Exercise next to go

I’ll go cross country running at 2am.

I don’t expect too many coppers will be keen to run across muddy fields to catch me.
Make sure it's not the dog unit !!
I've been following government rules. I walk a nigh deserted route once a day. I keep my distance, I touch nothing. I'm not one of those people plating frisbee on a beach, riding in cavalcades of bikes, having outdoor get togethers. If I'm instructed to not go out at all, I will comply. But it still won't detract from the fact that my freedoms have been further curtailed by disobedient, selfish, and/or dense strangers. If you want to put that all on the government then that's your prerogative.
How does sun bathing, or having a feckin barbeque on the beach count as exercise in any sane person's mind? These nob's need a bloody good hammering. Curfew on, get the army boys out for a bit of exercise of their own

Last edited:
I've been following government rules. I walk a nigh deserted route once a day. I keep my distance, I touch nothing. I'm not one of those people plating frisbee on a beach, riding in cavalcades of bikes, having outdoor get togethers. If I'm instructed to not go out at all, I will comply. But it still won't detract from the fact that my freedoms have been further curtailed by disobedient, selfish, and/or dense strangers. If you want to put that all on the government then that's your prerogative.
Fuck that just get up at 5 and go for a wander.

The problem with such a penalty is how uneven it is as a punishment. Poor people will suffer whilst the rich will just laugh.

Deferred punishment might be a better choice. After the lockdown is over, place the perpetrators under house arrest for varying lengths of time - 1st offence: 1 week 2nd offence: 1 month 3rd offence 3 months. etc.

Nobody will suffer if they don’t it!

how dare folk from the same household sit on the grass together in the park on a rare sunny day .....how dare they , the murderers

how dare folk from the same household sit on the grass together in the park on a rare sunny day .....how dare they , the murderers
The problem is if everyone decides they want to sit on the grass on a sunny day, what happens if the grass gets so congested that families end up less than 2m apart? Who decides who is allowed to stay?

When we’re being asked to just stay at home for a few weeks why can’t people stop being selfish and just comply. The more people do what is asked, the sooner this will all be over and there’s a chance we might all be allowed to sit on the grass in June/July/august.

Nailed on it will be banned. Correct decision to. People have the rest of their lives to excercise, if they can survive this pandemic.
running or walking with your dog , would that likely be banned too?

Being cynical I'd say that this is already planned to be brought in next week when the 3 weeks is up🤔 You can see the 'spin' last few days and with Daily Mail and Sun scouring the country for people out and about. Will this mean people wont be able to take dogs for a walk? or take your baby out in a pram ?as at the moment people are using exercise reason to be out with dogs. I hate dogs but the government doesnt want to upset the dog walkers.

to police by consent, you have to give something to the people. You cannot use a sledgehammer on the people and expect them to accept it. Give them leeway and if it starts to get abused, tell them that and then the vast majority are with you, if you have to clamp down hard. most people can accept what is being said about social distancing, but some are ignoring it.

I also think the media need to stop point scoring as that is fuelling the dissenters. How can we plan an exit stategy, when we dont know where we will be when we are ready to exit

The problem is if everyone decides they want to sit on the grass on a sunny day, what happens if the grass gets so congested that families end up less than 2m apart? Who decides who is allowed to stay?

When we’re being asked to just stay at home for a few weeks why can’t people stop being selfish and just comply. The more people do what is asked, the sooner this will all be over and there’s a chance we might all be allowed to sit on the grass in June/July/august.

not allowed out to sunbath and sit in the park though

Back