F1 2020

Don't mind that at all - hopefully Lewis gets his 7th.

On another note i'm going to try and get to Silverstone & Monza this year - anyone on here go to the races in person?
Heading up to Canada and trying to convince the Mrs to give me a pass for the US or Mexico later in the year.

Just watched the first two episodes, classic moment... Steiner, again a star.
Same here. Some glimpses of the big two, but keeping to the midfield mainly so far.

Steiner is class.

The supplementary commentary is annoying. Finally remembered what it reminds me of. Dream Team. Harchester bloody United.

First half of the series seems to have gone more for the front of the grid. It is nice seeing Ferrari finally open up a little, but the strength of series 1 was that the midfield and dusty end of the grid got the spotlight.

Hopefully second half focus will shift.
Is there an F1 fantasy league this season?

Last edited:
Random story I’ve been reading. Williams GP owned a 1990 Ferrari...

Part of the $4m deal Ferrari paid them for Jean Alesi...

Logon or register to see this image
I'm lucky enough to have been to the museum at Grove, but too late to catch that. Interesting that it was a deal for the 1990 evolution of a 1989 car, done in 1991, but only delivered at the start of 1993. As if the FW14 and FW15 could learn anything from anyone, let alone a four year old Ferrari!

I'd like to think it was in the deal just for the love of the sport

Anyone else see the fia statement regarding ferrari engine last year? Mentioned that they had reached a settlement with the team which would remain private, but they and ferrari had agreed to additional monitoring of PU’s and ferrari will assist fia in research into carbon emissions and sustainable fuels. Sounds like it wasnt all above board and could explain their concerns about their lack of pace this year.

Anyone else see the fia statement regarding ferrari engine last year? Mentioned that they had reached a settlement with the team which would remain private, but they and ferrari had agreed to additional monitoring of PU’s and ferrari will assist fia in research into carbon emissions and sustainable fuels. Sounds like it wasnt all above board and could explain their concerns about their lack of pace this year.
Unless its what I think it is, its a complete disgrace.

What I think it could be: Ferrari found a tiny loophole that was never exactly covered by the technical directive / clarifications during the season, but were in a bit of a grey area - so Ferrari backed out of the exploit towards the end of the season - hence we we saw them drop off.
FIA don't want to tell everyone what it was as it might actually be very difficult to police going forwards, so they don't want everyone else to look into doing something similar or even using the technique elsewhere.

Its a strange one, either way. I can't say I like it at all.

Back