood to the North, Prickets camp or something like that.

I'm low on food. I need to be attacked by molerats and mongrels.

My camp will be the bare minimum I think, bed, stash, workbenches and water pump. I'll do more later if I get close to the platinum.

Might do some turrets anarl. My camp is a ghoul magnet.

I've built mine next to a place with friendly robots so I don't get bothered. Also use canned food perk so tend to find unspoilable food most places.

1. Aaaaand servers down for maintenance when I'm child free. Fucks sake.

Last edited:
Agreed. I played for a few hours last night and thoroughly enjoying it, really getting into the nitty gritty of planning my moves / gear.

I've built mine next to a place with friendly robots so I don't get bothered. Also use canned food perk so tend to find unspoilable food most places.

3 hours offline at peak time. Not doing themselves any favours with this at all.

No shock this is a dud. Same as ESO. Money grabbing game by a developer that has demonstrated once again their main priorities. Of course they're a business, they can do what they like. But I'm not investing. Real shame.

This looks absolutely shite, sad really.

Fallout 4 had warning signs with the boring and unrewarding camp building - and it looks like they've just downgraded the graphics and replaced the story/NPCs (the only saving grace) with online players...

Should have been free DLC for Fallout 4.

Selling "hats" for £5 as well :lol::lol::lol:

Hope it ruins them personally

More bollocks from the game ; I find a diner/bar called "The Rusty Pick" near Charleston Fire Station and it is guarded by 5 Super Mutants. It's a hell of a battle but I kill them all and inside the bar I find a "Beer Hat" :lol: but then I am attacked by a Ghoul but just before it kills me "Fallout 76 has stopped working". I reappear outside the bar and go back inside only for the game to crash again. This time when I load the game and 5 minutes since I killed the Super Mutants they have all respawned :cry:

I have tried to be more in tune with the game so I found a place northwest of the Mothman museum which has tons of wood and as a bonus the Alpine Cabins nearby had 2 bobbleheads. If you want a tip there are a load of Mothman eggs at a shrine near the river and if you make them into omelettes they are worth 38 caps each.

Back