Fallout 76

Todd Howard has said in a few interviews they don’t want it to be griefy. I’m guessing he’s saying you can have some pvp if you want it, but people can’t just wipe you out every five minutes.

The way it actually works is that if someone takes a shot at you they can't damage you until you retaliate. So the other I saw a level 60 player and a level 3 outside the building I was in. He took a shot at me presumably intending to show off to the level 3 guy. Although I was level 35 I was in Excavator Power Armour so I just stood looking at him and then pushed him out of the way, he said something about "bitch" but his little plan failed.

The way it actually works is that if someone takes a shot at you they can't damage you until you retaliate. So the other I saw a level 60 player and a level 3 outside the building I was in. He took a shot at me presumably intending to show off to the level 3 guy. Although I was level 35 I was in Excavator Power Armour so I just stood looking at him and then pushed him out of the way, he said something about "bitch" but his little plan failed.
What do you think of the games itself?
Really wanted to buy it, but not heard a good word said about it.

It's a survival game , literally you have to do so much just to survive like cooking food and repairing weapons and armour that it becomes a bit of a chore. Like I said earlier you also face ridiculous numbers of enemies at some points but there are various tricks to defeating them. If you just want to explore a vast world it is ok and you do feel a sense of achievement when you have killed 20 Super Mutants with a sledgehammer :lol:

Have a look through the thread and read some of mine and Pinzas comments.

It's an unfinished buggy glitchy mess at times. But if you're a big fallout fan and go into it with knowledge of its many faults you might enjoy it.

It's only going to get cheaper so if you're in no hurry hold off it'll be £20 before long!

Have a look through the thread and read some of mine and Pinzas comments.

It's an unfinished buggy glitchy mess at times. But if you're a big fallout fan and go into it with knowledge of its many faults you might enjoy it.

It's only going to get cheaper so if you're in no hurry hold off it'll be £20 before long!

Before buying it though consider this; there are no Difficulty options, only the one.
So yesterday I had the bad luck to wander near an area patrolled by a Scorchbeast, a huge fuckoff Dragon/Bat come Bullet Sponge which kills you in seconds. I attempt to flee but run into a Stalking Mothman , another high level monster. They kill me and as the game demands I drop all my loot in a small brown paper bag :lol: The only respawn point is more or less yards from the SB which kills me about 5 times in a cycle and destroys all my armour. The sixth time I manage to run up a hill where I encounter a Level 51 Deathclaw which kills me easily. I get sick and go for a tab (in real life). When I respawn I see another way up a cliff, struggle over the rocks and fall into a hole in the roof of.......the Deathclaw's cave. I am so full of f***ing adrenaline now that I lay into the twat with a sledgehammer and kill it, so I walk out of the cave and.....get killed by the Scorchbeast. This went on for half an hour till eventually I manage to escape and walk home which takes about 45 minutes encountering numerous Deathclaws on the way.
If this is up your street , buy it.

Before buying it though consider this; there are no Difficulty options, only the one.
So yesterday I had the bad luck to wander near an area patrolled by a Scorchbeast, a huge fuckoff Dragon/Bat come Bullet Sponge which kills you in seconds. I attempt to flee but run into a Stalking Mothman , another high level monster. They kill me and as the game demands I drop all my loot in a small brown paper bag :lol: The only respawn point is more or less yards from the SB which kills me about 5 times in a cycle and destroys all my armour. The sixth time I manage to run up a hill where I encounter a Level 51 Deathclaw which kills me easily. I get sick and go for a tab (in real life). When I respawn I see another way up a cliff, struggle over the rocks and fall into a hole in the roof of.......the Deathclaw's cave. I am so full of f***ing adrenaline now that I lay into the twat with a sledgehammer and kill it, so I walk out of the cave and.....get killed by the Scorchbeast. This went on for half an hour till eventually I manage to escape and walk home which takes about 45 minutes encountering numerous Deathclaws on the way.
If this is up your street , buy it.

Ending up in an area where you're woefully underpowered can be tough. Most of my quest markers are now in areas I'm a bit wary of so just wandering around killing random stuff and looking for events to level up a bit before I head there.

Keep catching diseases anarl. Bastard diseased molerats!

Ending up in an area where you're woefully underpowered can be tough. Most of my quest markers are now in areas I'm a bit wary of so just wandering around killing random stuff and looking for events to level up a bit before I head there.

Keep catching diseases anarl. Bastard diseased molerats!

But that's everywhere in this game ! :lol:
Yesterday I had to do a quest in the town of Watoga, which is populated by around 30 hostile robots. I kill them all and go in search of a holotape. When I eventually get back I have to take an elevator to the roof of a skyscraper and load it into a terminal which begins a 5 minute countdown, Out of nowhere 3 Major Gutsys, 2 Robobrains and a Scorchbeast appear and start pounding the crap out of me. I die, and respawn at the foot of the skyscraper where all the dead robots are now alive again and I find that I have to reinsert the tape into the terminal. This time I get crafty and jump over the edge to the ground but this restarts the countdown so I am no better off. Third and final time I decide to get back in the elevator and close the and this works until one of the robots opens the door and I die.
Finally I think "Fuck this" and scarper out of town.
The mission is still up there on my screen.

I’m level 20 and at the rate I’m levelling up the only way I’ll hit that will be if my grandkids (that I haven’t got yet) take on my user ID and keep on playing after I’m long gone.

The easiest ways to level up are to claim a workshop or do an "event". There's an Event called Fertile Soil at Flatwoods which seems to repeat about every half hour or less. Claiming a workshop usually costs you about 25 caps and you get a money and plans reward plus a lot of XP. Sunshine Meadows workshop near Flatwoods is easy to claim and defend.

I’m level 20 and at the rate I’m levelling up the only way I’ll hit that will be if my grandkids (that I haven’t got yet) take on my user ID and keep on playing after I’m long gone.

I'm somewhere in the mid 30s now. I can't get enough of it, I rarely interact with other players and all the notes, holotapes and locations tell some great stories. The music is brilliant, the ambience is superb and the size of the world is borderline mind boggling.

I was annoyed that I'd paid A LOT more than it costs now, but I'm pleased I can pick it up for 20 quid so my daughter can come and explore the wasteland with me!

I'm somewhere in the mid 30s now. I can't get enough of it, I rarely interact with other players and all the notes, holotapes and locations tell some great stories. The music is brilliant, the ambience is superb and the size of the world is borderline mind boggling.

I was annoyed that I'd paid A LOT more than it costs now, but I'm pleased I can pick it up for 20 quid so my daughter can come and explore the wasteland with me!

I’m enjoying it. 30+ hours in, still loads of events and missions to do and still only explored the centre of the map.

You get some unexpected LOL moments in the game. Yesterday I was working in my camp when suddenly it got orange and I started to take massive amounts of radiation damage then died. When I clicked the map to respawn somebody had NUKED the area I was in , and I was like a hundred yards from Ground Zero but due to to the absurd physics I wasn't vapourised !

Back