F1 2020

F1 saying season start date expected end of may, you would imagine the summer break will be cancelled and they will try to reschedule some races in that time

I don't think they need to do that, just cancel races for a month or two, and hopefully the situation has changed by then, then just have less races in the championship.
Formula E have suspended for 2 months, no doubt the situation will be assessed towards the end of the suspension to see if it needs extending.

i could imagine somewhere like monaco would want that...

This aye, if they scrapped the August break you can bet Monaco would be top of the queue to get a rearranged August slot. There is a 4 week break between Budapest and Spa so potentially they could squeeze 2 Europe races into that period to make what is left of the season have a decent number of races (15ish). Maybe even stick another currently cancelled long haul one in the weekend after Abu Dhabi...

.......but as Brawn says it would depend on logistics as it's far from easy to just make Calendar changes willy nilly given the mass of personnel and gear to shift about, not to mention Contracts (maybe Abu Dhabi has special rights to be the season finale for instance?)

Potentially all fantasy but we'll see what unfolds.

I just feel that a season with say 10 races, worst case, would be a farce and perhaps then they'd have to consider holding the remaining races as non championship ones...although as mentioned previously on here they would effectively just be treat by teams as testing sessions for 2021....

Last edited:
Rumours they’re going to cancel the French GP cause it’s shit

Can they take Spain, Azerbaijan and Monaco with it? Don’t like the current schedule - that section of the season looks terrible. Zandzoort by all accounts looks similar as well
personally - i can't see any races before june... more likely to be austria if i was gonna guess a start date...

Logon or register to see this image

This feels about right. Mid June orso for a start may be plausible.

Can they take Spain, Azerbaijan and Monaco with it? Don’t like the current schedule - that section of the season looks terrible. Zandzoort by all accounts looks similar as well

For all they’re not the best I don’t mind them. Spain and Baku are usually a steady temperature which makes them predictable. The tracks themselves aren’t too bad.

I like Monaco for how challenging it is. It should be the season opener though. Before people really get to grips with their car they have the tightest street circuit to contend with.

They've got a perfect opportunity to get rid of the shit circuits now and just keep the good ones. Lose Bahrain, Singapore and Abu Dhabi first and foremost, then clear out France, Spain and Russia if they need more space on the calendar.

They've got a perfect opportunity to get rid of the shit circuits now and just keep the good ones. Lose Bahrain, Singapore and Abu Dhabi first and foremost, then clear out France, Spain and Russia if they need more space on the calendar.

Bahrain’s a pretty decent track in fairness. Not sure they can just pick and choose like that, just gonna be a case of racing wherever they can and cancelling where you can’t, just becomes a function of time and luck

Bahrain’s a pretty decent track in fairness. Not sure they can just pick and choose like that, just gonna be a case of racing wherever they can and cancelling where you can’t, just becomes a function of time and luck
Just an ideal world scenario really, I know it won't happen like that unfortunately.

I disagree about Bahrain though, I can't think of any good races there and like they did with the other floodlit races, put it under lights in the hope people wouldn't notice the poor racing because of the floodlight gimmick.

Just an ideal world scenario really, I know it won't happen like that unfortunately.

I disagree about Bahrain though, I can't think of any good races there and like they did with the other floodlit races, put it under lights in the hope people wouldn't notice the poor racing because of the floodlight gimmick.
Hamilton v Rosberg in 2014 was a pretty good race

Quite possible to do all the European races back to back if they can be arranged.

Could even cut the weekend schedule if needed. Saturday practice, Sunday morning quali, race afternoon.
Get rid of Friday practice altogether, let them have a quick session to get the cars somewhere near and force them to adapt through qualifying.

Back