Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had an advert pop up the other day for something that I would never have searched for or been interested in however someone had mentioned it in a messenger group. Might have been a coincidence but I wouldn't be surprised if they are scanning messenger as well as your main Facebook account.

Wouldnt surprise me at all.

Something really dodgy happened with mine
I had just been on the phone to a roofer bloke i know for some work needing doing. I put the phone down and later that day he came through as a friend suggestion on FB....we have no mates in common and i dont know his and he doesnt know my second name.
I dont have my mobile number on there anarl.

I had just been on the phone to a roofer bloke i know for some work needing doing. I put the phone down and later that day he came through as a friend suggestion on FB....we have no mates in common and i dont know his and he doesnt know my second name.

Your facebook app will have access to your call list on your phone. It will have then matched your call to his mobile number with his account... voila - friend suggestion.

You're probably wrong there.

Or the mobile app can see your number and other contacts.

Although, the younger generation are the ones who DONT use facebook as it is seen as a Social Network for older people... the highest % of facebook users is 35 - 54y olds. Under 35s use Instagram.

Snapchat is a big one for millennial's I think as well. My little brother (15) has Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter but not Facebook. I (22) have Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and every pal I know bar myself has Snapchat. My Mum and Dad just have Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back