F1 2020

I know it is mentioned in the article, but my first thought was, wasn't he forced to share his shares in Williams?

It does explain more about the pink Mercedes.
I don’t know if it was forced to sell by regulations, or forced to sell for his own financial setup. The f1 podcast with him a year ago was fascinating in that I didn’t know his background was really as a financial investor, buy into shit like this is more of his day job than running an F1 team...

It also says there that Daimler have an investment in Aston too...
Ooooh, wasn't it all crackpot rumours only a month ago that Toto would get involved in Aston?
Yep, not crackpot then. That crackpot rumour about a two race silverstone weekend behind closed doors might have more substance than I thought too...

Last edited:
Silly season is starting.

€40 million a year down to €12 million a year... however much we all know he will never win another championship and is being eclipsed by his teammate... is a massive fuck-you offer.

Leclerc just signed for five years at a reported €8-9 million a year so it would hardly be inequitable in the cold light of day, for an erratic and inconsistent driver who last won a championship seven years ago.

€40 million a year down to €12 million a year... however much we all know he will never win another championship and is being eclipsed by his teammate... is a massive fuck-you offer.

Leclerc just signed for five years at a reported €8-9 million a year so it would hardly be inequitable in the cold light of day, for an erratic and inconsistent driver who last won a championship seven years ago.

Vettel negotiated a good contract when he went there but he was a 4 time champion so it's not surprising really.

His form since has been fairly typical of a big name at Ferrari as the seemingly endless bureaucracy and plain old f*ck ups destroys his motivation.

He's not the first to seek hero status at Ferrari and end up with a tarnished reputation.

He'll not be the last.

If max verstappen could get in a Mercedes he’d be champion. I wonder if toto has tried to get Horner to let him go for a massive fee. (Plus bottas to red bull)

Now red bull are linked to Aston and toto has just acquired a stake in Aston hmmmm

It would not go down well with Lewis I would imagine

lewis won't be round forever, and how old is max?
Max is 22, Lewis is 35.

The thing is, Lewis is at worst maintaining his standards, or depending how you see his style changing, it is still improving.

Look back at the teams who had two number one drivers, and it doesn't end well.

Max is 22, Lewis is 35.

The thing is, Lewis is at worst maintaining his standards, or depending how you see his style changing, it is still improving.

Look back at the teams who had two number one drivers, and it doesn't end well.
Lewis has improved on his consistency, his ability to pick up points. He's only marginally lost a tiny bit out outright pace as far as I can tell.
BUT. That could happen at any time at his age. But he's mega fit, and he has other interests that he's shown do not distract him from F1 - so he can do F1 as well as the other things he wants to do, rather than having to leave F1 to do them, as others have done.

Its very interesting to see how long Lewis hangs around. I suspect the answer will be "until he doesn't have a very very good car under him that can allow him to win championships". And with the new regs being pushed back a year, that's this season and next that he's probably going to have the best overall package....

Max hasn't proved anything. Yet. He does look bloody good though.

If max verstappen could get in a Mercedes he’d be champion. I wonder if toto has tried to get Horner to let him go for a massive fee. (Plus bottas to red bull)

Now red bull are linked to Aston and toto has just acquired a stake in Aston hmmmm

It would not go down well with Lewis I would imagine

I honestly don't believe Merc will have seriously looked at other drivers for years.

Bottas is the perfect number 2 for them and there's no way they'd risk upsetting their current number 1, the six time world champion.

Hamilton could completely eclipse Schumacher by the time he hangs up his gloves, he's that good

Lewis has improved on his consistency, his ability to pick up points. He's only marginally lost a tiny bit out outright pace as far as I can tell.
BUT. That could happen at any time at his age. But he's mega fit, and he has other interests that he's shown do not distract him from F1 - so he can do F1 as well as the other things he wants to do, rather than having to leave F1 to do them, as others have done.

Its very interesting to see how long Lewis hangs around. I suspect the answer will be "until he doesn't have a very very good car under him that can allow him to win championships". And with the new regs being pushed back a year, that's this season and next that he's probably going to have the best overall package....

Max hasn't proved anything. Yet. He does look bloody good though.
I think the answer is once he is introduced as "The 8 time World Champion", which as has been said could well be next season while Merc are still likely to have the best car on the grid.

Back