F1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well looks like another Mercedes dominated procession this season. Just wish the cars were more evenly matched. With it being subscription now and a virtual one out of two winners I think more fans will be lost.

Some start from Bottas

It was superb, Hamilton will still beat him this season though. Bottas tends to be really good on some circuits and poor on others (sonething to do with the type of surface) whereas Hamilton tends to be good on some and brilliant on others. Australia despite all his poles doesn't really suit Hamilton that well

Well looks like another Mercedes dominated procession this season. Just wish the cars were more evenly matched. With it being subscription now and a virtual one out of two winners I think more fans will be lost.

Certainly wasn't that last year, Ferrari for large parts of last season had the faster car. Hamilton was just ridiculously good

Last edited:
Reactions: PTR
To be fair, everyone knows Australia isn’t really an overtaking circuit. But the first race of the season you can’t not watch. There was some good midfield battles and it’s strange to see Hamilton struggle. But I still enjoyed it.

Come Bahrain and China it will be different

Was going to watch this later (recorded) but don't think I'll bother now. Sounded like a total procession.
One of the better Aus GPs. Although that's not saying much, its usually a pants race.

Really interesting to see the midfield battles - seems there's nowt between about 5 teams. Plus, there was a lot of close following compared to last season.

Great drive from Bottas. tbh, Ferrari made a bad call on the early stop, and Merc covering it for Lewis cost him the chance to fight for the win.

Can't decide if the Red Bulls are any good or not - Gasly absolutely nowhere, but Max right on Lewis' arse. Honda engine, jury still out, but signs are good.

Some start from Bottas
Really pleased for him tbh, even though I want Hamilton to win.

Bottas drove pretty well most of the time last year, and for a few breakdowns, and a couple of team orders, he'd have been much closer overall. He got too much unfair criticism imo.
I don't think Ocon is as good as him, he struggled with Perez with equal kit.

Disgrace from Ferrari already telling Leclerc to back off
Nah, you don't often let your team mates go wheel to wheel towards the end of a GP. Too early in the season to be risking losing 20+ constructor points.
Leclerc should have pitted and gone for fastest lap

Just caught this up, great drive from Bottas, but surely something amiss with Lewis's car for him to be that far behind.

Hopefully Mercedes will do the right thing once the season fully gets going and keep Bottas out of the way so that Lewis can win the title. Bottas will never be World Champion as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

Great to see Vettel struggle though.

Can't decide if the Red Bulls are any good or not
If you take ricciardo as an example, him in a Renault chassis & engine is where Sainz was last season... suggests that the red bull chassis was the over-riding performance factor in 2018. I guess the honda in the toro rosso is where it was last year, suggesting that in 2019 Adrian Newey is still as important as a Lewis Hamilton or Max...

Just caught this up, great drive from Bottas, but surely something amiss with Lewis's car for him to be that far behind.

Hopefully Mercedes will do the right thing once the season fully gets going and keep Bottas out of the way so that Lewis can win the title. Bottas will never be World Champion as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

Great to see Vettel struggle though.

Nothing wrong with his car imo, just pitted too early to fend off Vettel when he didn't really need to

Only watched the 8am showing of the race.

Bottas superb today he was ok fire. Lewis seemed to struggle but he always does here

RBR are the second best team but some way behind still

Ferrari a massive 50 seconds behind Merc, is this just a bad race or are they playing a massive catch up alread?

The midfield there is nothing between them and will bring some excellent racing on better tracks

Williams

Pitted 10 laps too early, when the first sets were still quicker - lost about 15seconds just by being on the wrong tyre.
Then the rest of the race, Bottas' tyres were obviously 10 laps fresher, so Lewis had no chance.

I watched it today cause it was on Sky One but I’m not sure I’m gonna pay to watch it. I’ve paid in the past but I can’t help but think that if they will sell fan numbers for money then it isn’t worth sticking with.

I also predict a big problem for them in the future when it becomes competitive with either Formula E or a variant of it.

Anyone else sacked it off this year?

Bottas was superb today, even if hamilton hadnt pitted early to cover vettel i dont think he would have beaten bottas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back