Fallout 76

Every single time I quit the game it freezes.
In case you think that is an exaggeration, it isn't. I have to use Task Manager to terminate the motherfucker.

Every single time I quit the game it freezes.
In case you think that is an exaggeration, it isn't. I have to use Task Manager to terminate the motherfucker.
Why doesn't every fucker who bought the game sue them under the trades description act?

Get enough people to do it, and you could collapse them

Why doesn't every fucker who bought the game sue them under the trades description act?

Get enough people to do it, and you could collapse them
I'm guessing most of the people who bought the game in the first week are Bethesda fanboys like myself and are hesitant to sue the company that has brought so many hours of fun to their lives, let alone bankrupt the fuckers.

Oblivion and FO3 are easily my top 2 games. I can forgive them for this monstrosity but TES 6 better be a f***ing bug-free masterpiece otherwise shit will hit the fan for them.

Tbf, Rage was shit anarl and I thought The Evil Within was unplayable due to the shitty controls and camera angle. Both got binned after 2 days.

They either make a great game or a pile of shit. This is definiely the latter.

I'm guessing most of the people who bought the game in the first week are Bethesda fanboys like myself and are hesitant to sue the company that has brought so many hours of fun to their lives, let alone bankrupt the fuckers.

Oblivion and FO3 are easily my top 2 games. I can forgive them for this monstrosity but TES 6 better be a f***ing bug-free masterpiece otherwise shit will hit the fan for them.

Tbf, Rage was shit anarl and I thought The Evil Within was unplayable due to the shitty controls and camera angle. Both got binned after 2 days.

They either make a great game or a pile of shit. This is definiely the latter.
Its not fine to charge their customers £50+ on a game that's not finished, then refuse refunds.
That's outright fraud, deception and theft.

Its not fine to charge their customers £50+ on a game that's not finished, then refuse refunds.
That's outright fraud, deception and theft.

Seems the only ones that can get away with charging for an unfinished buggy product are games software developers, and it's getting worse by the year. Doesn't seem to be a lot of consumer rights for it either.

To anybody thinking about buying the game here is something to consider.
2 days ago I was near the location called Whitespring which I had never visited. I received an automated warning that a Nuke was inbound and it showed the blast radius on the map. I was outside it and shielded by some hills so I was shielded from the blast but got a grandstand view of the mushroom cloud which was pretty damned impressive. Now what happens when a nuke detonates is that the area is highly radioactive and filled with high level or legendary enemies so I though "fuck that".
Today I decided to go have a look and it was magically restored to pristine condition but just as I went in the game froze and I had to use Task Manager to exit it.
I've tried to log in about 7 times now and every time the game freezes.
There's no option to load a previous save because there are none so it seems like all I can do is write off nearly two weeks play and start a new game.
Don't say you weren't warned.

Is the nuke explosion and damage not just for that session on that server? I’d sort of assumed it was.

Is the nuke explosion and damage not just for that session on that server? I’d sort of assumed it was.

Yes it is only on one server. It got nuked again yesterday ! But even when I was able to get the game running again and even though I was in power armour, when you get in the place is full of stupidly powerful feral ghouls who swarmed me and killed me about 3 times. By the time I had killed them I had no weapons or chems and I was attacked by a Level 98 Scorchbeast so I had no option but to give up and flee. On the plus side I got several bits of Legendary armour BUT they all like Level 50 so utterly useless to me (I was Level 27).

Yes it is only on one server. It got nuked again yesterday ! But even when I was able to get the game running again and even though I was in power armour, when you get in the place is full of stupidly powerful feral ghouls who swarmed me and killed me about 3 times. By the time I had killed them I had no weapons or chems and I was attacked by a Level 98 Scorchbeast so I had no option but to give up and flee. On the plus side I got several bits of Legendary armour BUT they all like Level 50 so utterly useless to me (I was Level 27).

I’m guessing that area is meant to be done in a team. I’d have nee chance at Level 15 and in my raider armour :oops:

I’m guessing that area is meant to be done in a team. I’d have nee chance at Level 15 and in my raider armour :oops:

It's quite funny that when it gets nuked you can see level 10 players on the map swarming over it like locusts since if you can stand the radiation you can pick up Legendary armour and weapons which as I said are no use because you can't use them if they a higher level than you.

Picked this up for £20 over the weekend. Plays fine for me, no bugs are anything yet. Few mates of mine play it so it's been pretty good so far.

If Marvel released a half-finished film with half-rendered CGI, shitty framerate, no plot and no ending people would be demanding a refund, and rightly so.

Even moreso if they kicked you out of the Cinema every 10 minutes and made you have to watch it again from the start.

A traffic light system so you know which quests are impossible at your level would have been canny, or even suggested levels for completion. Picked up a load of random quests in the last couple of days and have just been shredded by a Level 42 Legendary Super Mutant doing one and a Level 37 Assaultron is stopping me from continuing another. I’ll skirt over my recent deaths at the hands of a pack of low level Rabid Mole rats and then a yao guai the same level as me…..In Fallout 4 you knew when you left the central area you’d meet more powerful enemies. Here I’m still pretty central but never know what’s round the next corner.

I’m just slowly wandering the wasteland discovering locations and picking up random quests whilst picking off ghouls, scorched and super mutants on the way. Same strategy as previous fallout games really. Map is huge so barely scratched the surface despite clocking up 24 hours gameplay

The first patches were annoying, the graphics are glitchy and the gameplay isn’t smooth but I’m quite enjoying it despite it’s many faults. I’ve not come across anything game breaking. Yet anyway.

A traffic light system so you know which quests are impossible at your level would have been canny, or even suggested levels for completion. Picked up a load of random quests in the last couple of days and have just been shredded by a Level 42 Legendary Super Mutant doing one and a Level 37 Assaultron is stopping me from continuing another. I’ll skirt over my recent deaths at the hands of a pack of low level Rabid Mole rats and then a yao guai the same level as me…..In Fallout 4 you knew when you left the central area you’d meet more powerful enemies. Here I’m still pretty central but never know what’s round the next corner.

I’m just slowly wandering the wasteland discovering locations and picking up random quests whilst picking off ghouls, scorched and super mutants on the way. Same strategy as previous fallout games really. Map is huge so barely scratched the surface despite clocking up 24 hours gameplay

The first patches were annoying, the graphics are glitchy and the gameplay isn’t smooth but I’m quite enjoying it despite it’s many faults. I’ve not come across anything game breaking. Yet anyway.

The Rusty Pick diner is a good place to visit. It is guarded by about 6 Super Mutants or Protrectrons but once you get inside I have found (twice) a Beer Hat, one Power Armour chassis and in the lower level the War Drum, an extremely powerful melee weapon capable of killing most enemies in a single hit. I just killed a Level 30 Sentry Bot with it by getting so close it couldn't fire its guns properly.

The Rusty Pick

The Rusty Pick diner is a good place to visit. It is guarded by about 6 Super Mutants or Protrectrons but once you get inside I have found (twice) a Beer Hat, one Power Armour chassis and in the lower level the War Drum, an extremely powerful melee weapon capable of killing most enemies in a single hit. I just killed a Level 30 Sentry Bot with it by getting so close it couldn't fire its guns properly.

The Rusty Pick

I’ll have a look, I’m nervous of venturing too far off the beaten track. I went to Whitesprings resort and got attacked by a group of Level 40+ ghouls, then after respawning and carefully picking up my gear I ran away and got attacked by a pack of Level 42 rabid wolves. Respawned and decided to stick to the road and saw some level 40+ scorched and super mutants up ahead. I made my excuses and ran away, fast travelled to my Camp and found it full of protectrons that had knacked my turrets. I’ve had better sessions…..

I’ll have a look, I’m nervous of venturing too far off the beaten track. I went to Whitesprings resort and got attacked by a group of Level 40+ ghouls, then after respawning and carefully picking up my gear I ran away and got attacked by a pack of Level 42 rabid wolves. Respawned and decided to stick to the road and saw some level 40+ scorched and super mutants up ahead. I made my excuses and ran away, fast travelled to my Camp and found it full of protectrons that had knacked my turrets. I’ve had better sessions…..

The bad thing about Whitespring is that it gets Nuked on a daily basis now, so you need some 2 million sunblock if you really want to visit ! I have built my new camp high on top of a hill but reasonably close to a vendor location and it only gets attacked by Super Mutants and Mole Rats but they do no real damage and are quickly killed.
I managed to get the plans for the Excavator Power Armour today and have a complete suit except for one leg because I am short of 3 springs :cry:
A canny dodge if you see an army of enemies nearby is to log off. When you log in again you are on a different server and they might be somewhere else.

Last edited:

Back