Facebook

Me marra.

Almost exclusively for a private invitation only group called Shine - Young Adults (20s, 30s, 40s) With Cancer.

Only just young enough, but it’s been a massively helpful resource and has given me loads of info on standing a better chance to get referred for the one long and complex operation that will give me the curative option, while still slim, that the chemo currently being pumped into my heart, most certainly won’t.

I want no sympathy, I appreciate the support on here more than I can say after ‘coming out’ in January following a year of old fashioned secrecy.

But I don’t think of myself as a sadsack or a nobhead truth be told.

I am not who you replied to, but my advice would be put the group somewhere else, plenty of non-invasive options besides facebook.

I am not who you replied to, but my advice would be put the group somewhere else, plenty of non-invasive options besides facebook.

Aye, might have a word with mods but the last thing I want is to lose is the advice and stuff the group provide. Despite being people mostly younger than me, there is very little ‘good luck/what’s up huns’ and suchlike.

Happy to take suggestions for alternatives from anyone in the know but I suspect a lot in the group will stick with it as, without trying to sound dramatic, information hacking isn’t at the top of their list to give a fuck about.

Aye, might have a word with mods but the last thing I want is to lose is the advice and stuff the group provide. Despite being people mostly younger than me, there is very little ‘good luck/what’s up huns’ and suchlike.

Happy to take suggestions for alternatives from anyone in the know but I suspect a lot in the group will stick with it as, without trying to sound dramatic, information hacking isn’t at the top of their list to give a fuck about.

yeah I can imagine, probably plenty more in situations like that. change is always tough for many but really it need not be.

Still if the facebook dangers become more commonly known hopefully there will be a movement towards other platforms

Me marra.

Almost exclusively for a private invitation only group called Shine - Young Adults (20s, 30s, 40s) With Cancer.

Only just young enough, but it’s been a massively helpful resource and has given me loads of info on standing a better chance to get referred for the one long and complex operation that will give me the curative option, while still slim, that the chemo currently being pumped into my heart, most certainly won’t.

I want no sympathy, I appreciate the support on here more than I can say after ‘coming out’ in January following a year of old fashioned secrecy.

But I don’t think of myself as a sadsack or a nobhead truth be told.
Bit off topic but I'm curious, will they boot you out when you hit 50?

delete your account before its too late mate, you've already been defending Putin and the Russians have thousands of people deployed to manipulate muppets like you
Based on the last couple of years of posts they can establish I'm in my mid-30s, have a kid, support Sunderland, vote labour, and thinks Moyes is a useless piece of shit.

Not really arsed which ads they send my way based on that information.

Last edited:

Don't know but it has crossed my mind. I never did put my birthday on Facebook primarily to avoid the bullshit Happy Birthdays and the follow up 'Thanks for all the birthday wishes' so I could sort of cheat. Anyhoo, I've graduated from reader of advice to provider of, with my growing experience of the whole thing. Or more like 'a part of the furniture' as we used to call it round here before we moved on to playing positions.

Oh and thanks for saying 'when' I hit 50 means a lot :lol:

Last edited:
For anyone else that didnt know what the fuck the op was going on about:

https://gizmodo.com/this-time-facebook-really-might-be-fucked-1823885655

Couldn't give a fuck, I put very little on there. They can data mine the hell out of the odd snarky comment or picture of the dog.
So a site where you share yourself for likes is sharing your info ?
Shock horror
If anyone wants to see my holiday pics go for it

Don’t have Facebook and I don’t know anyone who has it over the age of 18 who isn’t a prized f***ing idiot .
Reeto
Probably the best way of keeping up with your various interests and contacts etc
Easy to ignore boring people's lives

Last edited:
Something really dodgy happened with mine
I had just been on the phone to a roofer bloke i know for some work needing doing. I put the phone down and later that day he came through as a friend suggestion on FB....we have no mates in common and i dont know his and he doesnt know my second name.
I dont have my mobile number on there anarl.
I glanced up at a lasses bedroom just as she took her bra off
Pitch black ,light on curtains open
I looked up because I used to know her through my ex
Next day her husband came up as suggested friend

??

They got you backing Putin. Enough said.
Not wanting to destabilise a nuclear power and support are very different things.

So a site where you share yourself for likes is sharing your info ?
Shock horror
If anyone wants to see my holiday pics go for it
People don't seem to understand that we aren't Facebook's customers, we're the product.

In this case it wasn't Facebook doing it though, that's the issue.

Last edited:
People don't seem to understand that we aren't Facebook's customers, we're the product.

In this case it wasn't Facebook doing it though, that's the issue.[/QUOTE]

Can't see a big issue ,we are all in the cyber age one way or another and have little control of any of it so hardly worth worrying about

They got you backing Putin. Enough said.
Your posts sound like the mad one in the AA meeting warning us about the aliens coming

Can't see a big issue ,we are all in the cyber age one way or another and have little control of any of it so hardly worth worrying about
It's probably going to come down to a data protection issue. How much responsibility should Facebook have when it comes to third party apps, should it have done more to ensure the data was deleted back in 2015 etc.

I imagine at the time Facebook's problem with it was that people were using their product (our information) without paying for the privilege.

Back