F1 2020

there is definitely more driver swapping at the lunch break this year than in any previous year. Probably the physicality of doing 120+ laptops in one did is too much so splitting means you can get through 150+ with each driver only doing a race distance a bit.
Testing a lot shorter this year too, so that maybe has something to do with it

Haven't been looking at the F1 yet this year - how do the new cars perform?

Next year is the complete redesign right?

Last season of the current regs. Barely any changes at all - the cars will be about 0.5s a lap faster just from natural improvements.

Next season is the "fun" one though, aye.

Don't mind that at all - hopefully Lewis gets his 7th.

On another note i'm going to try and get to Silverstone & Monza this year - anyone on here go to the races in person?

On another note i'm going to try and get to Silverstone & Monza this year - anyone on here go to the races in person?
Done Silverstone once, about 3 years ago. Bloody brilliant. Need to find a way to go back, with my dad this time. But staying off site sounds like a nightmare.

I haven't done Silverstone since they ruined the circuit and doubled the prices a few years ago, but back in the day we used to camp at the Litchlake site over the road, then use Friday as a day to wander the circuit for a different view of the cars, Saturday we made sure of sitting near a screen to see who was where in quali, then Sunday was a bit more relaxed as we knew we had a seat reserved.

If you're happy to travel, I would recommend Hungary, the circuit is really fan friendly. From the pits straight you can see the cars all the way from turn 6 at the back of the circuit right round to turn 1. Then in the evening you're in Budapest, so can enjoy a great city while you're at it.

I did Silverstone about 6 years ago. The year everything was delayed because of the weather. I was so glad I had my caravan. We just sat and got pissed the whole time. It was only the next day when we'd ran out of drink that we realised they were stopping people driving off sight because it would have resulted in so many stuck cars so we had to walk a 4.5 mile round trip. The 2.odd miles there were fine, carrying the cases of beer back those 2.odd miles less so.

I'd love to go back but the lads who I'd go with have moved away for work.

Random story I’ve been reading. Williams GP owned a 1990 Ferrari...

Part of the $4m deal Ferrari paid them for Jean Alesi...

Logon or register to see this image

Done Silverstone once, about 3 years ago. Bloody brilliant. Need to find a way to go back, with my dad this time. But staying off site sounds like a nightmare.

How bad is staying off site? I'm doing it this year, a mate booked it with a local travel firm and its staying off site and I'm not pleased like.

Anyone been watching the Netflix documentary? I’ve power watched most of day
How was it? I’ve only watched the first half hour, but looks like it’s going to be same again, but glad the other teams are in it this time. I’m trying to stop myself skipping straight to Germany!

Last edited:
Like the safc Netflix show, it can be humorous to see drivers or Simon Grayson making bold predictions when you know how it plays out...
Yeah exactly! Cringing watching him walking around the Renault factory, all the staff with glasses of champagne and talking about beating Red Bull into 3rd. Must be f***ing awful to watch in hindsight when you’re in it.

Back