Fallout 4

Loved Fallout 3 so just decided to get this having recently bought a PS4.

Is there much point to the settlements aspect of the game? Not sure I can really be arsed with all that.

Is there much point to the settlements aspect of the game? Not sure I can really be arsed with all that.
Practical elements are Exp, stable income of caps with stores, scavenger stations will provide a steady stream for scrap, free meds. So there are benefits but it's not game breaking to ignore it.

As for there being a point, no more or less to any aspect of the game really, it's not like we play these games because of the great story or game mechanics. :lol:

Have you got the season pass? If so part of the settlement building will include manufacturing machines which i found useful for making bullets as opposed to wasting perks on the ammo collector.

If you're going for platinum it's a huge part of it too.

Practical elements are Exp, stable income of caps with stores, scavenger stations will provide a steady stream for scrap, free meds. So there are benefits but it's not game breaking to ignore it.

As for there being a point, no more or less to any aspect of the game really, it's not like we play these games because of the great story or game mechanics. :lol:

True dat :lol:

It just sounds like a bit of a fart on when I'd rather be out exploring and scavenging.

Have you got the season pass? If so part of the settlement building will include manufacturing machines which i found useful for making bullets as opposed to wasting perks on the ammo collector.

If you're going for platinum it's a huge part of it too.

I haven't, how much is it?

Just caved and bought this with the season pass for PC. Orginally played it on PS4 without the DLC's and have wanted to wait a while before giving it another play through. Can't be arsed for the settlements like

Not sure how different it is to Fallout 3 as I haven't played it in years, but I don't remember struggling so much during the early stages of the game. I'm only Level 4 or 5 and keep getting blown to bits :lol:

Might be best trying to improve first before I try and take everyone on...

Not sure how different it is to Fallout 3 as I haven't played it in years, but I don't remember struggling so much during the early stages of the game. I'm only Level 4 or 5 and keep getting blown to bits :lol:

Might be best trying to improve first before I try and take everyone on...
In FO3 enemies leveled with you, in FO4 they get harder the further away you get from Sanctuary. If you're running through the story without doing side missions and a bit of base building you may find yourself under powered.

I thought FO4 was a piece of piss personally, I probably went the other way and over leveled.

In FO3 enemies leveled with you, in FO4 they get harder the further away you get from Sanctuary. If you're running through the story without doing side missions and a bit of base building you may find yourself under powered.

I thought FO4 was a piece of piss personally, I probably went the other way and over leveled.

When I started previous Fallout games I go for the stealthy leg it around discovering the map approach first just to explore and see what's out there - that led to some pretty short adventures when I first started on FO4 :lol:

Wouldn't bother with it mate, unless you are one of these that loves to build git big massive settlements for days on end only to watch fuck all happen in it and the NPCs just wander around not doing much.

There is plenty to do in the game to get everything you need so needing a settlement to get you ammo and creds etc. just isn't needed. I basically just done the basics and had some places next to where I kip to sell items and restock ammo if needed. Saved having to fast travel all over the shop trying to sell junk etc.

Back