F1 2023

(I didn't realise there was a new thread, so copying and pasting this from what I just posted before in the 2022 thread)

Binotto was an engineer there for years (albeit a good one and headed up the engine department during the 00's domination period). He must have clearly been decent at that job. Was silly to panic promote him to team leader.

Ferrari need to stop hiring yes men from within the company, the last handful have now failed; Mattiacci (I had to google him as I'd almost forgotten he was there just for 1 season!), Arrivabene and now Binotto.

Need to hire senior people from outside the organisation who are prepared to shake things up, be bold and take a bit flak in the process (such as what Todt and Brawn did), otherwise they'll just bob about as 2nd/3rd best for years.

Last edited:
(I didn't realise there was a new thread, so copying and pasting this from what I just posted before in the 2022 thread)

Binotto was an engineer there for years (albeit a good one and headed up the engine department during the 00's domination period). He must have clearly been decent at that job. Was silly to panic promote him to team leader.

Ferrari need to stop hiring yes men from within the company, the last handful have now failed; Mattiacci (I had to google him as I'd almost forgotten he was there just for 1 season!), Arrivabene and now Binotto.

Need to hire senior people from outside the organisation who are prepared to shake things up, be bold and take a bit flak in the process (such as what Todt and Brawn did), otherwise they'll just bob about as 2nd/3rd best for years.
THOR

:D

There's a canny new series on BBC Sounds about the 2007 Ferrari/Mclaren Spygate scandal for anyone interested.

Yeah I stuck it in here, well worth a listen.

Back