F1 2020

fw11, fw11b, fw14 & fw14b are easily my personal favourite f1 cars by a mile...

i get why mp4/4 or the lotus 72/78/79 are important cars, but there's something of my youth seeing mansell in those two williams cars (brands 86 & silverstone 87/91/92)...
It was a great time for the whole F1 grid. Some amazing machinery on display.

I'm re-watching the 2016 season. I forgot how much shit luck lewis had in the first few races.
was that when the engine let go when leading in Malaysia?
It was a great time for the whole F1 grid. Some amazing machinery on display.
i had on vhs the 86 season review which was voiced by clive james, nearly wore that tape out. wonder if its on youtube?

Last edited:
was that when the engine let go when leading in Malaysia?

i had on vhs the 86 season review which was voiced by clive james, nearly wore that tape out. wonder if its on youtube?

im only upto baku. im not bothering with quali, the download was just the races and that was 250gb so im having to figure out why he's nowhere near the front when starting. I mean he's p10 to start here. I don't dare google it because i cant remember the result so googling it will likely give me the winner.

F1 are streaming the 86 Australian GP tonight. Tempted to watch it for the dulcet tones of Murray and James Hunt.
im only upto baku. im not bothering with quali, the download was just the races and that was 250gb so im having to figure out why he's nowhere near the front when starting. I mean he's p10 to start here. I don't dare google it because i cant remember the result so googling it will likely give me the winner.
Spoiler free qualifying report.

Lewis Hamilton has 'worst qualifying session' at European GP in Azerbaijan - Lewis Hamilton has 'worst qualifying session' at European GP in Azerbaijan

Last edited:
can't see canada happening... if silverstone is off then april will have been a v.bad month for the nhs.
Don’t think neither of them will go ahead
There's no way the British GP is going ahead.
They'll have to come up with a very clever calendar if they think there's any chance of more than half the races actually happening after July this year.
Already said they declare a season if they have 8 races minimum

Already said they declare a season if they have 8 races minimum
I think 10 will be do-able regardless. Hotter places have a much longer window to get their races in. And if they do Practise on Saturday, and then Quali Sun-morning, and Race on the afternoon, then its not so taxing on the teams if they need to race almost every weekend for 8 weeks or so. Logistics will still be a gigantic challenge though.

I'm re-watching the 2016 season. I forgot how much shit luck lewis had in the first few races.

Rosberg goes on about beating Lewis and winning and i bate it he licked his way to title and i do t think passed Lewis on the track ( for a win or anything significant ) all year and the bottles his way to retirement

Rosberg goes on about beating Lewis and winning and i bate it he licked his way to title and i do t think passed Lewis on the track ( for a win or anything significant ) all year and the bottles his way to retirement

even in this one there is the stupid radio rule, Lewis has an engine problem but doesn't know how to fix it and they cant tell him.

Rosberg was so lucky its almost unbelievable. Everyone knows it. And he quit so he'd never have to do it again & he knew he couldn't.

I womder if any of the other teams are taking the opportunity to design and develop their own version of DAS? They might not be able to get to the factories to build, but all the CAD work etc can still be done. As they are allowed to run with it next season it makes sense to try if they can.

I womder if any of the other teams are taking the opportunity to design and develop their own version of DAS? They might not be able to get to the factories to build, but all the CAD work etc can still be done. As they are allowed to run with it next season it makes sense to try if they can.
mclaren have put a lot of their back-end staff on furlough by all accounts, so maybes not them... although they're big operation it might not be the engineering but more the race day team.

Back