F1 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless its what I think it is, its a complete disgrace.

What I think it could be: Ferrari found a tiny loophole that was never exactly covered by the technical directive / clarifications during the season, but were in a bit of a grey area - so Ferrari backed out of the exploit towards the end of the season - hence we we saw them drop off.
FIA don't want to tell everyone what it was as it might actually be very difficult to police going forwards, so they don't want everyone else to look into doing something similar or even using the technique elsewhere.

Its a strange one, either way. I can't say I like it at all.
I remember ted kravitz or somebody like that mentioning that they believed ferrari had found a way of confusing or tricking the fuel flow meter in the engine allowing them to use more fuel. Teams complained and a second one was fitted in an area that ferrari couldnt take advantage of and suddenly their power dropped off.

Sounds like fia have since seized the engines and had a proper look through. The lack of clarity is a disgrace either like you said the fia have been caught out and are keeping it quiet or they know that ferrari didnt exactly do much before they got caught and since then look to be struggling anyway so they want to avoid the big circus of ferrari being caught cheating. I expect this will be swept under the carpet however it does explain why all the experts during testing confidentially think Ferrari are third fasted and could even be in trouble from racing point in the early races.

just seen the motogp thread about the qatar race being cancelled... the Australian GP must be on borrowed time reckon. gonna be a lot of staff travelling from italy, wonder if they aussies will let them in?

Reactions: PTR
just seen the motogp thread about the qatar race being cancelled... the Australian GP must be on borrowed time reckon. gonna be a lot of staff travelling from italy, wonder if they aussies will let them in?
They put out this morning its still all going ahead and are expecting team personnel to be arriving in the next couple of days.
Question is if say only ferrari cant make it would races be called off?

I remember ted kravitz or somebody like that mentioning that they believed ferrari had found a way of confusing or tricking the fuel flow meter in the engine allowing them to use more fuel. Teams complained and a second one was fitted in an area that ferrari couldnt take advantage of and suddenly their power dropped off.

Sounds like fia have since seized the engines and had a proper look through. The lack of clarity is a disgrace either like you said the fia have been caught out and are keeping it quiet or they know that ferrari didnt exactly do much before they got caught and since then look to be struggling anyway so they want to avoid the big circus of ferrari being caught cheating. I expect this will be swept under the carpet however it does explain why all the experts during testing confidentially think Ferrari are third fasted and could even be in trouble from racing point in the early races.

It'll be interesting to see where Ferrari are come the season opener, wherever it may be.

The whole expert opinion piece is always interesting at this time of year. They're desperate to talk any part of the the job up cos there's bot all else to say.

Ferrari were sand bagging last week now they're actually in trouble!

Whatevs

FIA up to their old tricks of helping Ferrari out

the whole fall out is a bit peculiar... its almost as if the fuel flow thing was definitely out of order, but because it didnt effect the outcome of the championship result but did add some much needed "drama" to a merc walk-in-the-park they decided it was an acceptable transgression as long as they don't do it again!?

if anything, its red bull who should be most pissed off.
Ferrari International Assistance
now now... :lol:

They order, but they're not delivered until shortly before the race, surely. By boat iirc.
Also, don't pirelli have a fair contingent of staff for the races?
Good point, but surely a multinational like them can get staff to put tyres on rims then fill them.

This is just one of a plethora of reasons why I was put off Formula One in the first place. This constant hounding of Scuderia Ferrari for supposed antics and tactics and yet say nothing about Mercedes F1 ruling the show for the last 7 years in both the Drivers title and Teams title winning virtually most races along the way.

Yeah, they have helped Scuderia Ferrari out these last 7 years really good, haven't they.

This is just one of a plethora of reasons why I was put off Formula One in the first place. This constant hounding of Scuderia Ferrari for supposed antics and tactics and yet say nothing about Mercedes F1 ruling the show for the last 7 years in both the Drivers title and Teams title winning virtually most races along the way.

Yeah, they have helped Scuderia Ferrari out these last 7 years really good, haven't they.
Maybe, just maybe, one team did things right and nailled it - and then another team did a poor job, as per usual, and then tried to cheat twice in 4 seasons and got caught out both times, yet zero punishment.

(Both times followed almost identical patterns too - first with the batteries, and then the fuel flow)
Maybe, just maybe, one team did things right and nailled it - and then another team did a poor job, as per usual, and then tried to cheat twice in 4 seasons and got caught out both times, yet zero punishment.

(Both times followed almost identical patterns too - first with the batteries, and then the fuel flow)

Edit: All while being paid 20% more than the team that beat them. For "reasons".
Yes, its Ferrari who are being victimised. By being let off with cheating, and then having cash shovelled at them for using red paint.

Last edited:

Exactly. If say McLaren had done the same as the red team, they'd be hung drawn and quartered.

Exactly. If say McLaren had done the same as the red team, they'd be hung drawn and quartered.
Someone changed teams and took some info with them (which happens ALL THE TIME - just that this guy got caught) - and McLaren lost their entire season and about $100m in cash. Ferrari actually cheated, twice, and zero punishment.

And I say twice as in, multiple races across 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back