Facebook

Is this mumsnet?

No really, I generally know the cunty ones. It won’t spoil my day ta, I’ve got a lot more shit going on in the real world for that. I do think, however, that you didn’t really mean it. I did when I wished you all the best. I’m canny genuine.

So, can any non-c unts let me know if my information on private Facebook groups is being farmed?

Ta very much

More than likely, its still a social media site known for selling information to advertisers. One way or another FB will be using your data whether its a private group or not.

Wouldn't trust a person who wasn't. Would think they were up to something.

It's not, hope that helps.

That helps a lot. Thank you. Although I see you're having a bit of a spat with miladdo there so not sure if you're in a mood and being a bit funny like self proclaimed cuntychops earlier.

Come to think of it I'm not sure I give two fucks anyhoo, about the info, not your spat. I already have life insurance companies bombarding me. When I mentioned my non-eligibility, as I always do, to one keen-for-his-commission type, he quick as a flash offered me a funeral plan.

More than likely, its still a social media site known for selling information to advertisers. One way or another FB will be using your data whether its a private group or not.

Ohh. Well they're selling duff information based on the calls I get for life insurance but thanks anyway.

Last edited:
That helps a lot. Thank you. Although I see you're having a bit of a spat with miladdo there so not sure if you're in a mood and being a bit funny like self proclaimed cuntychops earlier.

Come to think of it I'm not sure I give two fucks anyhoo, about the info, not your spat. I already have life insurance companies bombarding me. When I mentioned my non-eligibility, as I always do, to one keen-for-his-commission type, he quick as a flash offered me a funeral plan.
Honest answer marra.

Unless you took the personality test only stuff a friend could see will be picked up.

From what I've read data from the personality test created psychological profiles of users that took the test, and their friends, to target ads in the run up to the US election.

This seems to summarise it well without being too OTT:
The Cambridge Analytica Facebook data breach explained

Honest answer marra.

Unless you took the personality test only stuff a friend could see will be picked up.

From what I've read data from the personality test created psychological profiles of users that took the test, and their friends, to target ads in the run up to the US election.

This seems to summarise it well without being too OTT:
The Cambridge Analytica Facebook data breach explained

Ok cheers marra. I can say with absolute conviction I have never offered up any info through any tests.

It always interests me seeing people on here complain about facebook. The only people I know who post a lot of crap on facebook are older people and I guess that fits the demographic of this place. I'd say that most millennial's (or at least people my age) have stopped posting things on Facebook and only really use messenger. My facebook is actually pretty free from food posts or long boring posts about complaining about stuff.

It always interests me seeing people on here complain about facebook. The only people I know who post a lot of crap on facebook are older people and I guess that fits the demographic of this place. I'd say that most millennial's (or at least people my age) have stopped posting things on Facebook and only really use messenger. My facebook is actually pretty free from food posts or long boring posts about complaining about stuff.

all i ever use it for now is wanking over my lasses mates pictures

Ok cheers marra. I can say with absolute conviction I have never offered up any info through any tests.
Sure some will disagree but it seems like a storm in a teacup to me.

It's not a data breach on Facebook's part as far as I can tell. It's users giving a third party app permissions that they probably shouldn't have.

What the third party was shady, however, I'm curious to see whether Facebook dealt with it correctly (meaning within applicable laws rather than morally).

Part of me can't help but think the biggest issue Facebook would have had is that the company got data and charged for a service they would have wanted to be paid for.

It probably was when you created the thread. It was mainly in tech news over the weekend and yesterday though.

Front page of the been now and Zuckerberg is getting summoned to Commons.

Brilliant news, he has misled them apparently. surprise surprise.

For the record I did join facebook in the early days but deleted my account after I noticed suspicious activity. Seems I was right.

I had an advert pop up the other day for something that I would never have searched for or been interested in however someone had mentioned it in a messenger group. Might have been a coincidence but I wouldn't be surprised if they are scanning messenger as well as your main Facebook account.

Back