F1 2024

Totally agree.

People will think I have an agenda against Ricciardo at this point, and I suppose I kind of do :lol:

But I posted the below a few weeks ago:

Since leaving Red Bull, Ricciardo's average finishing position has been 10th (Renault), 7th (Renault), 8th (McLaren), 11.6 (McLaren), 12.7 (AlphaTauri), 13.6 (RB).

His average qualifying position during that time has been 10.6, 7.5, 9.7, 11, 13 and 15.

He's 34 now and will be 35 in the summer and has been on a steady downward progression in terms of both finishes and qualifying positions for almost 6 years.
I think Daniel is done as far as a consistent top finisher is concerned. He is a clever bloke he will know this too. But once ya out, ya out. Comebacks do happen but they are rarely successful.

Helmut making his mouth go again today, reckons they’ve attempted to sign Sainz for Red Bull but that Audi have offered a sh1t load of money to go to Sauber…

Helmut making his mouth go again today, reckons they’ve attempted to sign Sainz for Red Bull but that Audi have offered a sh1t load of money to go to Sauber…

Apart from the obvious ($) why would Sainz go to Red Bull? Other than not being allowed to win he would have to face the Jos mindfuck and what looks like some lowdown and dirty internal politics. Sauber may be the better bet.

Apart from the obvious ($) why would Sainz go to Red Bull? Other than not being allowed to win he would have to face the Jos mindfuck and what looks like some lowdown and dirty internal politics. Sauber may be the better bet.
Sauber ain’t gonna win. Sainz is good enough to be world champion given the right car.

I think he has been treated shabbily by Ferrari and I’m a Lewis fan.

It depends how much money Audi throw at it. Remember it's new regs in 2026 and if Audi have recruited the right people to develop the engine and chassis they could be competitive.
It’s unlikely they will be successful for a few seasons. They won’t have any historical data no matter how much money they throw at it.

F1 has always moved in dynasties.

Not always, but I take your point.

I still think Sainz joining Red Bull would be a bad move for him. Audi would be a free hit.
I think he could easily be a real challenge for Max so that rules Red Bull out.

McLaren have a young settled driver line up.

Aston are done.

Mercedes look like they will bit the bullet and go for their young star

He really is running out of options.

Back