F1 2022

I said this might happen, rumours of Brawn to Ferrari as TP.

I don't think it'll happen though, why would you want to run that mess? Also, the other teams would have a fit, since he's seen everyone's designs in full detail.

I don't think it'll happen though, why would you want to run that mess? Also, the other teams would have a fit, since he's seen everyone's designs in full detail.
The whinging from Karen would be amusing, but might also have some merit on this occasion given the knowledge he has gained of other teams. There must be some temptation for him to return though, especially if he believe he could help return the team to its glory days when he was last there.

Big shock and a huge surprise if true. I for one will be sad to see him go. It was bad luck that undid the hard work put in by Charles and Carlos during races.

And the fact other teams were better than Ferrari. How can you be expected to be better if others are better than you? No point in trying if you know others are that much better than you already. Ferrari would have had a chance to be better in 2022 were it not for the fact RBR and Mercedes were better than Ferrari this year. Had they not been so good I think Ferrari would have seen more wins.

That said I am hoping Horner and Wolff will now have a sleepless night knowing Ferrari are trying to do something positive to get back to where they were meant to be. Fighting to get on to the podium. If it means getting rid of people then so be it.

Big shock and a huge surprise if true. I for one will be sad to see him go. It was bad luck that undid the hard work put in by Charles and Carlos during races.

And the fact other teams were better than Ferrari. How can you be expected to be better if others are better than you? No point in trying if you know others are that much better than you already. Ferrari would have had a chance to be better in 2022 were it not for the fact RBR and Mercedes were better than Ferrari this year. Had they not been so good I think Ferrari would have seen more wins.

That said I am hoping Horner and Wolff will now have a sleepless night knowing Ferrari are trying to do something positive to get back to where they were meant to be. Fighting to get on to the podium. If it means getting rid of people then so be it.
I think this has been on the cards for a while. Ferrari had a decent car this year and 2 fantastic drivers. Some serious strategic errors cost them and as the boss Mattia is ultimately responsible.

why would you want to run that mess?

Same reason why any manager in football is appointed by a failing club…to not make a failing club. You get it now? Coaches, managers, principals, they are all appointed to try make a team or player better. To bring success.

Do you think everyone who thinks that they can improve something or someone should just forget it because they are ‘a mess’? Rather defeats the object of the game for people who are in the business in sport of improving a player or team. If you don’t want Ferrari to do well next year just say so.

Last edited:

Struggling to see how Merc were better than Ferrari this year, just looking at results and the constructors table.

Struggling to see how Merc were better than Ferrari this year, just looking at results and the constructors table.

Did Hamilton or Russell ever get a DNF this year? At least Mercedes were able to keep both cats on the track in a lot of the races. I am sure Mercedes never failed to finish a race or finished higher than Ferrari in a lot of the races.

Last edited:

Could just be imagining it but don't they need to sit out for a year or 18 months if you come from a role within FIA or you've seen all the other plans?

Interesting read, Horrible to read. But Interesting too. But in both cases I believe Binotto, Ferrari and the drivers thought that the decision they took was the correct one. I don't think they would have done it had they known it was going to be the wrong decision. If you knew a car was a dangerous one, would you get in and drive it? If you knew a dog was agressive, would youy buy it and own it? I am sure a risk assessment would have been taken. It would have been stupid not to. It was just unfortunate that the decison they took in a race turned out to be the wrong one.

Interesting read, Horrible to read. But Interesting too. But in both cases I believe Binotto, Ferrari and the drivers thought that the decision they took was the correct one. I don't think they would have done it had they known it was going to be the wrong decision. If you knew a car was a dangerous one, would you get in and drive it? If you knew a dog was agressive, would youy buy it and own it? I am sure a risk assessment would have been taken. It would have been stupid not to. It was just unfortunate that the decison they took in a race turned out to be the wrong one.
SSBC matey you need to sometimes look past the love you have for the team and realise that they could and should've done better
We all would have loved to see Ferrari challenge RBR a lot more and to be honest they should've been right up there all races but they did make some pretty crazy decisions at times. The drivers are pretty much at the mercy of the strategist once the race is underway and they're in a battle, obviously taking away the on track battles.
Next season I really would love to see Merc, RBR & Ferrari challenging every race right until the last race of the season, would be even better to have McLaren and others in the mix too.

Back