F1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see that george russell topped the timesheets for bahrain testing... from the back row to top time in a matter of days...

Reactions: PTR
I’ve no doubt he’ll be quick and in a top end car he’ll be there abouts, still hope the move to Williams doesn’t ruin him

I don't think it will. Just look at Alonso himself and his advice for Schumacher Jnr- take the first opportunity that comes your way and make the most of it.

He's in a piss poor car but, if he can keep beating and out qualifying Kubica in the same car, he'll be alright.

that leclerc looks good like, Ricciardo has made the wrong choice for this year at least (i know its a full factory team and wedge will have played a part)

McClaren finally on the right path again is good to see

The latest F1 'beyond the grid' podcast with tom clarkson was released this morning, interview with Murray Walker. Only had the first half hour on in the car to work but the interview so far is excellent to listen to. for a fella who is 95, that when commentating got his names\facts mixed up - his memory is sharp as a tack... highly recommend this to everyone (the guenther steiner & recent Coulthard ones were excellent too).

The latest F1 'beyond the grid' podcast with tom clarkson was released this morning, interview with Murray Walker. Only had the first half hour on in the car to work but the interview so far is excellent to listen to. for a fella who is 95, that when commentating got his names\facts mixed up - his memory is sharp as a tack... highly recommend this to everyone (the guenther steiner & recent Coulthard ones were excellent too).

I met him at a book signing about 15 years ago. Lovely bloke and one a big reason why I got into F1. I'll give this a listen.

I genuinely thought Murray was dead :eek: (must be alternate timelines again)

Cheers, i'll give that a listen.

I genuinely thought Murray was dead :eek: (must be alternate timelines again)
its a tie in with this weekend being the 1000th grand prix. pretty humbling to think that he commentated on the 1949 "british grand prix" which pre-dates f1 as a race series.

he mentions that he has the typical health concerns that any 95yo bloke would have, but i have a memory that he's had a cancer battle in recent years...

2013 - he had the early stages of lymphatic cancer. Fortunately :eek:, he had a fall on holiday and broke his pelvis and, through this, the cancer was discovered when it was treatable.
did something similar happen to bobby robson? had in my head that someone hurt themselves skiing which is how their cancer was found in smilar circumstances, but couldnt picture an 80 odd Murray Walker skiing...

That's an amazing stat
apparently he's still an avid viewer of the grand prix on telly, that's a lot of races he's seen... although bikes are his first love... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back