F1 2024

I still think F1 needs a clear out.

I would allow Lewis and Fernando a pass but Ricciardo, Bottas, Perez, Magnusson and Hulkenburg would get bumped. We need some new blood to swap a bit of paintwork and shake things up.

It is looking like Mercedes are going to put on their big boy pants on and put the young lad in the car next season rather than the Bee Keeper.

I would allow Lewis and Fernando a pass but Ricciardo, Bottas, Perez, Magnusson and Hulkenburg would get bumped. We need some new blood to swap a bit of paintwork and shake things up.

It is looking like Mercedes are going to put on their big boy pants on and put the young lad in the car next season rather than the Bee Keeper.
It's been stale for ages with the same drivers, and same driver lineups in some teams

If anything, it'll be at Williams.

It's been stale for ages with the same drivers, and same driver lineups in some teams
And this is what happens when there's only 10 and not 13 teams on the grid.

Can't believe they're changing the concord agreement to make it a 10 team sport permanently. Its already shit that they've totally ignored the current agreement that states 10 is the minimum and the optimal is 12.

And this is what happens when there's only 10 and not 13 teams on the grid.

Can't believe they're changing the concord agreement to make it a 10 team sport permanently. Its already shit that they've totally ignored the current agreement that states 10 is the minimum and the optimal is 12.
Andretti has no chance of getting in at this rate

Think Hulk will be off to Sauber/Audi for next year

If they want 12 teams on the grid, they need to make the cars smaller. How soon can they do that? 2027?
They don't want it though. They're literally changing the rules now to prevent it happening, as it just turns out that the prize pool now makes all 10 teams profitable.

08.00 start on Sunday morning.

I’m getting up to watch. I am hoping for a strong performance from Ferrari and hopefully Mercedes can make their car work.

I appreciate that this is an F1 thread, but has anyone tried to watch the WEC yet?

For me it's a good commentator and some better on-screen graphics away from being a real rival to F1. There doesn't seem as much moment to moment excitement for the viewer (I mean it's a six hour+ race, so that's kind of expected); but where it really falls down is trying to track who's doing what on track. There's already three categories to keep an eye on; but there's little information about gaps between cars, so it's hard to follow particular battles unless they're being shown on screen.
If they want 12 teams on the grid, they need to make the cars smaller. How soon can they do that? 2027?
30+ cars on the WEC grid; 100+ drivers

Back