Fallout 76

You get some unexpected LOL moments in the game. Yesterday I was working in my camp when suddenly it got orange and I started to take massive amounts of radiation damage then died. When I clicked the map to respawn somebody had NUKED the area I was in , and I was like a hundred yards from Ground Zero but due to to the absurd physics I wasn't vapourised !

Nukes are a far more common occurrence than I expected. 9 out of 10 of them at Whitesprings anarl.

I headed into a blast zone the other day and got instantly shredded by a level 68 Super Mutant Lord

Well, she bought me it for Christmas, so I'll start playing in the next couple of days.

Wait till you are playing the mission to find the missing BOS commander and after a battle like WW3 the game freezes and when you log back in you find you have been booted back to square one.

As in lost everything?

This is a good start, the intro cutecene has froze. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
As in lost everything?

This is a good start, the intro cutecene has froze. :lol:

The mission was to find 3 radio transmitters and I found 2 and was on my way to find the third when it froze and I had to use Task Manager to exit it. When I logged in again the map showed both transmitters as needing to found so I just thought "fuck this" and did something else. I'm playing on PC so the graphics are generally good but I have heard that on PS4 and Xbox there can be a lot of problems.

The mission was to find 3 radio transmitters and I found 2 and was on my way to find the third when it froze and I had to use Task Manager to exit it. When I logged in again the map showed both transmitters as needing to found so I just thought "fuck this" and did something else. I'm playing on PC so the graphics are generally good but I have heard that on PS4 and Xbox there can be a lot of problems.

I've played around 6 hours so far, and I think it's ok. I went in with a bit of a biased against it mindset, but for me it hasn't been as bad as I thought.

I've only really got up to the University and level 7 and not done many quests, but I've had fun looking around. Already killed another player in PvP who instigated it with me and been killed once due to getting a wanted level by breaking into someone else's house (not realising that's what it was, I just picked a lock).

The only bug I've encountered is the intro cutscene freezing and also a weird one where I was just taking damage randomly from nowhere, as if a player was shooting me, fast travelling got rid of this.

By the way, that feed the people event was annoying and tricky on my own, combat is slightly annoying when there's loads of enemies, close up to you.

I've played around 6 hours so far, and I think it's ok. I went in with a bit of a biased against it mindset, but for me it hasn't been as bad as I thought.

I've only really got up to the University and level 7 and not done many quests, but I've had fun looking around. Already killed another player in PvP who instigated it with me and been killed once due to getting a wanted level by breaking into someone else's house (not realising that's what it was, I just picked a lock).

The only bug I've encountered is the intro cutscene freezing and also a weird one where I was just taking damage randomly from nowhere, as if a player was shooting me, fast travelling got rid of this.

By the way, that feed the people event was annoying and tricky on my own, combat is slightly annoying when there's loads of enemies, close up to you.

Already killed another player in PvP who instigated it with me and been killed once due to getting a wanted level by breaking into someone else's house (not realising that's what it was, I just picked a lock).

You should give player houses a wide berth. What has happened to me is that I go near and get attacked by dogs and the players turrets open fire on me so I get a wanted tag. The game is set so that wherever you place your house random enemies will attack it. When other players instigate PVP it can be cool to just laugh at them or give them a Love emoji.
A good event is Fertile Soil at Flatwoods and the cool thing about events is that you don't need to participate - even if you are just in the event area you still get a reward !
The game does that damage thing to me as well when I am walking around by myself, don't know why.
If you are faced by say 20 Super Mutants it's worth remembering that if you kill say 3 when you respawn you will be at full health but they will still be dead so if you die another 5 times you will have killed them all at no cost to you.

Already killed another player in PvP who instigated it with me and been killed once due to getting a wanted level by breaking into someone else's house (not realising that's what it was, I just picked a lock).

You should give player houses a wide berth. What has happened to me is that I go near and get attacked by dogs and the players turrets open fire on me so I get a wanted tag. The game is set so that wherever you place your house random enemies will attack it. When other players instigate PVP it can be cool to just laugh at them or give them a Love emoji.
A good event is Fertile Soil at Flatwoods and the cool thing about events is that you don't need to participate - even if you are just in the event area you still get a reward !
The game does that damage thing to me as well when I am walking around by myself, don't know why.
If you are faced by say 20 Super Mutants it's worth remembering that if you kill say 3 when you respawn you will be at full health but they will still be dead so if you die another 5 times you will have killed them all at no cost to you.

I didn't realise that about events, I shall keep that in mind.

I took control of the junkyard as well, random events kept on happening. My turrets didn't shoot back though, I don't know if that was a bug.

VATS is almost pointless now, it's only good if I'm not quick enough to aim when they're charging at me, as the combat is quite quick.

I didn't realise that about events, I shall keep that in mind.

I took control of the junkyard as well, random events kept on happening. My turrets didn't shoot back though, I don't know if that was a bug.

VATS is almost pointless now, it's only good if I'm not quick enough to aim when they're charging at me, as the combat is quite quick.

There's another thing you can use to your advantage, Flatwoods being the best place. If you look in the mailboxes there you may find a US Government Cargo Drop Requisition. This is a holotape which you load into any Radio Relay tow to request an air drop. The cargobot will drop it in the centre of town and it will be full of goodies for you, BUT if someone else requests it, even after they have taken the loot the same stuff will be there for you ! So wherever you see a plume of orange smoke go in and loot the box :cool:

Being a traditional fallout fanboy I was determined not to buy this, but I hadn't taken the Santa element out of it.

So I've had about 5/6 hours my thoughts?

It is not, by any stretch, a "Fallout" game. More like CoD set in the Fallout universe.

It is not a 60 quid game, and I feel sorry for anyone who paid anything like that. (mine was 24.99.. more like it).

It is a decent game if at at the right price.

Will I invest the usual 100s of hours as normal with Fallout games.. Not a chance. Maybe a couple of hours here and there dicking about.

There are some proper kernts playing this. :lol:

There's another thing you can use to your advantage, Flatwoods being the best place. If you look in the mailboxes there you may find a US Government Cargo Drop Requisition. This is a holotape which you load into any Radio Relay tow to request an air drop. The cargobot will drop it in the centre of town and it will be full of goodies for you, BUT if someone else requests it, even after they have taken the loot the same stuff will be there for you ! So wherever you see a plume of orange smoke go in and loot the box :cool:

Thanks, I have a few of those now.

I'm level 11, I'm messing around at the Airport now. I'm enjoying it. It can be pretty lonely as not paired up with anyone, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

The only issue I have is with the tiny inventory size.

I'm level 11, I'm messing around at the Airport now. I'm enjoying it. It can be pretty lonely as not paired up with anyone, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Not so much the size for me, but the different items, ie - I must have a list of about 10 different beers, the same with meat. everything should go into the inventory as Meat, Alcohol, Veg.

So if you kill something like a mole rat = 1 meat, dog. = 2, mirelurk = 5 etc. Get a beer = 1 alcohol, wine .= 2, whisky = 3.

You have to watch it like a hawk, yesterday I found I had like 40 Radaway and 15 Diluted Radaway which weigh about 0.5 pounds each. I sold them all to a vendor and lost 20 pounds weight as a result.

Being a traditional fallout fanboy I was determined not to buy this, but I hadn't taken the Santa element out of it.

So I've had about 5/6 hours my thoughts?

It is not, by any stretch, a "Fallout" game. More like CoD set in the Fallout universe.

It is not a 60 quid game, and I feel sorry for anyone who paid anything like that. (mine was 24.99.. more like it).

It is a decent game if at at the right price.

Will I invest the usual 100s of hours as normal with Fallout games.. Not a chance. Maybe a couple of hours here and there dicking about.

There are some proper kernts playing this. :lol:

I finally managed to complete the BOS mission the other day and when I got to the final battle scene someone had just dropped a Nuke so it was chaos. I was Level 66 and the only other person there was a Level 40 player. Basically what he did was follow me through the underground caverns and let me take care of the bulk of the enemy which I enjoyed anyway because I got all the loot. At one point the game told me he had attacked me but I wrote that off as an accident because it was pretty hectic. If I hadn't been there he would have died because he was using a shotgun and I was using melee and like I said earlier melee always wins.

Last edited:
I've got a nice little base all built now, with power and water purification facilities and also a farm so I can manufacture adhesive, as well as all of the crafting benches. :cool:

I've been given power armour by a random nice person, and also a nice missile launcher randomly by a level 42 bloke, but i can't use that until level 20. It feels like it's taken me forever to reach level 15 which is where I'm at now, and I've only went as far north as Grafton, I'm holding off on doing the mayor's quest in Toxic Valley.

Some of the creatures such as the mirelurks are difficult to kill.

I've got a nice little base all built now, with power and water purification facilities and also a farm so I can manufacture adhesive, as well as all of the crafting benches. :cool:

I've been given power armour by a random nice person, and also a nice missile launcher randomly by a level 42 bloke, but i can't use that until level 20. It feels like it's taken me forever to reach level 15 which is where I'm at now, and I've only went as far north as Grafton, I'm holding off on doing the mayor's quest in Toxic Valley.

Some of the creatures such as the mirelurks are difficult to kill.

I’m 50 hours+ and I’m Level 25. My camp is the bare minimum, Cooking station, stash box, bed, water pump and some crafting benches. Hated the base building in Fallout 4 so have avoided doing it. My levelling is gathering pace a bit now I can take on tougher enemies and more events though occasionally still get shredded when I unexpectedly bump into something level 40+ in a random location. Stash is getting close to 600 now so need a purge on that, loathe to sell or drop some things just in case I need them later.

The mayors quest was a doddle, barely saw an enemy in the 4 parts but not sure if that’s by design or the way it worked out for me. Hardest bit was actually getting past some higher levelled super mutants to get to him in Grafton in the first place.

I’m 50 hours+ and I’m Level 25. My camp is the bare minimum, Cooking station, stash box, bed, water pump and some crafting benches. Hated the base building in Fallout 4 so have avoided doing it. My levelling is gathering pace a bit now I can take on tougher enemies and more events though occasionally still get shredded when I unexpectedly bump into something level 40+ in a random location. Stash is getting close to 600 now so need a purge on that, loathe to sell or drop some things just in case I need them later.

The mayors quest was a doddle, barely saw an enemy in the 4 parts but not sure if that’s by design or the way it worked out for me. Hardest bit was actually getting past some higher levelled super mutants to get to him in Grafton in the first place.

Have you got the Excavator or Nuka Cola power armours yet ? There are good walkthroughs on Youtube and the Nuka Cola is a little time consuming but worth it as you see very few players wearing it.

Have you got the Excavator or Nuka Cola power armours yet ? There are good walkthroughs on Youtube and the Nuka Cola is a little time consuming but worth it as you see very few players wearing it.

Not yet. The Extractor one is from the Miner Miracles quest? I got that notification ages ago but couldn’t start it until I hit Level 25. Not a fan of power armour anyway other than if absolutely necessary. Might have a look though.

Just done the Blackwater Mine key fragment quest for Rose. Managed to only just survive being swarmed by about a dozen Level 40 Glowing Mole Miners, they seemed neverending. Burned (literally as I’ve got the burning SMG) through a shitload of 10mm ammo and stimpaks.

Some of the quests I have to do now are taking me to areas that are a little challenging at my level but the XP from the higher level enemies is welcome.

Back