F1 2023

Andretti are back, this time with GM (cadillac brand)... sounds like the FIA are keen, see what the other teams think... can see the FIA\Liberty both wanting an All American team with the way things are been going over there.

Andretti are back, this time with GM (cadillac brand)... sounds like the FIA are keen, see what the other teams think... can see the FIA\Liberty both wanting an All American team with the way things are been going over there.
FIA have put a shout out for expressions of interest, to look to increase the grid by 1 or 2 teams. Finally.
I hate how F1 became a franchise quitely via the back door.

Let’s hope the Mercedes boffins have had a good winter

And Ferrari and McLaren and Williams,

I think we all know where this is going…………….

Think I saw an article that said the majority of teams didn’t want Andretti/Cadillac to join.

Think I saw an article that said the majority of teams didn’t want Andretti/Cadillac to join.
I believe the core issue is that the prize pot is currently divided by 10, whereas a division of 11 means less money for everyone.

The $200m entry fee was supposed to offset this, I suspect that in the current climate a tenth of $200m doesn’t cut the mustard for 8 of the 10 teams.

The Andretti thing is a f***ing disgrace.
Everyone signed up to a contract where the desired number of teams is 12, but there is a $200m entry fee to create the 11th and 12th teams. (Actually, its 13 teams, but with a caveat note meaning that can't happen at this time)

We've had a few mooted new teams, and the story has been "well, we really want serious players". Andretti Motorsport company is absolute top tier, no question about it.
But they knock him back - hinting F1 really only wants these new teams to be car manufacturers.

So Andretti bring f***ing General Motors onboard as a partnership - basically the biggest car maker there is in the world.

F1's response? Oh, that entry fee is $800m now.

Get absolutely fucked.

Side note: Did anyone else not watch Drive to Survive last season? I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.

The Andretti thing is a f***ing disgrace.
Everyone signed up to a contract where the desired number of teams is 12, but there is a $200m entry fee to create the 11th and 12th teams. (Actually, its 13 teams, but with a caveat note meaning that can't happen at this time)

We've had a few mooted new teams, and the story has been "well, we really want serious players". Andretti Motorsport company is absolute top tier, no question about it.
But they knock him back - hinting F1 really only wants these new teams to be car manufacturers.

So Andretti bring f***ing General Motors onboard as a partnership - basically the biggest car maker there is in the world.

F1's response? Oh, that entry fee is $800m now.

Get absolutely fucked.

Side note: Did anyone else not watch Drive to Survive last season? I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.
I watched about 10 minutes of episode 1, got fed up of the contrived storylines and realised it would only get worse so fucked it off. Won't even start this latest one.

They’re being weirdly snooty about that GM deal too. In effect it’ll be a rebadged Renault power unit & that’s upsetting people… but it was ok for Red Bull & TAG to do that? So what’s the beef here?

Back