F1 2023

If you can, try getting a look of the last two laps of today's Formula Regional Middle East. Extraordinary is a word used far too often, but very fitting for this. On and off the track it kicked off!

If you can, try getting a look of the last two laps of today's Formula Regional Middle East. Extraordinary is a word used far too often, but very fitting for this. On and off the track it kicked off!
Skip to 39mins I'm guessing?
haha, wtf?

I thought the last lap banner came up out of nowhere, rather than as the leaders crossed the line when the time ran out.
But it was pretty obvious straightaway that the field hadn't slowed down after the "finish".

Last edited:
Skip to 39mins I'm guessing?
haha, wtf?

I thought the last lap banner came up out of nowhere, rather than as the leaders crossed the line when the time ran out.
But it was pretty obvious straightaway that the field hadn't slowed down after the "finish".

Haven't watched that yet but funnily enough just saw this today on the F1 YouTube Channel. I had no idea that they waved the chequered flag one lap early, Ocon's engineer and Bono didn't have a scooby what was going on!

Skip to 13:25

I had no idea that they waved the chequered flag one lap early, Ocon's engineer and Bono didn't have a scooby what was going on!
that was part of the whole carry on where le clerc was still in the hunt for the title, that max didnt have enough points due to the number of laps raced vrs the % of points given out... ended up that he was interviewed by Herbert at the end saying we fight on to the next race, then while interviewing the rest of the podium f1 get max back so that Herbert can tell him he's just won the world title [for the first time]... ;)

Intriguing little experiment for a couple of grand prix weekends in 2023. During qualifying it will be hard compound only for Q1, mediums for Q2, and softs for Q3. If it's successful it'll be trialled further at more GP weekends in 2024.

Intriguing little experiment for a couple of grand prix weekends in 2023. During qualifying it will be hard compound only for Q1, mediums for Q2, and softs for Q3. If it's successful it'll be trialled further at more GP weekends in 2024.

Just takes away the risk when a top team puts on a medium in Q2 to save a set of softs for the race? Qualifying works as it is now, they just need to sort out the queues at places like Monza. If they want more tyre compounds to be used just make them use all 3 in the race.

Very interesting
Just takes away the risk when a top team puts on a medium in Q2 to save a set of softs for the race? Qualifying works as it is now, they just need to sort out the queues at places like Monza. If they want more tyre compounds to be used just make them use all 3 in the race.
Also, quite often teams never use the hard tyres in practice. So this means they'll know more about them

Back