Facebook

Or convenient, all a matter of perspective.

I'm pretty sure you can still use the app without giving it access to your contacts.

I remember at one time by default facebook imported all your contacts before they got attacked for that also.

Bottom line is they are dodgy as fuck, as a matter of principal I would never go on there.

Although, the younger generation are the ones who DONT use facebook as it is seen as a Social Network for older people... the highest % of facebook users is 35 - 54y olds. Under 35s use Instagram.
Correct ,kids have a Facebook persona for their parents and Gannies etc ,then on Instagram and especially Snapchat share pictures of themselves what they don’t want parents to see.

Honest answer marra.

Unless you took the personality test only stuff a friend could see will be picked up.

From what I've read data from the personality test created psychological profiles of users that took the test, and their friends, to target ads in the run up to the US election.

This seems to summarise it well without being too OTT:
The Cambridge Analytica Facebook data breach explained

Caught up with it on the news anarl cheers. Looks canny serious, The Chief of the Cambridge lot, Alexander Nix Data I think will be his name soon, downplaying their role and talking about hyperbole, when they were caught out talking about honey traps.

Caught up with it on the news anarl cheers. Looks canny serious, The Chief of the Cambridge lot, Alexander Nix Data I think will be his name soon, downplaying their role and talking about hyperbole, when they were caught out talking about honey traps.

Yep, its very serious stuff. Many heads will roll.

Who the hell uses Facebook anyway? It's for sadsacks looking at photos of old school girls/boys wondering what if.

The 00's will be remembered as the decade when a bunch of nobheads handed over their identity and personal details on the internet to anyone that wanted it.

To be fair I don't think the yooof will give a shit.
To be fair it doesn't seem too far away from how facebook or Google target advertising anyway.

How this Cambridge lot got the information was shady (and against Facebook's TOS, which is why it got pulled back in 2015). The way it used the information play on people's fears and influence an election just seems like a refined version of what already happens to me.

To be fair it doesn't seem too far away from how facebook or Google target advertising anyway.

How this Cambridge lot got the information was shady (and against Facebook's TOS, which is why it got pulled back in 2015). The way it used the information play on people's fears and influence an election just seems like a refined version of what already happens to me.

100% mate, the amount of info folk freely & knowingly give away on their accounts is more worrying to me. This just seems like an extension of targeted advertising and I'm betting the real story is due to it surrounding Trumps campaign, not peoples privacy.

100% mate, the amount of info folk freely & knowingly give away on their accounts is more worrying to me. This just seems like an extension of targeted advertising and I'm betting the real story is due to it surrounding Trumps campaign, not peoples privacy.
I accept that if I'm posting something on Facebook I'm probably going to get ads related to it. I don't find that sinister at all. I've only posted to my wall twice in the last six months though so it doesn't really affect me.

We get targetted ads on this site (unless you are part of the Contributior Master Race or use an ad blocker).

I genuinely think we get that Muslim dating one from the amount of threads about "f***ing Muslims".

I accept that if I'm posting something on Facebook I'm probably going to get ads related to it. I don't find that sinister at all. I've only posted to my wall twice in the last six months though so it doesn't really affect me.

We get targetted ads on this site (unless you are part of the Contributior Master Race or use an ad blocker).

I genuinely think we get that Muslim dating one from the amount of threads about "f***ing Muslims".

It's a lazy way to target people, but you can easily have ads appear depending on keywords (muslim) on a page someone's looked at.

Shite method as this site proves.

delete your account before its too late mate, you've already been defending Putin and the Russians have thousands of people deployed to manipulate muppets like you

Who the hell uses Facebook anyway? It's for sadsacks looking at photos of old school girls/boys wondering what if.

The 00's will be remembered as the decade when a bunch of nobheads handed over their identity and personal details on the internet to anyone that wanted it.

Me marra.

Almost exclusively for a private invitation only group called Shine - Young Adults (20s, 30s, 40s) With Cancer.

Only just young enough, but it’s been a massively helpful resource and has given me loads of info on standing a better chance to get referred for the one long and complex operation that will give me the curative option, while still slim, that the chemo currently being pumped into my heart, most certainly won’t.

I want no sympathy, I appreciate the support on here more than I can say after ‘coming out’ in January following a year of old fashioned secrecy.

But I don’t think of myself as a sadsack or a nobhead truth be told.

Back