F1 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone changed teams and took some info with them (which happens ALL THE TIME - just that this guy got caught) - and McLaren lost their entire season and about $100m in cash. Ferrari actually cheated, twice, and zero punishment.
The alleged quote about the fine was $1m for the offence, $99m because of Ron Dennis.

Also two other teams got some data, no punishment on them.

Maybe, just maybe, one team did things right and nailled it - and then another team did a poor job, as per usual, and then tried to cheat twice in 4 seasons and got caught out both times, yet zero punishment.

(Both times followed almost identical patterns too - first with the batteries, and then the fuel flow)

All while being paid 20% more than the team that beat them. For "reasons".
Yes, its Ferrari who are being victimised. By being let off with cheating, and then having cash shovelled at them for using red paint.

Are you the sort that believe it was Hitler who assassinated JFK or that the FBI have a secret base in the North Pole for monitoring Santa Claus and doing research as to why he likes to spend much time creeping into a house of a child who is at that moment sleeping and why it is no DBS check has been done on him?

This is just one of a plethora of reasons why I was put off Formula One in the first place. This constant hounding of Scuderia Ferrari for supposed antics and tactics and yet say nothing about Mercedes F1 ruling the show for the last 7 years in both the Drivers title and Teams title winning virtually most races along the way.

Yeah, they have helped Scuderia Ferrari out these last 7 years really good, haven't they.
It's the way they all repeat their mantra "Ferrari International Assistance" and genuinely believe it's the most original incisive comment ever. I'm a fan of neither team, but I love the sport and the politics and skulduggery has always been part of that

Mercedes F1 ruling the show for the last 7 years in both the Drivers title and Teams title winning virtually most races along the way
what rules have they broken in the last 7 years? what parts of their cars have they tampered with that the FIA have felt the need to slap them on the wrists over? genuine question in case i've forgotten...

Are you the sort that believe it was Hitler who assassinated JFK or that the FBI have a secret base in the North Pole for monitoring Santa Claus and doing research as to why he likes to spend much time creeping into a house of a child who is at that moment sleeping and why it is no DBS check has been done on him?
What the actual fuck :lol:

What rules have Mercedes broken in those last 7 years that has meant they have won the Championship if they hadn't?

mental

..but I love the sport and the politics and skulduggery has always been part of that

I don't know. Not this kind. Not to me. This is the sort that doesn't sit well with me. I do love it when the helmet's go on, the gloves go off and everyone has a bloody good fight (both on track and off track). That's what motorsport was all about in the beginning. I love it when teams try to 'push the envelop' and really get involved in a battle both on and away from the track. Too many rules and regs have ruined motorsport. But what definitive proof do people have that Ferrari cheat? I don't like the accusations if there is any chance that these accusations are unfounded and perhaps Ferrari are just trying to push the envelope.

I am willing to give anything one more chance and I am willing to get back into it. The coverage on Channel 4 has increased massively on last year. We will be getting far longer highlights in addition to the live races like the British GP - the one we all want to see. That puts a massive smile on my face. And whilst I don't think there is as many overtaking chances I think as in series like Formula E or the BTCC and whilst I do know there isn't as many different winners as in the BTCC (last season there was 14 different winners over the 30 rounds - Ok there is a different race format as there is 3 races per meeting) I won't give up entirely on F1. But the constant hounding of Scuderia Ferrari makes me sad.
what rules have they broken in the last 7 years? what parts of their cars have they tampered with that the FIA have felt the need to slap them on the wrists over? genuine question in case i've forgotten...

Not saying they have cheated. I am sure it is all legit. But the constant winning of both titles by Mercedes surely cannot be good for F1 either.

Last edited:
Unfortunately finding a car in front of them is a rarity.
I'm guessing you didn't watch it much last season then. We had some of the best races in years, yes there were some when one team dominated, not just Merc either, but so many had proper racing with the winning team actually having to work for it.

We may never know if Ferrari cheated last season, all we do know is that they were winning, then the FIA investigated them, suddenly they weren't fast any more. Now we hear that a confidential agreement has been reached with them. It's hardly surprising that people are reading between the lines. If everything they did was above board, why isn't it out in the open?

I'm guessing you didn't watch it much last season then. We had some of the best races in years, yes there were some when one team dominated, not just Merc either, but so many had proper racing with the winning team actually having to work for it.

We may never know if Ferrari cheated last season, all we do know is that they were winning, then the FIA investigated them, suddenly they weren't fast any more. Now we hear that a confidential agreement has been reached with them. It's hardly surprising that people are reading between the lines. If everything they did was above board, why isn't it out in the open?
For most of last season, the Merc was not the best car. Certainly not the best in both quali and the race.

Their teamwork was what won it for them. That and having the best driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back