Exercise next to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite a few mind m8

It is a massive park that serves a huge area of Londoners. Many with no outdoor space I think if they want to use their hour's exercise for sunbathing it isn't the end of the world. Everyone in this country is vit d deficient so a bit of sunshine when it is possible is probably a good thing

It is a massive park that serves a huge area of Londoners. Many with no outdoor space I think if they want to use their hour's exercise for sunbathing it isn't the end of the world. Everyone in this country is vit d deficient so a bit of sunshine when it is possible is probably a good thing

Sunbathing or taking picnics isnt exercise though.....using the space for walking and jogging should be fine.

If the rules were relaxed and we all decided to head off to the park for a spot of sunbathing that's your social isolation out the window.

Sunbathing or taking picnics isnt exercise though.....using the space for walking and jogging should be fine.

If the rules were relaxed and we all decided to head off to the park for a spot of sunbathing that's your social isolation out the window.

The park in question serves a huge amount of people 90% of whom have no garden or outdoor space at all. If they choose to exercise by walking to a socially distanced spot in the park and sunbathe I think they should be allowed to.

I think everyone should be allowed to register their choice of hour to be out and then if they are stopped by the police outside of that hour they get charged with a serious penalty.

I agree, all the way along nothing has been a surprise, the public are softened up to an idea before if happens. Can see this happening next week. ‘Stay indoors unless you need food, medicine or have to work’.

you can run / walk to the supermarket perhaps ?

They need to tighten restrictions unfortunately. Whilst I've been at work this week the amount of people out and about as usual you'd think nothing was wrong. In some places you notice that there's less traffic/pedestrians about etc but not all. Still a shit ton of cars on the road and still people dodging about together, I've seen a fair few groups of young 'uns etc and some not so young. Loads of people in and out of their houses and jumping in their cars..
Agree, while I've been cycling to and from work, I noticed an increasing amount of traffic as the week went on.

The park in question serves a huge amount of people 90% of whom have no garden or outdoor space at all. If they choose to exercise by walking to a socially distanced spot in the park and sunbathe I think they should be allowed to.

I think everyone should be allowed to register their choice of hour to be out and then if they are stopped by the police outside of that hour they get charged with a serious penalty.
You don’t get to say what people should be allowed to do. Going to a park to sunbathe is not allowed.

Just heard Matt on the radio - if people don’t obey the instructions further restrictions will be applied. Please stay home people and we’ll get this poxy virus beaten.

Stay safe people
Some people just won't take simple femands
I can here loads of motor bikes driving around you can't tell me they are shopping or this is a form of exercise
Will be limited to 400m from home soon
Cycling will be out lawed too

Small minority.....same with most things.
Friends will fall out over this unfortunately......I've seen people on my strava feed heading out for 3hr bike rides ffs. Completely unacceptable under the circumstances.
Tin hat on but don't see the problem provided they keep there distance and are out in the open
Would be counter-productive in my opinion. It’d just cause unrest in certain areas, and for those who adhere to it, stress/depression would increase leading to weakened immune systems and more people using NHS.
Here Here I live on my own and I am lucky I have a home gym last thing I need is another mental health relapse

Tin hat on but don't see the problem provided they keep there distance and are out in the open

Here Here I live on my own and I am lucky I have a home gym last thing I need is another mental health relapse

What part of the government's stay at home message are you missing? A 3hr bike ride isnt essential and goes right against the current guidelines imo.
If cycling is allowed for 3hrs a day why cant we all be allowed out for that period of time......you can see where this may end up surely?

You made a very good point earlier today about a poster exercising outdoors in excess of the allotted time. Now you're posting this shite 😩

You made a very good point earlier today about a poster exercising outdoors in excess of the allotted time. Now you're posting this shite 😩
I know. I do feel that people should exercise in that hour rather than sunbathe. It would be good for them. I understand how in London and that area especially would need the outdoor time.
We all know the British were most healthy under rationing and growing their own veg etc due to WW2. I would like it if everyone took that approach now and exercised and ate more responsibly etc

I just see sunbathing in your hour if you keep distance as probably less likely to spread the virus than jogging so think to say it isn't allowed is unnecessarily punitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back